6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
I can hear Pyle screeching in Utah right now...................
Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends
Did you say Pete or Pyle, Doesn't matter they are both 4 letter words! I miss Pete, he would say things I was thinking just to stir the pot.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Haha

We didn’t make the change to LT1 because the LS3 were going away. It helped make the decision easier but we when with the LT1 because we thought it was the 535hp version which is way under rated and would have been beast. But after we bought it and made all the changes we found out it was the 460hp version. LOL

LS3 will go away but who knows how seen. GM
Announced last year they are going EOL on LS.

Mike

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Maybe class 10 is cheaper, but had friends say that class 1 versus spec is a no brainer. They race MORE and say the wear and tear on a 1 car compared to a spec truck on rough courses is much higher, plus trans costs are way higher on a transaxle. Maybe that's a horsepower thing, but they are probably switching to spec due to race to race costs.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Maybe class 10 is cheaper, but had friends say that class 1 versus spec is a no brainer. They race MORE and say the wear and tear on a 1 car compared to a spec truck on rough courses is much higher, plus trans costs are way higher on a transaxle. Maybe that's a horsepower thing, but they are probably switching to spec due to race to race costs.
For sure cheaper than class 1 you might as well get a tt and why class 1 is dead.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
That is basically what they are running, non-hot rod motor, but they said the prep cost would be even higher if they ran a motor that could actually kill a transaxle. They've done the math. If it were courses like BITD runs, it would be different, but they race close to home.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
What about 6200? Think there is any life in that class? Less power, so potentially longer trans life.
Talking to the alumicraft the 6200 with albins gets 3 full races on a trans without service. Oil only and check CV grease. So its prep 4 corners and go. After the trans was removed it needed nothing but bearings and seals.Converter saves trans as a 10 car destroys gears because its clutch only. A old 1 car conversion is also not the same as its heavy and technology has changed on everything. 6200 will grow I know of 3 getting built right now. 😉

Reece Pettersen

RDC Crypto
Talking to the alumicraft the 6200 with albins gets 3 full races on a trans without service. Oil only and check CV grease. So its prep 4 corners and go. After the trans was removed it needed nothing but bearings and seals.Converter saves trans as a 10 car destroys gears because its clutch only. A old 1 car conversion is also not the same as its heavy and technology has changed on everything. 6200 will grow I know of 3 getting built right now. 😉

🥰