6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

critter81

RDC Crypto
The only shortage of LS3 reportings I have read are on RD 6100 Forum. Turn Key should know from GM.
There is a shortage of cranks for the LS platform, Turnkey has them in stock so there is no shortage for them, but they are on back order from GM. They are catching up but it will take time. My dealer usually stocks them, but they are a few months out right now.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The LT1 BITD is allowing us only 460 hp and the LS3 is a 525 . Am I missing something here ? Seems like they should be closer in power than that

The LT1 makes more torque than the LS3. Less HP but more TQ. I think we are putting down 10-15hp less HP than LS3 trucks but more TQ.

The 535hp LT1 would have been way more power than the LS3 525hp

Edit- I don’t know for certain what LS3’s are putting down. That’s a guess based on what I hear. I have heard anywhere from 360-400hp on LS3 525 with spec trucks. I think the average is around 375-380hp.

When we first put our LT1 in we were only getting 350hp to the ground. Took a lot of work to get where we are and closer to the LS3 on HP.

Mike

Last edited:

Capitol Raceworks

RDC Crypto
The LT1 BITD is allowing us only 460 hp and the LS3 is a 525 . Am I missing something here ? Seems like th
The LT1 makes more torque than the LS3. Less HP but more TQ. I think we are putting down 10-15hp less HP than LS3 trucks but more TQ.

The 535hp LT1 would have been way more power than the LS3 525hp

Mike
Thank you for that info mike. I thought for some reason they allowed you a cam swap.

So yours is the 460hp version and your hp/tq comparison is against the 525 LS correct ?

With the high pressure injectors I’d imagine you need a entire different fuel system than the lower fuel psi LS platform? Can you share what it takes for the LT1 ?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Pretty sure the LT1 puts down more TQ than the LS3

The LT1 runs 75psi and no return. So it’s a pretty simple set up. Haha I say it’s simple but we made some mistakes on our set up. The high pressure fuel pump is built into the engine.

Mike

Last edited:

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I just put my deposit down today with Weddle for a 6 speed. We will see how long it takes! I really hope it is closer to 6 months and not a year.
I know they require a larger deposit it and I think Ron said that they hope that they can get them done faster with a little more money on hand

Steve_Sourapas

RDC Crypto
Website
stevesourapas.com
I just put my deposit down today with Weddle for a 6 speed. We will see how long it takes! I really hope it is closer to 6 months and not a year.
The boys from Weddle seems like a quality group. I ordered my transmission 8 months ago and still a no show. With over the water freight going thru the roof who knows what it will cost when I get it. Not blaming the folks at Weddle as I don't think there is anything they can do to speed it up.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The boys from Weddle seems like a quality group. I ordered my transmission 8 months ago and still a no show. With over the water freight going thru the roof who knows what it will cost when I get it. Not blaming the folks at Weddle as I don't think there is anything they can do to speed it up.
I think we are basically screwed on timelines. Especially anything made in Australia not only do they shut down the entire Holliday season the government tells them to shut down. What a mess......

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I would be shocked if BITD changed the rules to allow rebuilds or other engine suppliers. That would just make more work for them.

Mike

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
I would be shocked if BITD changed the rules to allow rebuilds or other engine suppliers. That would just make more work for them.

Mike
hey , i think i saw your tork converter in the L.A. area next to all those looted railroad cars, fed ex& other carriers truck trailors on trains are getting looted left& right, L.A. sheriff was shown video& he said 'w0w i didnt know its this bad'😁

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Haha it’s a war zone in Cali.

We finally got our stuff. After I had to buy another Torque converter. And made us super late. Been scrambling and just finished the parade at the Mint. Ready for a beer.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
hey , i think i saw your tork converter in the L.A. area next to all those looted railroad cars, fed ex& other carriers truck trailors on trains are getting looted left& right, L.A. sheriff was shown video& he said 'w0w i didnt know its this bad'😁
Great place that California!🤣