6100, TTspec, T2, Baja Truck only thread

9rocky

RDC Crypto
I talked to the guy this morning it was one of Sourapas old trucks. A little older electronics but sounded like an ok deal with the spare parts.

Attachments

• jon-stewart-daily-show.gif
    jon-stewart-daily-show.gif
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I fixed it for ya...wouldn't want you to get DQed or anything.

No reason to hide it. Nobody is getting a DQ for pre running. That was proven this last SS300. Guys got caught and still got away with it.

I think that rule falls into the we don’t really care but have to act like we care for insurance and BLM reasons.

Lots of rules in off-road that are there for show and nobody really cares. It’s taken us a while to figure out which ones those are. One of the many difficult things about being new to this sport is you assume the rules are legit and you must follow them. Then you find out over time that many are ignored by the veterans.

Perfect example is cutting corners in qualifying. We always thought you had to stay on course, nope. You can do whatever you want and nobody will care. So many videos of guys totally cutting and nothing happened to them. So after awhile you find out that to be competitive you have to ignore the same rules the fast guys are.

Mike

Volkspower Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
facebook.com
I talked to the guy this morning it was one of Sourapas old trucks. A little older electronics but sounded like an ok deal with the spare parts.
Our old Geiser still has switch’s and circuit breakers and goes just fine. Don’t think you need new electronics unless you need to add injectors or something crazy like a 4 speed Underdrive!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Our old Geiser still has switch’s and circuit breakers and goes just fine. Don’t think you need new electronics unless you need to add injectors or something crazy like a 4 speed Underdrive!

I actually think the newer electronics can be a negative. I see a lot of people struggle with complicated electronics on newer trucks. Not much can go wrong with breakers and switches. When we upgraded our truck we kept it simple and just went Solid state breakers and switches but didn't do any automation or fancy stuff. I am glad we kept it simple as many times we could do things that would have been impossible with automated advanced systems.

The crazy thing about these trucks is the age of the truck should have very little to do with its value. Some older truck that been well prepped and taken care of is worth more than a 2 year old truck thats been ran hard and put away wet. Our truck can swing value by $50k at any given time based on how fresh everything is. "Fresh prep" and "ready to race" means very different things to different people. LOL

Mike

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I actually think the newer electronics can be a negative. I see a lot of people struggle with complicated electronics on newer trucks. Not much can go wrong with breakers and switches. When we upgraded our truck we kept it simple and just went Solid state breakers and switches but didn't do any automation or fancy stuff. I am glad we kept it simple as many times we could do things that would have been impossible with automated advanced systems.

The crazy thing about these trucks is the age of the truck should have very little to do with its value. Some older truck that been well prepped and taken care of is worth more than a 2 year old truck thats been ran hard and put away wet. Our truck can swing value by $50k at any given time based on how fresh everything is. "Fresh prep" and "ready to race" means very different things to different people. LOL

Mike

I totally agree with that. Prepped means something different to most people. My joke is every off road car that I have bought was "just prepped"!

johnnyweb

RDC Crypto
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
Yep state of the art electronics are not for everyone. There is some cool poop you can do with them. Potential race winning.

43mod

RDC Crypto
I guess everything is relative. And there’s always somebody looking up wishing they could do the things another person has done. Pretty cool to be able to drop a chunk of cash like that. Congratulations.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Both of the Beermans Mason's 6100s were hotrods, one was class champ for at least one season. The other was only around for a hot minute

9rocky

RDC Crypto
What is your plans for it the truck and your team?
We are going to run the truck at a few races in the US over the next couple of years. We want to feel a truck out and learn how to race one.

Our primary focus will still be the class 1 in SCORE races. If we like the truck and become proficient with it, we may jump up to TT after a couple of years. That is the plan for now.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Electronics can be an issue. That’s why the US Navy Blue Angels fly old F-18’s. The new ones will not allow them to fly certain patterns in a show. The new aircraft (electronics) will not allow the plane to be pitched nose up and fly as slow as they do.

Electronics can hinder at times.

dzrt performance

RDC Crypto
Electronics can be an issue. That’s why the US Navy Blue Angels fly old F-18’s. The new ones will not allow them to fly certain patterns in a show. The new aircraft (electronics) will not allow the plane to be pitched nose up and fly as slow as they do.

Electronics can hinder at times.
this is ludicrous.

first of all....you dont need a state-of-the-art jet with the radars and avionics for a "show" aircraft.

they take the OLDEST jets from the fleet, strip them down, and use them as their show birds....it simply a matter of $$$.

whatever safety systems are built into the software in the jet can be deactivated. it is my understanding they have software "modes" that allow the jet to bypass safety features for exhibition flights and all sorts of other things.