• Forum membership has its advantages....

6100 vs. Spec TT engines

Samco Fab

I noticed today that SCORE is calling for a Tagged 525HP engine for Spec TT, and a 77" max track width.....Typo? Any trans rules?

Turn Key says that there is a different tag for SCORE than there is for BITD.

If GM's 440 HP motor actually makes 480HP, what is the real power of the 525?

Personally, I would feel that it is in everybody's best interest to keep the same engines in both series. Getting a fair, reliable Ford engine is important as well. And is the Toyota engine legal now too?

It would be great to more easily be able to pick and choose races without having multiple engines. Is Score trying to make an ultimatum to choose one or the other series, or just catering to one or two guys without thinking it through?

What is the RDC consensus on this situation? It reminds me of Class 10 engine rule issues.....a mess.

CRAIG_HALL

lot of questions with no confirmation on rules... Where you hear or read this?

Slippery P

Yes Score tags are white BITD red, the engine safely makes right around 525, the Stock ECU prohibits proper tuning throughout the RPM range. The only difference in both engines is the camshaft.
Cannot help you with the track width question.

CRAIG_HALL

why the 77" "track width" rule? are there any other classes that use "track width" and not overall width?

Why would SCORE limit the width if they allow 39" tires and more HP ? The 77" is about 90" wide wide overall, what's another 1-2" ? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Samco Fab

why the 77" "track width" rule? are there any other classes that use "track width" and not overall width?

Why would SCORE limit the width if they allow 39" tires and more HP ? The 77" is about 90" wide wide overall, what's another 1-2" ? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Or if say you had a truck that was 78" wheel mount surface, and had more back spacing (our truck).

Would this keep people from converting full size Trophy Truck chassis to Spec TT? I wonder if that screws Pete in his 3 seat Geiser chassis? Why not let guys get experience in Spec TT before stepping up the truck with a full tilt powerplant?

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Or if say you had a truck that was 78" wheel mount surface, and had more back spacing (our truck).

Would this keep people from converting full size Trophy Truck chassis to Spec TT? I wonder if that screws Pete in his 3 seat Geiser chassis? Why not let guys get experience in Spec TT before stepping up the truck with a full tilt powerplant?
You mean 88"? I havent read the rules but I thought that width rules were thrown out the window?? There are for sure trucks running Spec TT that are over 90" with 39"s

Samco Fab

You mean 88"? I havent read the rules but I thought that width rules were thrown out the window?? There are for sure trucks running Spec TT that are over 90" with 39"s
No , I mean 78" on our truck. The SCORE website says " 77" max trackwidth", and I am speculating that they might mean wheel mount surface. It makes little sense, so we might as well complain about it on RDC

Forty1Racing

Track width might be wheel mount surface as stated above or maybe to center of tire? confusing either way.

J Burleson

Track width is center of tire to center of tire. Seems silly to have a width rule in this class. IMO the advantage of being wider than the next guy would be balanced by the added weight associated with going wider. If someone is going to build a truck at 90.5(77" track with a zero offset wheel and 13.5 tire for sake of argument) why not just have it open so if someone with a tt at 92" wants to step down they can? And sure they won't be competitive most likely in a tt chassis in 6100, but... And when are they checking width anyway? Id just back it into tech and stab the brakes so she droops out a bit if I knew I was too wide lol

GROVERACING

I would have liked to see a reliable Ford option but the Eco boost is the only option now. Not sold on it against LS3. I would like to know if it is out of the realm of possibility that a "score legal" motor could have a red BITD tag by mistake? I know most BITD 6100 guys would prefer to use the 525 version of the LS. Right Zaiden?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

AZ7000'

Pretty sure this board will light up after people get back from NORRA

Jerry Zaiden

I would have liked to see a reliable Ford option but the Eco boost is the only option now. Not sold on it against LS3. I would like to know if it is out of the realm of possibility that a "score legal" motor could have a red BITD tag by mistake? I know most BITD 6100 guys would prefer to use the 525 version of the LS. Right Zaiden?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
In the very beginning I talked with Cliff at Ford and showed him both good options to have a Chevy and a Ford.

Chevy CT525
Ford M-6007-S374W

Both these engines are the ASA race engines and race against each other just about every weekend.

His exact words were "I don't care about Chevy". So he picked the better Ford engine over the stock LS3 engine we were left with. Looks like it backfired against him as the Ford engines have NEVER been competitive.

Now we have a solid class with close to 40 entries in BITD. I say leave it exactly like it is in BITD. The stock LS3 engines are great and the class is growing. I have recommended to Casey that BITD calls the engine a sealed "BITD Spec V8" and we all run LS3 engines. Ford can pay contingency to people running Ford bodies and others can pay contingency if you run their body etc.

I think SCORE should follow the BITD rules word for word. I think there is too much pride over there for them to do that though. Who knows.

John F2000

I heard a rumor of this a couple weeks ago and was hoping it wasn't true. We just finished our 6100 / spec truck in the hopes of running both series. I still believe the 6100/original Score spec, has or had the best regulations of any spec class. The class drew entries and the cars are fun to drive, safe, and reliable. Why change it. It seems the demise of all spec classes when rules are changed for no significant benefit to the class. If this is true, the perfect spec class is now not so perfect, if the cars are not equal in both series. I love Baja, and to think the car we just spent a year getting ready is now out dated is a bummer.

Slippery P

Just go racing! You will be lucky if the engine lasts a full season anyway, make sure you have very good filtration. DO NOT remove the intake manifold for any reason without thoroughly cleaning all dirt which may be stuck under or around it. Dirt/sand piles up around where the intake bolts go into the head, this bolt hole goes through the head and will dump that dirt/sand right into the lifter when removed. Have fun!