6200 for real or ?

9rocky

I have a can am (I know it is not comparable) and drove the first 1700 miles in RWD. I have 500 in AWD and it feels like a completely different car. I am bummed I did not switch over to AWD sooner. Besides being faster it also gave me a lot more confidence in vehicle placement on the trail.

I am excited to see how this evolves. @9rocky do you know when the first car will be completed?
Originally, we were looking late July for start up. I believe the bat flu may have pushed that back slightly. Talked to @fishd00d a little about doing a unveiling down a Alumicraft. Hopefully, we can still make that happen.

C.J. Hutchins

All this being said.

How long until an awd ecotec class 10?
too heavy for the limited power

Sorry Of course I am going to be anti 6200. No offense to any 6200 racers, but we have too many classes as it is, if you cant win in class 10 why step up to a faster car? Just to say you won?? Race class 10 or race class 1. I dont think the class is dead at all. You dont have to have 800 hps to compete in class 1. Just because there arent 40 class 1 cars at every race doesn't mean the class is dead. Show up to a SNORE race in class 1 and come tell me it was easy to win...

As for the AWD's, I love that people are putting up the money to try something new. We looked at maybe doing something but the costs are astronomical up front, and to prep. I hope I get to race against some of these awd buggies soon though!

michael.gonzalez

too heavy for the limited power

Sorry Of course I am going to be anti 6200. No offense to any 6200 racers, but we have too many classes as it is, if you cant win in class 10 why step up to a faster car? Just to say you won?? Race class 10 or race class 1. I dont think the class is dead at all. You dont have to have 800 hps to compete in class 1. Just because there arent 40 class 1 cars at every race doesn't mean the class is dead. Show up to a SNORE race in class 1 and come tell me it was easy to win...

As for the AWD's, I love that people are putting up the money to try something new. We looked at maybe doing something but the costs are astronomical up front, and to prep. I hope I get to race against some of these awd buggies soon though!
Why not say the same for 6100 guys?

Either Class 3000 or TT.

C.J. Hutchins

Why not say the same for 6100 guys?

Either Class 3000 or TT.
TO run a TT up front is big big bucks. TT is pricing out your average millionaire from the class, at least those that want to try to win. 6100 is a great class as there wasnt a good stepping stone class for guys that eventually want to get to TT. Nor was there a class for tired TT's to step down to. to say they should go from class 3000 into a tt is comical. Now to go from a class 10 into a class 1 is a much better gap, if that makes sense. 6200 has hurt class 1 and class 10 numbers. a 6200 and a class 1 probably have very similar prep costs. I cant see a 6200 being much cheaper to prep. too many classes, too many organizations, diluting everything across the board.

MTPyle

IDK CJ, seems like your arguments for 6100 apply to 6200. You might be biased, Hehe

the same reason a 6100 is more reliable and less to prep than a TT. Stock power is less wear on drivetrain, less engine issues, etc..

I do agree there are too many classes and race organizations. But a Spec class of the unlimited classes makes sense to me. It’s the other 400 classes that I wonder about. Haha.

the spec classes made more sense when they had limited tire size. But SCORE screwed that one up.

Mike

Zac Reish

I should say with my recent post discussing how I think 6200 is bad for the sport the same could be said about 5 open diluting class 10.

However class 5 open was here before 10 so it wasn’t technically diluting classes in the sport.

To analyze whether a class should stay or go it could catch some bad press. However, on the other hand. Considering the fact that class 5’s are slower due to its vw beam and shorter wheel base all parts will last longer and take less of a beating than 10. In addition you don’t need as big of shocks, and hubs so build cost and prep costs are significantly lower for the guys who prep things as needed. Guys still put huge hubs and shocks on them anyway. The guys who send their car out for complete rebuild and hard part replacement costs of racing class 5 and 10 would be closer. I love both classes.

9rocky

SMS81

Dilute the classes? Hopefully the sport is growing with new racers at Every event. There are 6 6200 in 4 years, if something was diluted it needed to be!

Goober

TO run a TT up front is big big bucks. TT is pricing out your average millionaire from the class, at least those that want to try to win. 6100 is a great class as there wasnt a good stepping stone class for guys that eventually want to get to TT. Nor was there a class for tired TT's to step down to. to say they should go from class 3000 into a tt is comical. Now to go from a class 10 into a class 1 is a much better gap, if that makes sense. 6200 has hurt class 1 and class 10 numbers. a 6200 and a class 1 probably have very similar prep costs. I cant see a 6200 being much cheaper to prep. too many classes, too many organizations, diluting everything across the board.
I think the Ampudia's would disagree.

ht racing

there are only aprox 6 class 6200 out there a couple old class 1 cars that cant compete and a few 10 cars. class 1 was dead before 6200 was a idea. most class 1 cars as you know are big prep cost and most are sitting on the side of the track before race end. going from a class 10 to a class 1 is not anything i would ever be interested in.

TJ_Gambino

The allure of 6200 is the contingency money. Run a FORD motor and win - $5k. Run General Tires and win - $2500. Throw in some other contingency payouts and money from the race promoter - possible $10k weekend. Of course the class goes with the FORD money. They offered great contingency for the 2400 class (remember that class?). That money is now in 6200, but for how long? Right now entries are between 4-6 cars. If that grows, so may the payouts.

MTPyle

Are there any ford eco boost buggies?

that would be a killer set up and big money at the podium.

mike

Class10DAN

question, i drove a sxs years ago and thought, no shifting?, dont even have to even think about it, will an all wheel drive buggy w 900 hp need a gear change and the driver has to think ahead ?, or Will it be full auto?, & easy to be quick with out fumbling for the right gear??
then why not just get a sequential transmission... it shifts faster then an auto trans (this isn't pavement racing so i dont think it matters all that much)
but i dont know if anyone is using sequential... i think Bryce Menzies is using a paddle shift (also sequential in a different configuration) but dont quote me on that

michael.gonzalez

Are sequentials allowed in 6200 or H pattern only?

That's insightful for 6100 because they are all stuck my a mandated TH400. No other autos or manuals allowed.