6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Pyle needs DeCaf today

Yes I am wound up today. Been talking to Matt Martelli about the Mint and trying to decide with our team if we are racing. Found out the entry list is bogus and filled with guys that are not racing. Also found out Whipple would have to pay a Commercial fee to promote our involvement in the race. Been reaching out to people and getting into discussions that are getting my blood going. So its been one of those days.

Mike

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Yes I am wound up today. Been talking to Matt Martelli about the Mint and trying to decide with our team if we are racing. Found out the entry list is bogus and filled with guys that are not racing. Also found out Whipple would have to pay a Commercial fee to promote our involvement in the race. Been reaching out to people and getting into discussions that are getting my blood going. So its been one of those days.

Mike
So not only is Mad Media good at hyping an event, they are also good at hyping the entry list?

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
So not only is Mad Media good at hyping an event, they are also good at hyping the entry list?
And clogging up your email.

EasyE

RDC Crypto

Mike
I thought entries had to be paid by now. If a racer is on the list they had to have paid something so they DID sign up, how's it bogus?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
There are trucks on the list today that I talked to that have already got refunded long ago.

I think they took the list from earlier in the year and did not update it. Not a big deal. Just tough to know if there are many racing. With Baja and Rage many are not racing the Mint this year.

You are right. To be in the list they had to have entered at some point. My point is the people on the list are not all racing and have got refunds. Matt did say they are updating it and will have a new list tomorrow. So we will see. Just seems like it would have been updated before now.

Typical for me to get in a pissing match for pointing out reality and calling people out on stuff. Lots of people get mad at me for telling the truth. Maybe people should get mad at the truth, not the guy posting it.

Mike

Last edited:

EasyE

RDC Crypto
No one is is getting mad, at least not me. I come to RDC for the entertainment not to get mad or fight. You aren’t posting the truth though but your opinion. The list isn’t bogus, just not updated. A few guys falling off was probably expected considering the way early registration was encouraged/promoted and easy refund policy was set up.
Ex: RECORD let’s you sign up up without paying a dime and then the list is updated in real-time for all to see “entries”. Usually a 10% no-show for whatever reason. I wouldn’t call the pre-race list bogus.
Seems your having a bad day, put the keyboard down, have a cold one and check back in the morning LOL.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
its better if you tell dood who is boiling mad pissed at facts& truth this; ' dont hate da playa, hayyyte da game', gets em even more ryled

critter81

RDC Crypto
Mike,
the problem with pump gas at elevation and heat at that elevation is quite common in racing, too much fuel goes to the front of the truck and then back to the cell causing the fuel to get hot and boil over I have seen it in bikes, trucks and buggies. When the Suzuki 450 went to elevation at some of the MX races the fuel boiled over, elevation and heat = bad...

Street cars are different and comparing the way a corvette is driven, stores it's fuel in the tank and the return lines etc and a truck or buggy and the return lines to a safety fuel cell is just silly.. seriously come on man lol. I was referring to pump gas in a racing application not a street car.

Altitude and heat are why they make fuel with a heavy specific gravity and an added oxygen content is why they make AV gas LOL but again you would know that. Go ahead and fly your plane with pump gas...

Pump gas can change by the time of year at many places, summer blend vs winter blend. It will also vary from brand to brand and the amount of ethanol in it will change too.

I was referring to the race organization being able to test fuel at the end of the race and to make sure that the test is accurate.

I was also referring to making sure that everyone with an LS could have a safe map and fuel for Primm and for the higher elevation seen at V2R.

So you if you are always buying gas at the same station and bringing it to the race then race fuel should be no problem. You are already carrying your gas to the race. So your argument about having to bring gas to the race is not accurate or you just stop on the side of the road and get some along the way? I am confused?

Several race organizations require a spec fuel this helps level the playing field, As a race organization there are 3 things you can control from the outside of a motor to help level the HP playing field.
1) Type of fuel
2) Amount of fuel
3) Amount of air

The more of those that are controlled by the organization the less wiggle room there is inside the motor. Just ask the guys that turn left ALL DAY LONG.

They run a spec fuel and at times spec amount of air...IE plate racing...

There are several ways to control those three things. The better job they do at controlling those things the better. That way if you want to change your cams, put in bigger pistons etc, none of that will matter much if you have the same type of fuel, amount of fuel and amount of air.

If you have a spec motor, spec fuel and control either the amount of fuel going to the engine, or the amount of air going to the engine or both, it's about as locked down and even from team to team as you are going to get. again ask the guys that turn left

I never said running a spec fuel would solve all the problems, but would be a step in the right direction, couple that with the same tune for the LS motors and you would be really close. So if you do not want to run the same tune for all LS motors or go with a spec fuel or a restrictor plate, than how do you want to do this? What your plan?

All I keep hearing from guys is changing would be hard and half the guys at the front are cheating.. I don't think the cheating with motors is rampant you would see it in the MPH. I mean you could always install data acquisition on everyone's truck and compare the data...I bet you 1 million bucks the guys in the front are wide open throttle more often and carry more corner speed than the guys in the back of the pack. I would put money on the fact that if you compare Grabowski's data to my data he is out driving the poop out of me ALL THE TIME AT EVERY PLACE on the course.

How about I toss another grenade into the discussion....LOL how about spec gear ratios in the trans, under drives, and rear ends? That would be fun to watch....LOL

Look policing a spec motor class is tough... There really are only a couple of ways to do it...control the suck, bang and blow....

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
They need to go back to the basics of the this 6100 Spec class.
Spec Motor
37 tires
Factory ECU ( LOCK the ECU ) the motor runs Great within. Mine ran perfect!!! NO Motec's or Life Systems!!!
(Pump Gas's)
This class was designed to save races some money, it's completely out of Line now, Teams replacing motors after every race or every 900 miles. Go Race TT. This was not the intent of the class.

I hate to say it BUT there should be a separate class FOR
40 tires
Underdrives
525's
This group cam have there Motecs and life systems
Buy aftermarket computers
Run Race gas's.

I know others who are also thinking of leaving the class due to many of the current issues.

Time to get it together.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Critter80

So many issues with your post. Not worth going over them all. Do you race a spec class?

If so I will send you a locked tune to run. Let’s see how it works with your MAF.

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Call BITD and offer your solution of spec fuel. I am sure they will love it and think it’s brilliant.

Mike

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Mike,
the problem with pump gas at elevation and heat at that elevation is quite common in racing, too much fuel goes to the front of the truck and then back to the cell causing the fuel to get hot and boil over I have seen it in bikes, trucks and buggies. When the Suzuki 450 went to elevation at some of the MX races the fuel boiled over, elevation and heat = bad...

Street cars are different and comparing the way a corvette is driven, stores it's fuel in the tank and the return lines etc and a truck or buggy and the return lines to a safety fuel cell is just silly.. seriously come on man lol. I was referring to pump gas in a racing application not a street car.

Altitude and heat are why they make fuel with a heavy specific gravity and an added oxygen content is why they make AV gas LOL but again you would know that. Go ahead and fly your plane with pump gas...

Pump gas can change by the time of year at many places, summer blend vs winter blend. It will also vary from brand to brand and the amount of ethanol in it will change too.

I was referring to the race organization being able to test fuel at the end of the race and to make sure that the test is accurate.

I was also referring to making sure that everyone with an LS could have a safe map and fuel for Primm and for the higher elevation seen at V2R.

So you if you are always buying gas at the same station and bringing it to the race then race fuel should be no problem. You are already carrying your gas to the race. So your argument about having to bring gas to the race is not accurate or you just stop on the side of the road and get some along the way? I am confused?

Several race organizations require a spec fuel this helps level the playing field, As a race organization there are 3 things you can control from the outside of a motor to help level the HP playing field.
1) Type of fuel
2) Amount of fuel
3) Amount of air

The more of those that are controlled by the organization the less wiggle room there is inside the motor. Just ask the guys that turn left ALL DAY LONG.

They run a spec fuel and at times spec amount of air...IE plate racing...

There are several ways to control those three things. The better job they do at controlling those things the better. That way if you want to change your cams, put in bigger pistons etc, none of that will matter much if you have the same type of fuel, amount of fuel and amount of air.

If you have a spec motor, spec fuel and control either the amount of fuel going to the engine, or the amount of air going to the engine or both, it's about as locked down and even from team to team as you are going to get. again ask the guys that turn left

I never said running a spec fuel would solve all the problems, but would be a step in the right direction, couple that with the same tune for the LS motors and you would be really close. So if you do not want to run the same tune for all LS motors or go with a spec fuel or a restrictor plate, than how do you want to do this? What your plan?

All I keep hearing from guys is changing would be hard and half the guys at the front are cheating.. I don't think the cheating with motors is rampant you would see it in the MPH. I mean you could always install data acquisition on everyone's truck and compare the data...I bet you 1 million bucks the guys in the front are wide open throttle more often and carry more corner speed than the guys in the back of the pack. I would put money on the fact that if you compare Grabowski's data to my data he is out driving the poop out of me ALL THE TIME AT EVERY PLACE on the course.

How about I toss another grenade into the discussion....LOL how about spec gear ratios in the trans, under drives, and rear ends? That would be fun to watch....LOL

Look policing a spec motor class is tough... There really are only a couple of ways to do it...control the suck, bang and blow....
They need to go back to the basics of the this 6100 Spec class.
Spec Motor
37 tires
Factory ECU ( LOCK the ECU ) the motor runs Great within. Mine ran perfect!!! NO Motec's or Life Systems!!!
(Pump Gas's)
This class was designed to save races some money, it's completely out of Line now, Teams replacing motors after every race or every 900 miles. Go Race TT. This was not the intent of the class.

I hate to say it BUT there should be a separate class FOR
40 tires
Underdrives
525's
This group cam have there Motecs and life systems
Buy aftermarket computers
Run Race gas's.

I know others who are also thinking of leaving the class due to many of the current issues.

Time to get it together.
We all know getting any group of racers in Offroad racing to adhere to anything is like herding cats. That being said, if what you two are considering with the class of loading the “factory tune” in every truck that cannot be changed, how are you going to get every different chassis builder out there to change their chassis to accept a duplicated “factory” intake tube, intake tube layout, air filter assembly, and MAF sensor placement?

critter81

RDC Crypto
We all know getting any group of racers in Offroad racing to adhere to anything is like herding cats. That being said, if what you two are considering with the class of loading the “factory tune” in every truck that cannot be changed, how are you going to get every different chassis builder out there to change their chassis to accept a duplicated “factory” intake tube, intake tube layout, air filter assembly, and MAF sensor placement?
I never said the factory tune and the only reason I am saying a spec fuel is you can add all kinds of stuff to pump gas...

Volkspower Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
facebook.com
Bro,

Thats exactly what Travis is trying to do with the 6100 Championship series. But he got caught up in trying to change the rules to allow engine rebuilds. He may have realized its way harder than he thought to manage this group. LOL it's impossible to make everyone happy.

Mike
Yes that is exactly what Travis is trying to do with the 6100 series, sorry we have just been very busy but will have stuff back going soon.
And We at NOT trying to change the engine rules, we are just seeing if all series will be using the same engine rules so we can plan for next year, but I know that no matter what the 5 races we do the side bet class will just go off of what ever rules the series is going by.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
exactly how Much hp can the spec eng gain/ realize with a 'magik' fuel& tune,( over pump gas and an oem factory tune) but still a leagal.sealed engine?

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Dam..... I thought the utv class was a mess!!! And i do agree with mike as far as the number of racers entered , new trucks every event and compitition the 6100 in bitd is basically the premier class. 6100 is taking racers away from class 1, class 10 and tt. Ppl are stepping up and down to enter 6100 hell one got 3rd overall v2r.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
exactly how Much hp can the spec eng gain/ realize with a 'magik' fuel& tune,( over pump gas and an oem factory tune) but still a leagal.sealed engine?
Exactly.... the tt class just had worse times than 6100 so there cheating by 500hp and cant beat a 6100. If 500 hp extra cannot make a difference in lap times what will 50 hp matter. It won't unless your dyno racing. Now a truck set up right and geared correctly ect. Thst is what makes a big difference in spec racing and all racing.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Jon

Tune and fuel can add a lot of power to a engine at least 50hp but more.

50hp does make a difference in spec. I have passed a few trucks on power alone and we are not at the top of the power food chain like the Herbst trucks. I can’t imagine how easy is it for them to pass a normal truck.

And yes gearing and set up matter. Lots of ways to add power legally. Pretty sure Grawbowksi has the Mason billet 3rd member that puts about 15hp more to the ground. It cost $12k.

Mike