6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Ok guys. Let’s try and keep this thread about Spec trucks. LOL.

Mike

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Chasing Franky from Ojos to Valle de Trinidad next week. US racing sucks, dont waste your money Mike, come down to Baja

Attachments

• img_2_1636740704462.jpg
    img_2_1636740704462.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Jon

Tune and fuel can add a lot of power to a engine at least 50hp but more.

50hp does make a difference in spec. I have passed a few trucks on power alone and we are not at the top of the power food chain like the Herbst trucks. I can’t imagine how easy is it for them to pass a normal truck.

And yes gearing and set up matter. Lots of ways to add power legally. Pretty sure Grawbowksi has the Mason billet 3rd member that puts about 15hp more to the ground. It cost $12k.

Mike
One of the people on my team has a Dyno jet in his shop. He has dynoed 1000 of different motors over the years. Many LS 430. all the LS430 motors have been within 10 hp with the factory tune And ECU. The all came in at 485 to 495 hp with factory set up. Many different intake tube and filter set ups, forward and rear facing Intakes flipped as requested by turn key. I have even heard them say don't mess with the tune, many times to many racers.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
I'm not 100% clear on the rules, but I have video of a TTS removing one of the spare flat tires and putting a new one no less than 2 feet from the road coming out of the goat trail. He's is way outside the podium so I'll keep the truck number to myself for now, but does anyone know if that's considered a pit stop?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Good question.

I would say any work on the truck is a pit. So if they were on the road and re racked that would be in Violation of the rule.

But I have no idea, I just act like I do. Hehe

Mike

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
All but 2 of the finishing trucks got hit with penalties, if it is indeed illegal I do think it would change the top 10 finish order

257458063_4551405281587823_1903180539054295747_n.jpg

Capitol Raceworks

RDC Crypto
has anyone hear any updates from BITD ? Supposedly they were going to have there decision on engine rebuilds and other possible changes in 6100 near the end of the month ?

51rcr

RDC Crypto
Yes I am wound up today. Been talking to Matt Martelli about the Mint and trying to decide with our team if we are racing. Found out the entry list is bogus and filled with guys that are not racing. Also found out Whipple would have to pay a Commercial fee to promote our involvement in the race. Been reaching out to people and getting into discussions that are getting my blood going. So its been one of those days.

Mike
really wow. that sure kills cross promotion. Every race series has stuff where video you capture during event and pictures they have a right to i thought i read on some. which is bizarre to me. $$
Sounds like maybe series and events should lower there entry $ and pay out $ if they want the car count $.
Just race the best races and who want you to show up and give you best return on investment. Which can be affordable, fun, exposure, best course, appreciative ect.

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
really wow. that sure kills cross promotion. Every race series has stuff where video you capture during event and pictures they have a right to i thought i read on some. which is bizarre to me. $$
Sounds like maybe series and events should lower there entry $ and pay out $ if they want the car count $.
Just race the best races and who want you to show up and give you best return on investment. Which can be affordable, fun, exposure, best course, appreciative ect.
I feel every Race series should post (And Update regularly) there entry list as the event nears. As racers we are interested in who else is participating in our class and the event, even spectators have a high interest. HOWEVER, posting entries who have not sighed up for a event is just plain wrong! A fellow racer called the Mint 400 office, November 22 and was told the entry list would be updated on the following day. (Not Yet) We are even more interested after reading your comments about the list. We felt with the Baja 1000 so close and Rage at the river right around the corner with a guareanteed purse of $100,000.00 there's would be very low this year!

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Or figure out a way to get all the top guys to race SNORE. currently SNORE has a great series but does not bring the top racers.
Are you tired of winning all of the SNORE races all the time??

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
That comment was not related to us. That was a general statement that’s true. Snore does not pull the fastest guys. Winning a SNORE championship is not as difficult as a BITD or SCORE.

Sorry but I think that’s a fact. Not sure why me making that point reflects on our races or finishes.

We have considered just racing SNORE or MORE often for the reason that’s it’s less competitive and more our competitive level. But we keep sticking to the larger more competitive races. Not saying that’s the right call but it’s what we have decided.

I never said we could and would easily win all Snore races. Again that comment was not about us.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Getting the experience racing snore is worth the effort. 8 already ar rage in 6100 there events are far less stressful and they do a good job. And a bonus is no George to deal with on the non existent podium! Finish get a cheap bottle of water and off to your trailer! Winner or looser no different......

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Not saying SNORE is not great and lots of fun. Was just saying they don’t pull the fastest guys, which is true. They didn’t get many votes from the 6100 group.

We have raced the last 3 rage at the rivers, we love that race and if our truck is in good shape after the Mint we will race it again.

Not slamming SNORE.

Mike

51rcr

RDC Crypto
I feel every Race series should post (And Update regularly) there entry list as the event nears. As racers we are interested in who else is participating in our class and the event, even spectators have a high interest. HOWEVER, posting entries who have not sighed up for a event is just plain wrong! A fellow racer called the Mint 400 office, November 22 and was told the entry list would be updated on the following day. (Not Yet) We are even more interested after reading your comments about the list. We felt with the Baja 1000 so close and Rage at the river right around the corner with a guareanteed purse of $100,000.00 there's would be very low this year!
i think you ment to reply to pyle. but yes people in all sports show up to see there favorite if there on the list

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Do most guys get a whole season out of an engine?

Prepping a spec truck between races seems like it would be a little more straightforward in comparison to a transaxle, anyone have an estimate on price difference between Class 10 and Spec?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I think a spec engine is good for 3000 miles. That’s if you are not trying get every single extra HP out of it. I have heard JL new LS3 tune shortens the life to under 1000 miles. (Total rumor, no direct knowledge)

We scope ours and do compression and we had a LS3 look really good after 3000 miles. In fact that engine went into a Norra blazer and has gone another 2k miles.

3rd member maybe 1500 before freshen $1000
We freshen our UD after every race $350
Trans needs to be gone thru every 1000 miles or so. $1600
Torque converter every 1000 miles $500
Drive line fresh every race $300
Bearings and seals for us go at least 2k miles. $1000

Our heim and uni-ball package cost about $1500 and can go about 2000 miles, maybe more.

That’s our drivetrain prep schedule.

Mike

Last edited:

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
I think a spec engine is good for 3000 miles. That’s if you are not trying get every single extra HP out of it. I have heard JL new LS3 tune shortens the life to under 1000 miles. (Total rumor, no direct knowledge)

We scope ours and do compression and we had a LS3 look really good after 3000 miles. In fact that engine went into a Norra blazer and has gone another 2k miles.

3rd member maybe 1500 before freshen
We freshen our UD after every race
Trans needs to be gone thru every 1000 miles or so.
Torque converter every 1000 miles
Drive line fresh every race
Bearings and seals for us go at least 2k miles.

That’s our drivetrain prep schedule.

Mike

We've kicked around the idea of a spec truck but have heard that the prep bills are double that of a Class 10, some say they are similar, some say they are less because you can work on them personally and cut out a lot of the cost.