6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

MTPyle

Reaction
It’s been interesting so far. I am looking at the top 5. Giving 5th place 1 point and 1st place 5 points. So the trucks get more points for better finishes. No perfect way to do it but this will be a interesting perspective. For sure Kyle messes up the numbers LOL.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Anyone know what truck Chad Dohrman and Charles Dorrance drive?

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
OK here are my results so far. I went back to 2018 and have 26 races. Pretty interesting. It was interesting to see the drivers names that really drove the results. Pun intended. this is Spec Truck only.

1622173972900.png

SMS81

Reaction
Interesting data
You could take it 1 step further and account for podium probability amount by entry percentages per race to give a more accurate result. For example using your scale, race A has 10 overall entries. 4 Geiser trucks, 3 brenthels, 2 masons and 1 fusion. This would give a 40% chance of a geiser winning, 30% brenthel and so on. You can use these percentages to handicap the points awarded by multiplying it to the overall total and subtracting. If geiser was awarded 10 points total for finishing trucks in the top five, the adjusted total with the podium probability factor of 40% would score 6points(10-(10x40%))=6pts This may equal out the numbers based on actual performance and not the fact there were just a lot of one type of truck entered. Therefor if the fusion found its way to the top spot it would have actually taken in account its odds of getting there and reflect that in points allotted.(5-(5x10%))=4.5pts Lots of math but really cool data! I’m sure someone much smarter than I can come up with a better performance scale, just a quick attempt on my part.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
everyone forgets how much faster the specs are going now. Top 5 usually are not far off on time from unlimited trucks. Seems regular the 1st spec is under top 10 in overalls often. I think some 5ths even. So a podium in a spec is pretty tough since there hanging with top 10 overalls.
and they would only get top twenty if they had only 6-8 show up on average, 6100 gets Big fields, they push the limmit, big talent pool, i wouldn't be surprised if a spec nabbs a score overall someday soon.

51rcr

Reaction
and they would only get top twenty if they had only 6-8 show up on average, 6100 gets Big fields, they push the limmit, big talent pool, i wouldn't be surprised if a spec nabbs a score overall someday soon.
i dont think so by the times, depends on which 6 or 8, just like TT. Which seem to push it even when there's low truck numbers. split may get bigger again with more and more AWD and power going up another 2-300hp.

Robin Hood

Reaction
Interesting data
You could take it 1 step further and account for podium probability amount by entry percentages per race to give a more accurate result. For example using your scale, race A has 10 overall entries. 4 Geiser trucks, 3 brenthels, 2 masons and 1 fusion. This would give a 40% chance of a geiser winning, 30% brenthel and so on. You can use these percentages to handicap the points awarded by multiplying it to the overall total and subtracting. If geiser was awarded 10 points total for finishing trucks in the top five, the adjusted total with the podium probability factor of 40% would score 6points(10-(10x40%))=6pts This may equal out the numbers based on actual performance and not the fact there were just a lot of one type of truck entered. Therefor if the fusion found its way to the top spot it would have actually taken in account its odds of getting there and reflect that in points allotted.(5-(5x10%))=4.5pts Lots of math but really cool data! I’m sure someone much smarter than I can come up with a better performance scale, just a quick attempt on my part.

A more relavent factor would be how much money they spent...LOL

jon coleman

Reaction
i dont think so by the times, depends on which 6 or 8, just like TT. Which seem to push it even when there's low truck numbers. split may get bigger again with more and more AWD and power going up another 2-300hp.
and tire size going to 50"

ErickK

Reaction
No chance of that ever happening. 2, 3 or more of the TTs will always have a day that went at worst 80% right and that’s enough to overall.

MTPyle

Reaction
Jason ran an amazing race. That dude is fast. But yes another one for Geiser. They get further ahead of the pack on wins.

Brenthal had a blown engine early on with Kyle. That sucks.

Ryan Hancock ans Jordan ran a great race. But another penalty riddled race for them. I guess racing in Baja isn’t as easy as the states. They actually give penalties in Baja.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Jason makes our Fiberglass also. They are the best. And yes they make all the Geiser Fiberglass. Jason’s truck is a Geiser.

we love Fiberwerx and proud to be part of the Fiberwerx team.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Kiwi

are you saying Jason’s truck is not a Geiser? What type is it?

Mike