6200 for real or ?

Mot51560

Reaction
DSC03404.JPG

MTPyle

Reaction
Did the rules get changed to allow the 535HP engine? I thought 6200 was still 430hp?

The impressive part was they were the only one in their class. You would expect them to kind of take it easy but obviously they were out for 6100 blood. Haha love it.

Mike

SMS81

Reaction
They were other 6200 cars registered for Parker but didn’t show up like ourselves we’re just taking it slow with the Covid still around

fatsaz

Reaction
They tend to last a little longer when you don’t mix methanol in your fuel to try and cool turbos, so I hear anyway. Pistol had descent luck with his once they figured out the tune.
Talk about cheating. Methanol.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
They were the third car off the line in the group of 6100's and finished 4th physically only behind Concrete, Householder and Jergensen, and finished about 10 minutes ahead of the first 6100 truck.

TJ_Gambino

Reaction
With how fast 6100 exploded (19 entries at Parker and 13 at the first Legacy race) I don't understand why 6200 has been stumbling along? One car raced Parker and did very well beating all the 6100 trucks. Maybe 6200 and class 1 should be run together to keep the numbers at a respectable level (Parker 4 class one cars. Legacy had only 4 cars as well) It seems as though the 6200 cars are capable of competing with the class one cars.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Finally we are recognized!!!!
I can't believe I have never seen this forum on here, but to address the guys early on in April yes in the beginning none of the teams could get their poop together, us included. but remember class 6100 started the same way until it all of a sudden exploded. We can from FORDs 2400 program and had lots of success with the 2.0 Eco boost. However the class never got off the ground. Donald approached me at the end of the season (2016 if I remember correctly) and asked what are we going to do with the class. I said throw us in with the new class coming next year 6200, but let us run the 2.3 and allow us to tune computers. Obviously he said yes, we were very excited because the 2.0 was super restricted and we couldn't even tune our motor. So we built a brand new Alumicraft 10 car with a 2.3 Eco boost and life computer. The car was FAST, stupid FAST, but we couldn't keep the damn thing to live through a race. We went through 6 motors until we finally threw in the towel. We switched to LS3 and that was REALLY STUPID FAST. The car needed a torque converter to be controllable, but rather then cutting up a brand new Alumicraft racecar we turned it back to a true 10 car and sold it so we could buy what we have now.

I can honestly say we now have a rocket for a racecar, We knew we could show up the spec trucks it was just a matter of how soon we could get through the new car blues. It debuted at blue water, I had very little seat time, but we still had a solid finish, first in class and a few seconds out of top 10 in spec TT. We then went to El Paso STORR 125 and took the over all, 425 went just as planned. We still have some bugs to work out, but the car will only get faster. Working with the Mcmullen team as really help bring our program to the next level. Kevin is a off-road genius

I am really not the type of guy to talk trash on the internet (off-road is just a fun way to spend time with my dad), but there's been a lot of talk how we could never beat a truck and buggy's aren't built to take the harsh desert terrain. This wasn't a fluke 1 and done. I think 6100 trucks are BADASS, I wish I could afford one, but they ate their words this weekend, I was first on road and first on corrected by time I handed car off to Conner for last lap. So hopefully now there should be a lot of interest bringing guys over. Conners car will be done in a few months and there be 2 of us to worry about. Not to mention Alumicraft has already started a 3rd 6200 chassis. We can't wait for more competition and are willing to help out anyone who is looking to join.

ALSO being in ALumicraft shop and seeing what RPI has in store..... Class 1 is also in store for a BADASS revival.
#buggydorkvstheworld

You can fallow us on Instagram: ICRMotosports

johnnyweb

Reaction
Finally we are recognized!!!!
I can't believe I have never seen this forum on here, but to address the guys early on in April yes in the beginning none of the teams could get their poop together, us included. but remember class 6100 started the same way until it all of a sudden exploded. We can from FORDs 2400 program and had lots of success with the 2.0 Eco boost. However the class never got off the ground. Donald approached me at the end of the season (2016 if I remember correctly) and asked what are we going to do with the class. I said throw us in with the new class coming next year 6200, but let us run the 2.3 and allow us to tune computers. Obviously he said yes, we were very excited because the 2.0 was super restricted and we couldn't even tune our motor. So we built a brand new Alumicraft 10 car with a 2.3 Eco boost and life computer. The car was FAST, stupid FAST, but we couldn't keep the damn thing to live through a race. We went through 6 motors until we finally threw in the towel. We switched to LS3 and that was REALLY STUPID FAST. The car needed a torque converter to be controllable, but rather then cutting up a brand new Alumicraft racecar we turned it back to a true 10 car and sold it so we could buy what we have now.

I can honestly say we now have a rocket for a racecar, We knew we could show up the spec trucks it was just a matter of how soon we could get through the new car blues. It debuted at blue water, I had very little seat time, but we still had a solid finish, first in class and a few seconds out of top 10 in spec TT. We then went to El Paso STORR 125 and took the over all, 425 went just as planned. We still have some bugs to work out, but the car will only get faster. Working with the Mcmullen team as really help bring our program to the next level. Kevin is a off-road genius

I am really not the type of guy to talk trash on the internet (off-road is just a fun way to spend time with my dad), but there's been a lot of talk how we could never beat a truck and buggy's aren't built to take the harsh desert terrain. This wasn't a fluke 1 and done. I think 6100 trucks are BADASS, I wish I could afford one, but they ate their words this weekend, I was first on road and first on corrected by time I handed car off to Conner for last lap. So hopefully now there should be a lot of interest bringing guys over. Conners car will be done in a few months and there be 2 of us to worry about. Not to mention Alumicraft has already started a 3rd 6200 chassis. We can't wait for more competition and are willing to help out anyone who is looking to join.

ALSO being in ALumicraft shop and seeing what RPI has in store..... Class 1 is also in store for a BADASS revival.
#buggydorkvstheworld

You can fallow us on Instagram: ICRMotosports
Congratulations great job out there this weekend guys!! You got me thinking I have a couple class 1 cars sitting in my shop. Ones already LS powered it would be an easy conversion maybe not a state of the art build like you guys are doing but they would be reliable on the lower horsepower engine.

Waiting to see the RPi car and Josh Daniels Sheila make over to get out there as well.

Last edited:

MTPyle

Reaction
Congrats ICR

I have always said the buggy's on paper should wax the trucks but it just never happened, until now. Props to you guys, great job. Making buggy dorks proud for sure. :)

Personally I think a good 6200 can beat many of the Class1. The Class 1 buggy's have too much more for their own good. The LS3 is just enough to be fast but not too much to destroy the car.

Mike

Zac Reish

Reaction
This will kill 10 again. But to be honest it will not be a whole lot more expensive than 10. So to me it makes reasonable sense. This will help class 5 as that still is a reasonable stepping stone class to 6200, 6100, or ckass 1. You dont need a 30k transmission with no lift shift to win in class 5 and the beam and wheelbase keeps you honest. Going from 1600 to class 5 or class 10 is a reasonable jump. I see this as a big jump from a 1600. Its damn cool to see a 200k buggy wax 500k trucks with ease. Cant wait to watch the rivalry grow between spec buggy and trucks. I hope a 6200 goes to the hammers race and rep's again. That is some big deep and gnarley desert that should favor trucks.

MTPyle

Reaction
Zac,

I agree with you on the progression. But there is no $500K spec truck that I know of. You can buy a very nice new spec truck for $300-350K

I would sell mine for $200K any day. I think most of the current 6100 trucks are worth $200-250K. Not sure what Travis Chase just paid for his new Mason but I doubt it was over $375K. Thats just a guess, I could be wrong. The real issue is you cant get a new spec truck for a long time. All the top builders are booked out.

Mike

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Johnnywebb - Iv heard rumors about the new and improved shelia that's another one that's pretty exciting. Josh Daniels and danzio is no slouch when it comes to thinking out of the box and building badass stuff. I am really shocked no TT have worked in turbo set ups since. If you got the money it makes sense. I would definitely try that before I tried 2 diesel motors like the RPM truck

next 3 guys - WOW! lots of people changing their tune today.

MTPyle - hopefully the spec truck builders have some cancelation calls coming this week after seeing results that'll free em up!! :p Id be pumped to see Jimco, Raceco or any of the top truck teams start building 6200's.....ALSO Iv heard the Gaunt new Geiser 6100 was up in the 500k range. but again..... just rumors

Robin Hood

Reaction
Johnnywebb - Iv heard rumors about the new and improved shelia that's another one that's pretty exciting. Josh Daniels and danzio is no slouch when it comes to thinking out of the box and building badass stuff. I am really shocked no TT have worked in turbo set ups since. If you got the money it makes sense. I would definitely try that before I tried 2 diesel motors like the RPM truck

next 3 guys - WOW! lots of people changing their tune today.

MTPyle - hopefully the spec truck builders have some cancelation calls coming this week after seeing results that'll free em up!! :p Id be pumped to see Jimco, Raceco or any of the top truck teams start building 6200's.....ALSO Iv heard the Gaunt new Geiser 6100 was up in the 500k range. but again..... just rumors

Come on, spill the beans...I bet your new Alumicraft was more than $200K!

Reaction
Just rumors at this point but it sounds like Polaris and CanAm have cars coming out that might fit the class 10 rules. If thats true then class 10 will have a big car count and open it up for people to move up to 6200.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Come on, spill the beans...I bet your new Alumicraft was more than $200K!
No it was closer to 210, but we had sponsorship help with free parts . We had Alumicraft finish everything so we picked up Turnkey car. Which is obviously not the most cost efficient way of doing things. Initially we planed to have them build roller, but pandemic screwed everything up for shipping parts and I got super busy at work. We had to had Alumicraft take one more step in the build, one more step in the build, another step to buy us more time …. Till we eventually just said screw it you might as well finish it at this point.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
$200k+/- for a TT Spec killer is not a bad deal but a purpose built 6200 will make it harder for people to dust off older heavy class 1s, drop a spec motor and go racing too

McCredie A

Reaction
Where is the best place to look up the 6200 rules?

I am wondering about tire size, converters, etc.

Thanks!

MTPyle

Reaction
If I understand this correctly Connor was the driver of this new 6200? If thats so its not totally the vehicle. Connor could get into just about any buggy and beat everyone. Same with Jergensen getting into a Camburg and Brenthal and winning when those trucks had not seen a constant podium with other drivers. We know that driver is #1 variable to race outcome.

Not trying to take anything away from this build and the accomplishment. But I bet you could throw a spec engine into just about any Class1 thats prepped well and a driver like Connor will still win.

Mike