6100 vs 6200

43mod

Reaction
Mike I cant believe you did not know you have the OG 6100 . What a worn out POS you bought 😊. I think you were too dumb to know it but clearly a damned smart guy to make it what it is now . I turned it down even w a really good brother in law price , think used up class one less eng and trans price 🙃. Kudos to ya .

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha, I knew it was the OG 6100. I just did not know it raced itself for years. I guess that makes sense that 6200 is taking the same amount of time. You should have bought it and then maybe I would have a life.

I thought when BITD made 6100 the rules allowed other manufactures. Its actually a really good truck design. It just needed some love and lots of money.

We didn't know what we didn't know so it was great to have an expert driver drive our truck recently and give us feedback. So now we know we have a good handling truck that can be in the top 5 if we learn to push ourselves without going over the edge.

Really a big testament to what Greg Foutz did with this design. Now that we have top dollar stuff in it I think we can get some results. Just had to throw a lot of time and money its way. Hehe. Going back over old race footage the truck has always handled well and has always been super tough, it just had cheaper parts in it. When we got it there was a stock TH400, literally stock LOL

Can't wait to see 6200 grow.

Mike

SMS81

Reaction
5030EB5F-0216-4A4B-BCC7-623E7AF99CF9.jpeg
71EE09F6-3A39-4A10-8865-CEA63CFA85E9.jpeg

Not a lot of difference between the two front ends!

Tim_Weston

Reaction
6200 is a great class and Nick is killing it in his new car I always felt he was at a disadvantage in his ten car style 6200 but now he has a ls powered full size car he has proved how fast he can be. I have raced both 6200 and 6100 and mr MTPyle I did drive under him at the Laughlin Bitd race we started behind all the 6100 and Nick started in front of me and I was on a mission to catch him. I believe at the time there were only 2 of us that were racing ls3 powered cars on 37” tires. As the class grows it shows that’s the way to go. As for my opinion hands down the truck is the vehicle of choice they go through the bumps the best they are fast and the class entries are huge and the trucks are just easy to drive. The buggy talk about a adrenaline rush you have to wheel the car the whole time you are racing. Our car would out accelerate any 6100 from a stand still it weighed 3800 pounds and had two extra gears and also put more hp to the wheel through the Fortin vs a th400 but in the big holes it just can’t hang and during a race you don’t see top speeds much more then 10 percent of a race anyways. Our car was easily 15 mph faster on the top end then the 6100 we had. Both vehicle great race cars with about a 120k price difference used. Hopefully the 6200 class grows in the next few years to become a great class like 6100. In 6200 you get way more bang for your buck and after the results from Parker Nick proved 6200 can hang in a mildly rough race.

Attachments

• 0C99B066-2D1F-4161-9C6F-AA1FC81BD914.jpeg
    0C99B066-2D1F-4161-9C6F-AA1FC81BD914.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 2EE6C127-902A-48BE-8171-E533528F3351.jpeg
    2EE6C127-902A-48BE-8171-E533528F3351.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112

E.Hagle

Reaction
how much difference in prep 6100-6200?, lets say a Must prep. vs a change every zip tie prep
We prep a class 10 car and we’ve heard estimates of double the cost for a 6100. I assume our class 10 is close to the same amount as the 6200 even with the driveline being a bit different.

Robin Hood

Reaction
We prep a class 10 car and we’ve heard estimates of double the cost for a 6100. I assume our class 10 is close to the same amount as the 6200 even with the driveline being a bit different.
It cost a lot more to run a LS IRS race car than a eco tech IRS race car.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
i want somthing cheeep, ( relatively) i can beat up, scare myself, and not have to prep, and still finish mid pack in a 20 plus car field, and .....( asking too much eeeh ??)

Robin Hood

Reaction
Going to disagree, I have both, the torque converter really helps out, it is more but not substantially. It’s not double.
A lot more doesn't mean double...so basically you agree with me;)

Speed cost money, so if you are going faster, which presumably you should be, then the prep is going to cost more on a LS, IRS car then an eco tech IRS car

Tim_Weston

Reaction
A lot more doesn't mean double...so basically you agree with me;)

Speed cost money, so if you are going faster, which presumably you should be, then the prep is going to cost more on a LS, IRS car then an eco tech IRS car
Zac if the opportunity comes up again to race the car and I need another driver you will be on the list but as far as prep goes parts just last much longer on the buggy compared to the truck a solid ls motor that you don’t over heat should last you a season or two the trans with the converter we would go two to three races before sending it out compared to our ten car that we sent the trans out every race and new clutch our car has run the same cv and axels since day one ps components cost more to prep over a 10 car but last multiple races before being prepped. Tires cost more for sure compared to a ten car but def cheaper then the 40s trucks run but race gas is race gas so that’s marginal the buggy gets a little better fuel mileage then the trucks but worse then a 10 car and the rest Rod ends and uniballs wear out less then the trucks but cost more then the ten car being they are all bigger. I agree the faster you go the more money it cost but the 6200 in my opinion is a good budget unlimited class it doesn’t have the big car count like 6100 so people are not spending crazy money if the class ever grows like 6100 it will get a lot more expensive to race

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
6200 is a great class and Nick is killing it in his new car I always felt he was at a disadvantage in his ten car style 6200 but now he has a ls powered full size car he has proved how fast he can be. I have raced both 6200 and 6100 and mr MTPyle I did drive under him at the Laughlin Bitd race we started behind all the 6100 and Nick started in front of me and I was on a mission to catch him. I believe at the time there were only 2 of us that were racing ls3 powered cars on 37” tires. As the class grows it shows that’s the way to go. As for my opinion hands down the truck is the vehicle of choice they go through the bumps the best they are fast and the class entries are huge and the trucks are just easy to drive. The buggy talk about a adrenaline rush you have to wheel the car the whole time you are racing. Our car would out accelerate any 6100 from a stand still it weighed 3800 pounds and had two extra gears and also put more hp to the wheel through the Fortin vs a th400 but in the big holes it just can’t hang and during a race you don’t see top speeds much more then 10 percent of a race anyways. Our car was easily 15 mph faster on the top end then the 6100 we had. Both vehicle great race cars with about a 120k price difference used. Hopefully the 6200 class grows in the next few years to become a great class like 6100. In 6200 you get way more bang for your buck and after the results from Parker Nick proved 6200 can hang in a mildly rough race.
Thank you for the kind words tim. I still think of when you guys first showed up in that ES car thinking it was so HUGEE! Cant wait till you guys come out to play again.