6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
from the write ups, the Lt1 looks ok, its just a dumb old 4 stroke eng., as long as it has all the sub systems in good/ adequate tune, its gonna win races

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Seems like the newer style motors that rely on all the fancy electronics and sensors to make them run correctly have the most problems. If everyone starts blowing them up like this there will be a shortage of new motors in no time!

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Well, I know teams are buying or looking at buying LT motors because, apparently, the crate LS's are on the chopping block, so it won't be long. Was told by another team the swap from LS to LT is $30k not including the motor. New motor plates front and rear, headers, accessory drives, rearrange engine compartment, harness, tune, etc... New trucks being built with the LT package so it doesn't have to be done mid season down the road when you won't be able to get a new crate motor.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Seems like the newer style motors that rely on all the fancy electronics and sensors to make them run correctly have the most problems. If everyone starts blowing them up like this there will be a shortage of new motors in no time!

Not one of our issues have been the engines fault. In fact the new electrincos have saved our butts a few times.

The LT1 is an amazing engine. It’s very different than the LS3 but it’s absolutely better. Our issues are our issues.

I feel bad making the LT1 look bad. It’s not. We just made a lot of rookie mistakes.

Mike

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
full disclosure / taking responsibility is a good policy, I've seen ' racers' blame it All on somthing else besides that mirror in the bathroom, its like all these outside cosmic forces are snubbing thier podium spot, not themselves, and they were miserable..

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Any other regular 6100 racers running the motor? seems to be some high dollar trucks being built but staying with the older package, spend the money on a new X brand truck but using old motor system

10 shot

RDC Crypto
If the lt1 was a advantage ppl would be jumping on it building new trucks but there not. Honestly I think when the ls3 runs completely out they will allow rebuilds.

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Its all in fun. We are close. Really.

Bro, I don't think you have met me and my two boys in person. I don't think we will fit into C10 buggies. Not many of them are made for 6'5". I really didn't fit when we raced C10 in the early 2000's and I am the smaller one in the group.

And yes I deserve what I get because I like to poke the bear. Besides if I am not creating arguments on RDC it is boring. I do feel bad that I have made the 6100 thread a mess arguing back and forth, that was not my goal for creating the thread. I try and add value.

We wont be able to run the truck for two weeks so I was asking Nathan to make some more changes. He said no, in a nice way. LOL

Our plan is to spend two days in Barstow shaking it down and getting seat time. Should be fun. Then we know we are ready for Parker. Hopefully BITD makes it a two day race. The last few times we have tested its been right before a race and the boys were not comfortable pushing the truck with no time to fix it if they screw up. We will have time this round to fix things if they make mistakes, So game on.

Mike
Mike I’m rebuilding my 11 car now. Lowering seats so you can fit. jajaja

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
MTPyle,
Please post the dates you will be in Barstow, I'll make the drive. I want to meet the team and have you autograph my diploma from RDCU majoring in 6100 Engine and Gearing Ratio's.

Lance

Lance that would be great.

I will let you guys know.

Anyone that has a truck should come up. I will let you drive our truck to see how the LT1 feels. Will even do a drag race. Would be cool to get a couple trucks out there and mess around.

I once asked Ray Griffith if he wanted to drag race and he laughed, said something like it does not matter how well you drag race in desert racing. Haha. He is right.

But it’s still a good way to see how engines, traction, and drivetrains work.

I could be wrong but I think our truck is as fast as most of the LS3 trucks and maybe faster than many in a drag race. In races I feel like we out power the guys we are racing around. We have yet to race close to the Herbst trucks as they are always way faster and I doubt we are as fast as them on pure power. Would be cool to see.

I am pretty confident anyone that races a LS3 truck would be pretty impressed with the Torque our LT1 has.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
We need to do a shakedown on our prerunner. Weekends in Barstow are a little sketchy though. We prefer the hodge road loop. Safe, not clapped out, visibility on the car almost the whole time. I think it’s about 3-4 miles maybe.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
hey, small cars are a state of mind, especially if its a race car, im sure MTP could fit, IF he had to👍

Attachments

• th (1).jpeg
    th (1).jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
  • th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Isn’t that from Chips TV show? Haha love that.

We are planning on Oct 21-22. Thursday and Friday for testing. The weekends are just too busy out there. We will have day one to deal with any issues and trying some new tune stuff. And Friday for playing and getting seat time. When we try to do one day we get rushed and don’t get time to really get dialed in.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Maybe you’ll see us there. Might tow out my travel trailer and make it a little less rushed. I wonder how the weather is in October out there…

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
best testing for good results is if you treat it as a weekend dez trip, friday night is lights set up and EASY miles, just 1/2 throttle and shaking it down , sat morning is looking for leaks& then nutn n boltn, then thats when you check all the psi and run it!( yup,^, thats back whan you could rip apart your broke honda & the police would make sure you did it safely😍 i think Rosey tore apart an n600 honda, ..'77 first season cHps

Attachments

• i018673.jpg
    i018673.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
LOL

Yeah that would be great. All the know it all’s can stand there and keep telling me what I am doing wrong. Haha. Maybe someone will bring a LS3 to put in my truck to solve all my problems.

Actually I have learned a lot from this group and for the most part RDC has been very helpful. I am sure if any of you guys did come to hang out it would be super cool.

Mike

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
hey, I'll bring some airfilter ideas ive been thinking about, we can test them 👍

Attachments

• th (11).jpeg
    th (11).jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
  • th (9).jpeg
    th (9).jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
  • th (10).jpeg
    th (10).jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0