6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Haha thanks for posting that. Hopefully Nathan sees this post. We have one of these and have had to use it in the last to get the air out. I told him to use it but he insisted he got the air out without using this tool. Which he may have and we have another issue but I was teasing him about the vacuum tool last night.

Mike
Do you have a stand alone ECU? I ask because of the CHT sensor on that engine.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Yes all spec truck engines have stand alone ECU for engine.

We have 3 water temp sensors. One thats stock on the water pump outlet that goes to ECU, an electronic sensor that goes to our AEM dash, Then a mechanical Autometer gauge in the dash. So we know its not a sensor issue.

It cooled fine for about 20 miles then started to act up. its possible there was debris in the engine from the blown headgasket and it got in the thermostat. But when we got back it took a gallon more of coolant. So I think there was a air pocket. A gallon is a lot to be short.

Mike

rampageman

RDC Crypto
El Roman,

Very good question, thanks for asking.

You a re correct no BITD engine is to be "rebuilt". But Turnkey can make minor repairs and re tag. Which is what they did for us, but they consider us a development partner on the new engine package so thats why they are doing things that they would not normally do. We had to take the truck to them to have them perform any work.

They have done two repairs. One was replacing blown head gasket. They said they would swap head gasket but if there was anything else wrong they would not re tag. Then they replaced push rod and rocker. They have been pretty good at trying to support us with all the problems we have had. All of the Spec trucks will end up benefiting from all of our work with Turnkey on the LT1.

But you are right they do not want to be repairing and re tagging any spec engines.

Mike
I ended up ordering an LS3 for the time being while the LT1 is getting sorted out. I have enough things during the work week that cause me discontent without the LT1 adding to it.

rampageman

RDC Crypto
that Jimc0 tt number 1 is the coolest, i remember R.Ramirez letting me getta peek at it being constructed at the old shop just before they moved, just had the new fuel cell mocked up, w0w , it was all i could do not to drool all over it and act like a giddy school girl, still my favorite tt, next to' arnold'
It makes me drool over it and its sitting in the shop. It's a work of art, for sure.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Yes all spec truck engines have stand alone ECU for engine.

We have 3 water temp sensors. One thats stock on the water pump outlet that goes to ECU, an electronic sensor that goes to our AEM dash, Then a mechanical Autometer gauge in the dash. So we know its not a sensor issue.

It cooled fine for about 20 miles then started to act up. its possible there was debris in the engine from the blown headgasket and it got in the thermostat. But when we got back it took a gallon more of coolant. So I think there was a air pocket. A gallon is a lot to be short.

Mike
how big of a swirl tank?, expansion tank?, they need to add up to at least a gallon volume, more is better

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
Question

Opinions to allow Midengine trucks in 6100?

IMO, there is no advantage as Underdrives are now allowed. It's more of a driver's personal choice.

Thoughts?
VeryFast,

Absolutely NOT !

IMO,.....it is NOT a drivers personal choice for a mid-ship power unit.....nor was it the drivers choice for the 530hp engine,....nor the underdrive etc...

IMO,......( and this is the route that our Team have taken ),.......your race programs budget is put under a microscope and a monetary figure is determined,........then, the rulebook is studied VERY CAREFULLY,......then a "choice" is made as to which class you will participate in,.....then either purchase a vehicle or build a vehicle to the chosen class rules and go enjoy.
( I am well aware of the position posted elsewhere that ALL racers should start in a "entry level" class to gain experience and not be allowed to "buy" a way into the upper classes )

I / We have done our project in accordance to the outlined steps above.........and we have been "bitten" by class rule changes.

Our 6100 build started in the 37" tire / 430hp / no underdrive era.........that has obviously morphed into 530hp, 40" tires and underdrive.

Fortunately, we were in a position that those changes were implemented at such a time in our build that it did not cause too much difficulty to bridge that gap.

For some of the already running 6100 units, this rule change brought upon a huge increase in costs by way of the now acceptable "upgrades".
For some Teams, it was not only the 40" tires, underdrive and 530hp engine,........also necessary was a suspension "tweek / upgrade", brake package "tweek / upgrade" and a host of other things.

That rule change sparked a whole bunch of dialogue / controversy etc.....and I believe drove a stake right through the class in terms of creating a most definite "divide".

Yes,......BITD became more "in line" in terms of rules to SCORE due to the above outlined rule change......and IMO, this is a good thing for those Teams who want to partake in each Sanctioning body events under similar rules......but for many Teams, it was not so good.

Now the question you pose regarding mid-ship power units ?........ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Here is the REAL QUESTION:

~ Why not have a few "Unlimited" ( unregulated by rules ) classes to satisfy those with the budget they have & a bunch of "regulated by rules" classes to satisfy everyone else who wants to get involved in the sport at various levels that their budget will allow ?

......oh wait, we already have these classes but for some reason, some people are trying to change class rules or "stir the pot / beat on the Hornets nest" by suggesting a change in regulated class rules ?

I seem to recall much discussion about "adding / creating" more classes in other threads ( the general consensus was that there are too many classes already ),........I seem to recall much discussion about altering certain class rules to include items that are currently only being used in the "Unlimited" category ( the general consensus was "if you want a unlimited vehicle, step into the unlimited class ),........I seem to recall much discussion on where the 6100 Teams who did not, or could not keep up with the rule changes would go ?........combining with the 7200 ????? or something like that.

This is all so ridiculous.......

The Sanctioning bodies ( BITD, SCORE and all others ) make the rules.......the racers follow the rules or move to another class or Organization.......SIMPLE.

There will always be a bunch of guys looking to exploit certain areas ( SMOKEY YUNICK comes to mind ) with "creative" thinking and "reading between the lines" of the posted rules per class.......this is all good AND good for the sport.

IMO,........it would better serve the Sanctioning bodies AND racers if the rules were laid out AND strictly ENFORCED WITHOUT EXCEPTION........not at random,........but at each and every event !

CONSISTENCY is key in racing,......likewise in rule ENFORCEMENT.

I strongly oppose mid-ship power units for 6100 / TT Spec.

I tried to be as "on point" as possible,......but, I'm sure someone out there will want to dismantle this reply......fire away !

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
how many cars average on the grid in tt spec?, before you want rule changes ,i say you get an average spec tt, win a few races, Then speak up about a rule change, last thing any big spec class wants is an outsider wanting to play in the tt spec sand box with His $pecial bucket& shovel, ESPECIALLY if he/ she shows up in a helicopter😱

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com
VeryFast,

Absolutely NOT !

IMO,.....it is NOT a drivers personal choice for a mid-ship power unit.....nor was it the drivers choice for the 530hp engine,....nor the underdrive etc...

IMO,......( and this is the route that our Team have taken ),.......your race programs budget is put under a microscope and a monetary figure is determined,........then, the rulebook is studied VERY CAREFULLY,......then a "choice" is made as to which class you will participate in,.....then either purchase a vehicle or build a vehicle to the chosen class rules and go enjoy.
( I am well aware of the position posted elsewhere that ALL racers should start in a "entry level" class to gain experience and not be allowed to "buy" a way into the upper classes )

I / We have done our project in accordance to the outlined steps above.........and we have been "bitten" by class rule changes.

Our 6100 build started in the 37" tire / 430hp / no underdrive era.........that has obviously morphed into 530hp, 40" tires and underdrive.

Fortunately, we were in a position that those changes were implemented at such a time in our build that it did not cause too much difficulty to bridge that gap.

For some of the already running 6100 units, this rule change brought upon a huge increase in costs by way of the now acceptable "upgrades".
For some Teams, it was not only the 40" tires, underdrive and 530hp engine,........also necessary was a suspension "tweek / upgrade", brake package "tweek / upgrade" and a host of other things.

That rule change sparked a whole bunch of dialogue / controversy etc.....and I believe drove a stake right through the class in terms of creating a most definite "divide".

Yes,......BITD became more "in line" in terms of rules to SCORE due to the above outlined rule change......and IMO, this is a good thing for those Teams who want to partake in each Sanctioning body events under similar rules......but for many Teams, it was not so good.

Now the question you pose regarding mid-ship power units ?........ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Here is the REAL QUESTION:

~ Why not have a few "Unlimited" ( unregulated by rules ) classes to satisfy those with the budget they have & a bunch of "regulated by rules" classes to satisfy everyone else who wants to get involved in the sport at various levels that their budget will allow ?

......oh wait, we already have these classes but for some reason, some people are trying to change class rules or "stir the pot / beat on the Hornets nest" by suggesting a change in regulated class rules ?

I seem to recall much discussion about "adding / creating" more classes in other threads ( the general consensus was that there are too many classes already ),........I seem to recall much discussion about altering certain class rules to include items that are currently only being used in the "Unlimited" category ( the general consensus was "if you want a unlimited vehicle, step into the unlimited class ),........I seem to recall much discussion on where the 6100 Teams who did not, or could not keep up with the rule changes would go ?........combining with the 7200 ????? or something like that.

This is all so ridiculous.......

The Sanctioning bodies ( BITD, SCORE and all others ) make the rules.......the racers follow the rules or move to another class or Organization.......SIMPLE.

There will always be a bunch of guys looking to exploit certain areas ( SMOKEY YUNICK comes to mind ) with "creative" thinking and "reading between the lines" of the posted rules per class.......this is all good AND good for the sport.

IMO,........it would better serve the Sanctioning bodies AND racers if the rules were laid out AND strictly ENFORCED WITHOUT EXCEPTION........not at random,........but at each and every event !

CONSISTENCY is key in racing,......likewise in rule ENFORCEMENT.

I strongly oppose mid-ship power units for 6100 / TT Spec.

I tried to be as "on point" as possible,......but, I'm sure someone out there will want to dismantle this reply......fire away !
Understand your disheartening stance concerning rule changes and increasing costs. For sure the 530hp/40in/underdrive caused an undue costs in upgrades. The class was doing fine..... Though, IMO as a previous Pro Truck Racer, the upgrades sometimes stabilize the field and over time lower the costs. Pro Truck is a good example of needed upgrades/changes to the rules. Many racers wanted what is today the 6100 class back than. And yes... the 6100 class has exploded since the rule change. Wether or not it was just time or the rule change is another discussion. I have been on the receiving end a few times with rule changes to the point of showing up at races and not being allowed to race due to a "change" in the rules.

My question arises due "TO" the 530hp/40in/underdrive rule changes. IMO opinion, these changes make a Mid Engine configuration of no advantage over the the present rules with the exception/arguement that a daring few prefer to drive a Mid Engine over a traditional Front Engine Truck. There has been no proof in race results showing any advantage between the two except for the fact only a few Mid Engines exist.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
does tt spec hava da?, a class steward?, hold a vote in the class to allow per - race exemptions to older tt mid -engine cars to race if they dont really fit nowhere else, more the merrier i always say in motorsport( unless the guy wins....

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Understand your disheartening stance concerning rule changes and increasing costs. For sure the 530hp/40in/underdrive caused an undue costs in upgrades. The class was doing fine..... Though, IMO as a previous Pro Truck Racer, the upgrades sometimes stabilize the field and over time lower the costs. Pro Truck is a good example of needed upgrades/changes to the rules. Many racers wanted what is today the 6100 class back than. And yes... the 6100 class has exploded since the rule change. Wether or not it was just time or the rule change is another discussion. I have been on the receiving end a few times with rule changes to the point of showing up at races and not being allowed to race due to a "change" in the rules.

My question arises due "TO" the 530hp/40in/underdrive rule changes. IMO opinion, these changes make a Mid Engine configuration of no advantage over the the present rules with the exception/arguement that a daring few prefer to drive a Mid Engine over a traditional Front Engine Truck. There has been no proof in race results showing any advantage between the two except for the fact only a few Mid Engines exist.
Go build an unlimited truck. That's what you want. Leave the class with rules you don't like alone.