6122 LDC day 2 2019 In car cam with audio

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Yes Dirtfish is expensive but keep in mind it's not just behind the wheel they put you in a classroom to understand why your car is is going to react the way it does and helps with understanding of the whole picture not just what you see.

MTPyle

Reaction
Whats up Mike!!

We use Gopro 7 Black with the audio dongle that goes into the Rugged Comm box. To be honest we are not happy with our set up. The cam that has the audio input stops working all the time for no reason.

We talked to Gopro and they agree the current audio input dongle that uses USB-C is crap. they are coming up with a new system for the 8 in January.

We also learned that if you have power connected that you should take the battery out. If the battery is in and its charging it will overheat. We had ours overheat at V2R Qualifying and the race.

Mike

mike_osborn

Reaction
Whats up Mike!!

We use Gopro 7 Black with the audio dongle that goes into the Rugged Comm box. To be honest we are not happy with our set up. The cam that has the audio input stops working all the time for no reason.

We talked to Gopro and they agree the current audio input dongle that uses USB-C is crap. they are coming up with a new system for the 8 in January.

We also learned that if you have power connected that you should take the battery out. If the battery is in and its charging it will overheat. We had ours overheat at V2R Qualifying and the race.

Mike
All good info....thx! Catch you guys are Parker!

JHUT_553

Reaction
Thanks Honda. We love the new look also. Only issue is its harder to pick out of the crowd. We need to add something that sets it apart from a distance.

The dust is hard because that takes out so many trucks and Connor knows that. He for sure was really conservative in the dust.

The hardest thing is how hard to push. Before every race we talk about being smooth and steady and finish the race in one piece. Then when you get out of the truck and watch the video you think we could have gone so much faster. We talk a big game between races how we are going to push harder next time. LOL

I hear guys like Kyle and Brock talk about how they are going to push hard and not worry about breaking the truck. Easy to do when your not the one paying for the truck. Deciding how hard to push is by far the hardest part. I am hopeful we can just get faster and faster without getting out of our comfort zone. But when I watch videos of fast guys they look crazy fast and all over the place. So maybe we just need to get comfortable being on the edge.

We are planning on getting a driving coach before Parker to work with us. We have lots to learn. I feel like we have the truck pretty close to as fast as it can be. We are working really hard on our new engine package to make sure we have every advantage we can get on power. So now we need to get faster as drivers and it can all come together.

If we can make it to Rage this week Carson may get his second chance in the drivers seat. he is excited but I am not sure he is ready for a race like the Rage, its mayhem out there. Maybe have to put a rookie flag on the back of the truck haha.

Mike
maybe do a teal roof and visor

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha. We remembered our Switch pro modules can flash our lights so we put our front lights on strobe and could pick our truck out of a crowd. Worked great. But I love the idea of teal. Haha.

JHUT_553

Reaction
i only have a little 5/16 and that's what we are struggling with too lol. Something just to spot it out or a break up in color, my car is going to Ford Racing red so its bright, but still i think it will need something else not to get ran over lol besides lights. teal is what on the side accent strip on the side so i just through it out their

jon coleman

Reaction
Any thing that sticks out of a crowd works, remember back in the day, where is the groups camp?, the one w the white motor homes.....thats how 2 black racing stripes down middle of race car startes, pebble beach GP, photog. couldn't spot his particular car so he suggested some stripes to stick out from all the other white cars...red&white reflective trailor tape is great, old timer said put reflectors Under your car, he started to ' splain but I figured That one out!!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Truck and crew will just get better and better I'd imagine especially after going to a driving school. Good luck in the future!

TheBullet

Reaction
Cool video I learned the most riding with fast drivers. It gives you a big idea of how fast you should be going and in my opinion improves personal driving allot.