6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

nohandslance

RDC Crypto
What's the back story on the Herling Family racing program, Legacy series, #6160, #6150, Fusion Built.

BajaAddict

RDC Crypto
What's the back story on the Herling Family racing program, Legacy series, #6160, #6150, Fusion Built.
All I know is the dad needed to get out of his kids way on Day 1 of LDC. The kid was in his dad's dust for 2 laps... Finally got by him and put a gap on him.

Unless they are just out there to have a good time and race each other. If that's the case, more power to them!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The Herling team are great guys. We have raced around them and they are super cool. Clean racers that would help anyone.

It’s great to see them have two trucks and race each other. I would love to have two trucks and be able to race my boys. But yeah I would have let them go at LDC. The son could have done better if he wasn’t having to work around Dad. That being said who knows if I was actually in that position, I may make them work for it.

I think someone here said they are putting a LT1 in one of the trucks.

Mike

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
What would you like to know?

They are super hard working bike guys who moved into truck racing, Jerry is a big time fan of the fusion platform and program and they do his entire program basically for him. They race, A LOT. And he helps a few teams out including me, Bowers in his TT, the Trophylite series, and some girls who race bikes. Jerry raced both 6100 and his SXS in the morning both days at the legacy race. His son and him find each other a lot on the track at races and makes for fun racing!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Looks like a blast. Interesting that the Dad took better lines and the son kept over driving. When he finally caught him I bet he was thinking man is this OK to punt my Dad? LOL you can tell he wanted to but was holding back. Great racing.

Mike

51rcr

RDC Crypto
thanks mike for keeping the post active. I dont ever see me changing engines platfrom unless someones paying. working on rear end parts now. Been busy working lots for awhile so hope theres money left when i get it done so can go south this winter and play for a bit. Going to change some cooling. I have heat exchangers in my radiators. Going to seperate all the cooling for water, trans and oil.

BajaJT

RDC Crypto
Looks like a blast. Interesting that the Dad took better lines and the son kept over driving. When he finally caught him I bet he was thinking man is this OK to punt my Dad? LOL you can tell he wanted to but was holding back. Great racing.

Mike
That was very cool!

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
thanks mike for keeping the post active. I dont ever see me changing engines platfrom unless someones paying. working on rear end parts now. Been busy working lots for awhile so hope theres money left when i get it done so can go south this winter and play for a bit. Going to change some cooling. I have heat exchangers in my radiators. Going to seperate all the cooling for water, trans and oil.
That’s the best thing you could do with how you have to drive a 6100 heat exchangers don’t work! Big oil cooler, big trans cooler, positioned to force air through the core.