On Topic 6200 Thread Only

Do you think 6200 will become an adopted class across all series. If so, when?

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Yes, you can have any ECU. The 525 is the best option for simplicity and reliability.

Thats arguable. LOL The LS3 takes mods to make it live. If you can run any ECU than I would for sure run the LT1. Its been very reliable. Our issues have nothing to do with the engine itself. The thing is strong and does not need better oil pump, timing mods, etc. Right out of the box its solid.

Its not like the LS3 525 does not have issues. But I get that its hard to change mindset and do something different.

Mike

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
yall are still missing the point, 6200 is an option for THE FUTURE, its costs a just under 10% more then a class 10 and about 40% less then a 6100. we don't need a 30k-60k motor in our car to compete. adding us to class 1 will give us immediate satisfaction sure, but it's not going to build the class for the future. Guys are coming, they need time to build. 6100 took a few years to get to what it is today.
A 6200 car is extremely capable of beat 6100's, we had a 3 min lead over all of them by pit 3 lap 1 (unfortunately we toasted our idler pully and spit our belt which lost us about 25 min so we didn't get the result we wanted but we KNOW we have the speed! qualified 6th and made 4 race passes in first 100 miles with 1 min and 30 sec split times. These cars are BADASS. Talk to Conner Mcmullen who has had the pleasure of driving pretty much every fast class.
I'm not sure there is a point to be made. In order to get an idea how 6200 has grown I compared it to its nearest rival, 6100.
I sampled the first 4 years of the class at the same race with the same racing organization. So with that said. From what I can gather, info from BITD.com.

Class 6100 - Vegas to Reno 2012 - 3 starters, 3 finishers. 2015 V2R 20 starters, 13 finishers. (4 years)

Class 6200. 2018 V2R 4 starters, 2 finishers. 2021 V2R 3 starters, 3 finishers. (4 years)

There might be more accurate data out there that I am missing.

Factually, the class is not progressing because at the 2022 PARKER 425, 6200 had 3 entries.

Advertising supports this site

9rocky

RDC Crypto
I'm not sure there is a point to be made. In order to get an idea how 6200 has grown I compared it to its nearest rival, 6100.
I sampled the first 4 years of the class at the same race with the same racing organization. So with that said. From what I can gather, info from BITD.com.

Class 6100 - Vegas to Reno 2012 - 3 starters, 3 finishers. 2015 V2R 20 starters, 13 finishers. (4 years)

Class 6200. 2018 V2R 4 starters, 2 finishers. 2021 V2R 3 starters, 3 finishers. (4 years)

There might be more accurate data out there that I am missing.

Factually, the class is not progressing because at the 2022 PARKER 425, 6200 had 3 entries.

This is very accurate. I asked @ICR Racing 1044 if he was affiliated with the 6266 car, and he did not answer. I believe he is and it may be one of their "rental cars". If that is the case, then 2/3 of this "growth" in the class is coming from the guy beating the drum the loudest.

This class was developed for them when they wanted to run their Ford motor and Class 10 would not allow it. It was also for "older" class 1's to get back out there. The whole premise for this class has already changed.

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
This is very accurate. I asked @ICR Racing 1044 if he was affiliated with the 6266 car, and he did not answer. I believe he is and it may be one of their "rental cars". If that is the case, then 2/3 of this "growth" in the class is coming from the guy beating the drum the loudest.

This class was developed for them when they wanted to run their Ford motor and Class 10 would not allow it. It was also for "older" class 1's to get back out there. The whole premise for this class has already changed.
I might be wrong, but for a class to grow, participation is a must. If racers participate, fabricators will see a need to build cars for this class. I do not know how many fabricators jumped in and started building 6100 trucks when the class became popular, but participation drove the need to build.

Right now, I think, Alumicraft is the only one building class specific 6200 cars. If the class grows other companies might start to jump in and build cars, but right now low 6200 numbers just dilutes the racing.

If this class does not grow (10 plus cars per race) in the next two years, there is no reason race organizations would adopt a 6200 class. It would be better financially (for promoters and racers alike) to just have them run with the class 1 cars and help keep that class alive.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I might be wrong, but for a class to grow, participation is a must. If racers participate, fabricators will see a need to build cars for this class. I do not know how many fabricators jumped in and started building 6100 trucks when the class became popular, but participation drove the need to build.

Right now, I think, Alumicraft is the only one building class specific 6200 cars. If the class grows other companies might start to jump in and build cars, but right now low 6200 numbers just dilutes the racing.

If this class does not grow (10 plus cars per race) in the next two years, there is no reason race organizations would adopt a 6200 class. It would be better financially (for promoters and racers alike) to just have them run with the class 1 cars and help keep that class alive.
where do you even see 10+ class 1 cars per race?!

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
where do you even see 10+ class 1 cars per race?!
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.56.20 PM.png

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Baja for first 100-200 miles till they all break.
Unless I am reading the previous post incorrectly, it looks like 7 out of 10 finished 1227 miles of racing...

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Thats better than normal
So then what you are saying is that we should create a completely different class to give 3 people "safe space" to run a car that is competitive and "more reliable" than the current class 1's so they can win a participation trophy?

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Yes, its not my money, seems like the Baja folks wont race here and the fast folks dont race down there. Lighten up francis

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Yes, its not my money, seems like the Baja folks wont race here and the fast folks dont race down there. Lighten up francis
I am not going to lighten up because it is my money. I have been fully invested in 3 different class 1 cars since 2006. I am not thrilled by someone diluting the class by building a car that has the DNA of a class 1 then they do not want to identify as a class 1. That will dilute the class, diminish the racing, and depreciate my substantial investment of both time and money.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
And apparently kicking class 1/1500s butts, be glad connor is being put in a 6100 or he would be making lots of people butthurt. A few more 6200s are coming including a Alpha chassis for the current 6100 BITD champ to butthurt people some more.

9rocky

RDC Crypto
And apparently kicking class 1/1500s butts, be glad connor is being put in a 6100 or he would be making lots of people butthurt. A few more 6200s are coming including a Alpha chassis for the current 6100 BITD champ to butthurt people some more.
We will race anyone of them, anytime. That is the point.

9rocky

RDC Crypto

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Mg is a little slow sometimes

To be fair, 2 of the 3 lists posted only have 10, so not 10+.
And the third has 11 entries.... ELEVEN.

I'm not knocking Class 1, but some teams might have better results if they reallocated some of the engine budget to the rest of the car (ie. LS3/LT1 swap and enter 6200)