6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Mike there would of been no mistake of leaving it off in the first place. Get it done professionally . What would you say to someone doing there own video stereo equipment and blowing up all there amps . Would you not say hey buddy this is what we do and I'll get it dialed in just sit back and relax.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
OK you guys are right. All you posting on the spec truck thread can take your spec trucks to Danzio. I think its a great option and have suggested it many times to many people.

The guys that keep giving me crap and telling me how to run my own spec truck team that do not have a spec truck can take a hike.

I just share my experience so others can learn from my mistakes. I am not asking for help. You are not helping. All you guys are doing is making me regret sharing on here.

I would love to see Danzio post about all the stuff that goes wrong. They would never do that because they are not as dumb as I am and they know it just gives trolls stuff to feed on.

Mike

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
I look at it a bit different. This Engine did not cost Mike that much compared to the other 6100 that blew TWO LS Engines in one weekend or the cost of the motor that Bryce and Andy blew at the 1000. I bet Mike could buy 6 engines for the cost of that bad boy.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I think most of us are just wanting you to start racing and not replacing motors. Honestly the ones wanting you to keep going just want the saga to continue so they have something to read about. Getting better at racing requires the truck to run the entire race. Your shooting yourself in the foot mike!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Thanks Scott. We are thinking about it.

Keith, I am absolutely shooting myseldf in the foot. I admitted I caused the engine to blow up. Why would you want to keep digging into me after I admitted we screwed up? Grow up.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Thanks Scott. We are thinking about it.

Keith, I am absolutely shooting myseldf in the foot. I admitted I caused the engine to blow up. Why would you want to keep digging into me after I admitted we screwed up? Grow up.

Mike
Not digging mike telling you to go get it done professionally is not knocking what you have done so far. There has to be a point you say man I'll let someone that does this for a living on trucks that run in the desert and see the loads that they do and has the knowledge to tune one safely to make it last. Then don't touch it. Prep the truck and race it. Get a podium! If you think I'm bagging on you your wrong. I build little golf cart motors but would never tune my race car I'll let a pro do that and have never popped one Danzio motor since I went to them. Just a thought mike.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
this is the last comment to you Keith on this topic.

I could have a Danzio engine from day one and still could have the same problems. I just explained earlier why this was not a problem that using Danzio would have fixed. Put the wrong fuel in a Danzio engine and it blows up.

And Duh of course I could get it professionally prepped. I could also go buy a brand new Herbst and have them prep it. But I cant afford that so I do what I can. I can blow up an engine every race and still be cheaper than what a Herbst prep cost. Hell I could blow up a couple every race. There are guys paying $35-50K per prep on 6100. How many Engines does that buy me? Trust me I am still racing our truck for less than the other teams even after I go thru engines. I cant afford or justify spending $50K on a prep of a $500K truck.

You don't know everything and don't have the answers for everthing. According to you I should just pay a ton of money so I dont waste money. Its not easy trying to race yourself with a budget, but thats what we got.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
this is the last comment to you Keith on this topic.

I could have a Danzio engine from day one and still could have the same problems. I just explained earlier why this was not a problem that using Danzio would have fixed. Put the wrong fuel in a Danzio engine and it blows up.

And Duh of course I could get it professionally prepped. I could also go buy a brand new Herbst and have them prep it. But I cant afford that so I do what I can. I can blow up an engine every race and still be cheaper than what a Herbst prep cost. Hell I could blow up a couple every race. There are guys paying $35-50K per prep on 6100. How many Engines does that buy me? Trust me I am still racing our truck for less than the other teams even after I go thru engines. I cant afford or justify spending $50K on a prep of a $500K truck.

You don't know everything and don't have the answers for everthing. According to you I should just pay a ton of money so I dont waste money. Its not easy trying to race yourself with a budget, but thats what we got.

Mike
Lol ok buddy just keep going in the current direction. Your budget is getting blown with motors instead of getting the truck right. Do whatever mike you have a attitude you think your right so carry on I'll just watch. Good luck!

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
sooo , you guys where that fast with a funky running engine, & bad fuel mileage, that to me means your gonna be right there on the podium when all the stars& planets align in the racing cosmos👍

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Jon,

We were doing well but too be honest there wasn't many fast guys at the Mint. We should have been in the top 5 and would have been. Trying to decide if we race the Legacy race before KOH or just focus on getting ready for KOH. I know there will be a bunch of fast guys at KOH and we dont expect to win but we can do our best.

We know we wont beat the super fast guys and when we look at the entry list we take out the guys we know we wont beat. Then we look at who we could beat to find our goals for that race. We just want to race above our last race and beat the guys that beat us last time. If there were 5 fast herbst trucks at a race we just ignore them and start our 1st place at 6th. haha We go over our goals for each race with the boys and set our expectations.

But the Mint was a chance for a podium for sure based on our analysis of the field.

Mike

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
My personal recommendation would be to buy race fuel in the future. In my road racing car, the series had a very similar problem to what you described - fluctuating ethanol levels throughout different times of the year and different locations in the country. Many people melted pistons because they unknowingly ended up with too much ethanol, which resulted in too lean a mixture.

By switching to a race fuel (Sunoco 260 GT, to be specific), the problems went away. Fuel costs more, but way less than blowing motors.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Did 10shot just break up with MTPyle.?
And when can I see a picture of said motor.?
It is becoming some kind of mythical object in my minds eye.

Lance
Being nice and trying to talk sense into him is not working so I'll keep making side bets he keeps blowing motors. More entertaining I guess lol

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i would only pic the races i was gonna have fun at, like Parker, KoH looks like a fun race+ all the extra things going on, thats my main pic,then SF 250, thats the fun baja race

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
or three top level cls 11 rides& race at KoH , thats a winnnner👌edit, or as many as a 6100 costs

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
So funny how when you delete a post it ask you why. My response is mostly the same. Not sure if you even have to put anything in the text box. LOL I seem to delete a lot.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I am going to stick to our truck and keep racing.

Mike