6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Totally agree it’s a package deal. Need everything to be right to matter.

finally getting the new 40” Toyo tires on our truck. It’s been a long time coming. Can’t wait to see how they do on our truck.

Mike

Attachments

• C6BC5E68-5E46-49CC-8BBF-691C7359977F.jpeg
    C6BC5E68-5E46-49CC-8BBF-691C7359977F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5DCF02A6-A3DE-4483-868F-E8D3157AAA97.jpeg
    5DCF02A6-A3DE-4483-868F-E8D3157AAA97.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Gm has to keep producing these motors till at least 2025, it’s just a temporary issues getting parts and motors, we will be fine. And there is plenty of ways to police motor rebuilds, it will just take a little work. It’s just like rebuilding a 2.4 motor in any of the class’s they run in. And it’s weird, I don’t here anybody calling anybody a cheater in those class’s, it’s just 6100 for some reason.
There is plenty of finger pointing/creativity going on in the other “spec” engine classes, we just don’t smear it over here(most of the time) ;)

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
Totally agree it’s a package deal. Need everything to be right to matter.

finally getting the new 40” Toyo tires on our truck. It’s been a long time coming. Can’t wait to see how they do on our truck.

Mike
Nice. They are 40 x 13.5? The BFGs are labeled 40 x 12.5. I wonder if there is an actual difference in size or weight.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Gm has to keep producing these motors till at least 2025, it’s just a temporary issues getting parts and motors, we will be fine. And there is plenty of ways to police motor rebuilds, it will just take a little work. It’s just like rebuilding a 2.4 motor in any of the class’s they run in. And it’s weird, I don’t here anybody calling anybody a cheater in those class’s, it’s just 6100 for some reason.
Problem is, these 525 engines are no longer being manufactured by GM. They are now being manufactured for GM by an outside source and the quality has drastically gone down hill. To add to the issue, the engines are more expensive and harder to get. I just got 2 engines Last week and it’s a good thing I got 2 as the cam bolts fell out of one of them on the engine dyno. There has been multiple issues with these engines since the manufacturing switch.

I would suggest that you 6100 guys seriously look at the LT1 option as rebuilding these engines will NOT be an option per BITD.

critter81

RDC Crypto
Problem is, these 525 engines are no longer being manufactured by GM. They are now being manufactured for GM by an outside source and the quality has drastically gone down hill. To add to the issue, the engines are more expensive and harder to get. I just got 2 engines Last week and it’s a good thing I got 2 as the cam bolts fell out of one of them on the engine dyno. There has been multiple issues with these engines since the manufacturing switch.

I would suggest that you 6100 guys seriously look at the LT1 option as rebuilding these engines will NOT be an option per BITD.
I think I will pass on racing BITD then....

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The LT1 isn’t a bad option.

of all of our engine problems only one issue was the engines fault. The rest were Turnkey issues or things we did wrong learning the new set up.

Now that we figured out all the gotchas I would not hesitate to make the switch from LS to LT.

Mike

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
The LT1 isn’t a bad option.

of all of our engine problems only one issue was the engines fault. The rest were Turnkey issues or things we did wrong learning the new set up.

Now that we figured out all the gotchas I would not hesitate to make the switch from LS to LT.

Mike
yes, but i feel one more $ea$on of Your r&d and fine tuning are what We are all waiting for , so We can be $ure👍

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
How does a full blown TT compare in terms of weight to a TT Spec? Are they pretty similar? Feels like downgrading the motor and transmission to fit into TTS won't make it as fast as a purpose built TTS

I hope you keep us posted on all your updates to the truck, I've been wondering about this type of conversion for a while, just always thought a full blown TT would be too heavy for a spec motor

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
How does a full blown TT compare in terms of weight to a TT Spec? Are they pretty similar? Feels like downgrading the motor and transmission to fit into TTS won't make it as fast as a purpose built TTS

I hope you keep us posted on all your updates to the truck, I've been wondering about this type of conversion for a while, just always thought a full blown TT would be too heavy for a spec motor
Spec TT's started off as lightweight TT's.
Less paneling. Thinner wall tubing in areas. Less lacing in some areas. Thinner plate thicknesses. Smaller fuel cells. Smaller tires. One spare v. two. Smaller shocks, etc.

That is not the case anymore. They have trended towards being de-tuned TT's.

Same size fuel cells. Same size shocks. Same arms, spindles. In some cases, same exact chassis.

SMS81

RDC Crypto
Spec TT's started off as lightweight TT's.
Less paneling. Thinner wall tubing in areas. Less lacing in some areas. Thinner plate thicknesses. Smaller fuel cells. Smaller tires. One spare v. two. Smaller shocks, etc.

That is not the case anymore. They have trended towards being de-tuned TT's.

Same size fuel cells. Same size shocks. Same arms, spindles. In some cases, same exact chassis.
Or have TT evolved to lighter chassis and better design??

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Thatcher is running the old Canidae truck with Valerie Clark which was an unlimited truck and it's now a spec truck. The difference that I know of is that an unlimited truck is usually wider by a few inches and sometimes has a few inch longer wheelbase.

My personal truck that will be unlimited is really on a spec platform. I'm just not in line with buying different engine packages when the paper pushers decide they're changing it up. I like to control my own wallet.

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto
Just kind of hard to imagine putting a 525bhp motor on a truck that was built with 800+hp in mind. That Jimco is badass though, hope they do well in it
Now image a spec TT taking a podium overall at V2R. Does that change your perspective?! These new spec TTs are not built based on a 525hp engine. They're built based on 1,000hp engines and get smaller engines/transmissions put in. Not saying they're built exactly the same as a TT, but chassis-wise, they're very very similar.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Most of the top spec trucks that are in the top 5 are full size TT’s. All the Herbst trucks.

it’s already been proven that light is not a good thing in desert racing. Great for shooter course or qualifying but not racing.

that full size Jimco TT will make a great Spec truck.

Mike

SMS81

RDC Crypto
I think heavier is better is a pretty ignorant statement. There has to be a sweet spot with weight. What it is, I don’t know? 5000? 5500? 6000 sounds a little heavy to me but I’m sure people make it work? What does an older tt weigh? Class 10s are pretty light, they seem to be pretty fast. The lighter 6200 smoked all the spec trucks until a mechanical? What is H/S formula? a heavy spec truck or a light tt?? (I don’t know how much of this really matters with the right guy behind the wheel)