6122 full raw unedited video with audio

MTPyle

Reaction
Day 1 finally got done on YouTube. Over 6 hours of footage with comms and two camera views.

I have not watched the entire thing and have no idea if I said some stupid stuff or did something I should not be sharing. LOL. These have not been edited and go from start to finish interview.

I am loading Connor’s video from day 2

If there is a cool section of video let me know so I can clip it and put it on IG.

One thing I will say to defend myself is I still am not super comfortable getting really close to trucks in the dust unless I know it’s straight and I can power into them. I honestly felt like I was way closer than I was. But I still made a few passes in the dust and held our own when we could not pass. I believe this video shows we were faster than the trucks we were racing with back there in 16th. We qualified below our race pace

Let me know what you guys think. I am open to constructive criticism.

Mike

PS- sorry we didn’t clean the front cam more. Haha

MTPyle

Reaction
Trade secrete. LOL they can actually go 12 hours.

We use big USB battery packs. And you have to take out the internal battery so it does not overheat. When we powered from the 12v system in the truck it caused issues. The worst was every time we started the truck it would stop the recording. With the USB power packs they have happy clean power the entire time regardless of the truck system.

Edit- here is the model we use. We put one on each camera. Waterproof 30k USB Battery pack

Mike

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
I totally forgot about that long "transition" stage on Day 1. How brutal was that to have to go in to cruise control for like 50 miles or whatever it was?

MTPyle

Reaction
Jprich,

the worst part was I did not understand how that worked and we totally screwed up. The way it was explained was very confusing and not how it was. But after we did it we realized how we could have gained an advantage and instead screwed ourselves. Yes it was brutal. Normally you can relax and take it easy in speed zones but this you had to pay attention and still drive.

Mike

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
Trade secrete. LOL they can actually go 12 hours.

We use big USB battery packs. And you have to take out the internal battery so it does not overheat. When we powered from the 12v system in the truck it caused issues. The worst was every time we started the truck it would stop the recording. With the USB power packs they have happy clean power the entire time regardless of the truck system.

Edit- here is the model we use. We put one on each camera. Waterproof 30k USB Battery pack

Mike

What cameras are you using

MTPyle

Reaction
You guys are killing me with the comments. LOL haha all you want to know about is the camera set up. Hehe

No comments on the video itself. Nothing like hey you suck, or hey why did you run over that bunny rabbit, nothing we can argue about, just about the cams.

They are Go Pro's the latest version. I think 8. And we keep forgetting to turn off the stabilizer feature so you guys can get sick. Haha

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
yeah the lens is the worst part. I totally forget about the cameras once we start the race.

I had to clip the end of day 1 video at the point we got to our trailer. The video kept rolling and got all of me talking crap and exaggerating. Post race hype is big with me. LOL I actually uploaded the full video then thought hey I should watch the end. Glad I did. LOL had to delete and re upload which took another 7 hours.

I went to upload Day 2 with Connors race and Its a mess. The last 2 hours are them stopping and going with the engine shutting down and the first couple hours is is covered in dust after RM30. So its not really worth uploading the Entire thing.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Here is a pass Connor made before the camera went dark.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Haha. I was so bummed I took out the driveline. She is always positive and trying to make sure we have fun. I don’t know how she does it.

that reminds me at that pit there was a truck getting fueled in front of us with a fuel tower. It was a total crap show. They spillled so much fuel. It’s a good thing our front camera was not clean. LOL.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
I want to give you crap but I’ve been watching since 4:30 and still have an hour left to watch.

haha I have watched it all. Thanks for watching don’t forget to Smack that subscribe button on YT. Hehe

you can at least give me crap for being an idiot and taking out the wheel and driveline. Other than that I was pretty chill. After the race I was felt like some of the trucks didn’t move over fast enough. But after watching the video I think they all were pretty cool. During the race I feel like they should know we are there but I bet they don’t

Connors video is a bit more questionable. He kept stopping on course when the engine would die. He almost never got all the way off the course. It was driving me nuts and I was yelling at the screen while watching the video. So sketch. You would think he would know better. He is in Hawaii for a friends wedding so I have not had a chance to chew him out yet. LOL.

Mike

tapeworm

Reaction
@MTPyle I’ll trade you one of these custom made stickers to remind your co-driver about the camera for a ride in your truck when you guys are down testing in the future

Attachments

• 6CEE8AAF-A8EF-451D-A65B-A2FCFC52B5F7.jpeg
    6CEE8AAF-A8EF-451D-A65B-A2FCFC52B5F7.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 67

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha That sticker is a good idea. Haha problem is the front cam is hard to reach for shorter co drivers.

We had the front facing cam behind the drivers like Ryhs Milliams in car. But you could not see out the front as well.

which do you guys prefer? At rear view mirror location facing forward? Or in the middle of the drivers in the back?

Mike