6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

calstyl2

Reaction
Retrofit your existing truck with jacks? is that not a option?
Id spend some time with all of the "top" Spec truck builders before spending money, each platform is successful for a reason, Racer builds one off's, hes built some fast trucks but whens the last time you have seen a Racer in 6100 run in the lead pack?
And support at events, I see Geiser at most races, Brenthel is supporting a whole fleet, rent a a truck and see if it works for you first
Mason builds works of art, is the wait and cost worth it?
TSCO has built championship trucks for 6100 for a while now
And Herbst is the current hot mousetrap
Lots of choices before you spend any money or retrofit a jack system

MTPyle

Reaction
We are in no position to buy a new truck. I know a Mason, Geiser, TSCO, Herbst, etc.. are way better than what we have. Only way we make a change is into another older truck thats also got issues. Not much out there in the sub $200K spec truck market that does not have compromises.

We took our truck off the market and ordered a new fuel cell. Out truck is not perfect but its got a lot going for it and we know it well.

I think we can get proficient with a jack before we worry about on board jacks. Our plan is to get the newly designed fuel cell that puts the tires in the center stacked so we have room on the side for a bottle jack and normal jack.

Mike.

MTPyle

Reaction
Hard to know if anyone of the inquiries were real. Got a few.

My guess is most thought it was over priced because they have no idea what real spares cost. If I really wanted to sell it I would have re listed for $160K with no spares. Our spares are not just a bunch of old junk. When we got our truck it came with "spares" but it was just a bunch of old parts. Our spare package is basically another truck of powertrain and new prep parts. For $160K I think we could have sold it.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
I do not know Dale and have never driven a Racer. So my post and opinions are just that. I am sure Racer makes some great stuff. Older trucks are just that and who knows whats been changed.

Edit- just to be clear. It was not that the Racer was a bad truck that made us bail. It was that its different and we found out our truck was not our problem. Its possible the new Hot chick isn't crazy. Just not worth the risk for us to find out when we know we have not got 100% out of our truck yet.

Mike

Last edited:

McCredie A

Reaction
I do not know Dale and have never driven a Racer. So my post and opinions are just that. I am sure Racer makes some great stuff. Older trucks are just that and who knows whats been changed.

Edit- just to be clear. It was not that the Racer was a bad truck that made us bail. It was that its different and we found out our truck was not our problem. Its possible the new Hot chick isn't crazy. Just not worth the risk for us to find out when we know we have not got 100% out of our truck yet.

Mike

Put some new bolt ons on the ole Girl! You are going to be turning her into a MILF!

jcorsico

Reaction
Unless you are just there for a joyride, new technology is key. My Armada weighs 4000lbs with a 91 gallon fuel capacity and is blazing fast. There is nothing Pyle will be able to do with his truck to compete for a podium spot against newer tech.
I'm not sure this statement is true. Most of the new trucks are very similar to the old trucks. Yeah, maybe the geometry is a little better, and the weight balance is a little better, and they have bigger fuel cells, and the little kinks have been worked out, etc. But there is nothing fundamentally different about a new truck vs and old truck.

That's why Robby is still competitive, even though his truck is like 20 years old. Or why Lofton is competitive, even though he's got an old Jimco. Or why you could put Team C in a fleet of brand new Mason AWD trucks, and they didn't win (or even qualify all that well). The "new" stuff just isn't that different, even though it's certainly more polished and reliable than the "old" stuff.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I'm not sure this statement is true. Most of the new trucks are very similar to the old trucks. Yeah, maybe the geometry is a little better, and the weight balance is a little better, and they have bigger fuel cells, and the little kinks have been worked out, etc. But there is nothing fundamentally different about a new truck vs and old truck.

That's why Robby is still competitive, even though his truck is like 20 years old. Or why Lofton is competitive, even though he's got an old Jimco. Or why you could put Team C in a fleet of brand new Mason AWD trucks, and they didn't win (or even qualify all that well). The "new" stuff just isn't that different, even though it's certainly more polished and reliable than the "old" stuff.
I don't know if it's a matter of old and new as much as talented versus loaded.

SMS81

Reaction

How many old trucks have won lately or even made the podium? Pyle drives a 15yr old truck. We are also talking about TT spec, not TT. Look, I think it is great that a guy with a 2005 mustang gt can put a new engine in it, change up some shocks add a nice stereo and then believes it is as good as the 2021 Shelby gt, it keeps the dream alive! Reality is what it is. Luke’s truck is a stretch, it’s not that old and the only thing factory is the paint color! And it too is being replaced with new tech.

calstyl2

Reaction
Kyle Leduc got in the 3 after doing many more improvements to it from original setup, ran with lead pack for a while, as soon as he got out it was back to being a marker. The new vs old argument in unlimited trucks is dumb. 6100 has some older trucks that do very well but too tier unlimited trucks is a whole different world. Luke’s truck has been completely changed from when Racer built it. Driver skills and support all add to the formula for consistency. Lofton isn’t driving a old Jimco either, and now has Mason in his fleet.

SMS81

Reaction
Kyle Leduc got in the 3 after doing many more improvements to it from original setup, ran with lead pack for a while, as soon as he got out it was back to being a marker. The new vs old argument in unlimited trucks is dumb. 6100 has some older trucks that do very well but too tier unlimited trucks is a whole different world. Luke’s truck has been completely changed from when Racer built it. Driver skills and support all add to the formula for consistency. Lofton isn’t driving a old Jimco either, and now has Mason in his fleet.
3 is my favorite of all time. Would probably take it over a new ride and enjoy every mile!!

MTPyle

Reaction
How many old trucks have won lately or even made the podium? Pyle drives a 15yr old truck. We are also talking about TT spec, not TT. Look, I think it is great that a guy with a 2005 mustang gt can put a new engine in it, change up some shocks add a nice stereo and then believes it is as good as the 2021 Shelby gt, it keeps the dream alive! Reality is what it is. Luke’s truck is a stretch, it’s not that old and the only thing factory is the paint color! And it too is being replaced with new tech.

correction. My chassis is from 2012 and was state of the art CAD designed and cut at the time.

Since then it was widened and greatly modified. Nothing really from 2012 on our truck.

I know the public perception is one thing but I can absolutely tell you that on the race course we are not slower than many of the new tech trucks. We pass then all the time at speed. Even in my tire change video you can see we were slightly ahead of Osborn in his Mason or at least holding our own behind another truck. We had caught a new Brenthal within 15 miles of the start. After our tire change I passed 5 vehicles at speed. All of which were newer trucks with “new” Tech. And I am not that fast of a driver. Talk to the guys that passed us at speed at Legacy. oh wait there wasn’t any. LOL

The good thing about your position and statements is it makes me want to get on the podium with our truck even more. Really can’t wait until you get your New tech Armarda and I beat you in our Dinosaur. Hehe

Mike

10 shot

Reaction
Fast tire changes are great but the key is .....no flats and no problems run a clean race. You just do not hear the class winner say well we got 3 flats and bent a driveshaft ect. Top 3 cars or trucks normally run flat free no issues. Used to be you could run a safe pace and save equipment and get good results. Not anymore you have to push it to the limit run a clean race with no flats to get a top 3. One flat no matter how fast! you can go from the lead car to 10th place. It's just that competitive now.

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah it was awesome, that’s why they made so many! Glad you got a truck you like, keep on trucking...

just because they make a lot of something does not make it good.

not saying our truck is the fastest truck out there. But Jim Riley raced the hell out of it and made a lot of improvements. We have also raced the hell out of it and made a lot of improvements. Our truck is nothing like the truck it was when it was built.

just so you know I am just smack talking for fun. Not enough of guys giving each other crap to create excitement on race day.

I absolutely believe our truck could be in the top 5 and will do our best to get it there. People have no idea what it takes to race 6100 these days. It’s not easy and takes a lot of work and money. Especially the guys fighting their way up from the bottom.

And Jeff is right. There are a lot of “old” Geiser’s that are kicking ass. Griffith, Williams, and Lovell have older Dinosaur chassis’s and seriously throw down.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Just liked another post of a Keith’s, WTH is going on?!! LOL

Mike