On Topic 6200 Thread Only

Do you think 6200 will become an adopted class across all series. If so, when?

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I'm not sure there is a point to be made. In order to get an idea how 6200 has grown I compared it to its nearest rival, 6100.
I sampled the first 4 years of the class at the same race with the same racing organization. So with that said. From what I can gather, info from BITD.com.

Class 6100 - Vegas to Reno 2012 - 3 starters, 3 finishers. 2015 V2R 20 starters, 13 finishers. (4 years)

Class 6200. 2018 V2R 4 starters, 2 finishers. 2021 V2R 3 starters, 3 finishers. (4 years)

There might be more accurate data out there that I am missing.

Factually, the class is not progressing because at the 2022 PARKER 425, 6200 had 3 entries.
There would be more already but go out and try to buy a new trans right now. albins because that is what u need and see how long the wait is then plug that into your data machine.

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
Remember the original question? Would other promoters add 6200 to their organization? If they could get enough cars they would. Kinda tough when you might get 3.

6200 was supposed to bring out old class 1 cars with spec engines. I know there are old 1 cars and there is no shortage of spec engines.

Why are fewer cars racing today vs 2018?

Advertising supports this site

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Remember the original question? Would other promoters add 6200 to their organization? If they could get enough cars they would. Kinda tough when you might get 3.

6200 was supposed to bring out old class 1 cars with spec engines. I know there are old 1 cars and there is no shortage of spec engines.

Why are fewer cars racing today vs 2018?
Right now parts availability is a huge issue. Especially transaxle parts.

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
I'm not knocking Class 1, but some teams might have better results if they reallocated some of the engine budget to the rest of the car (ie. LS3/LT1 swap and enter 6200)
I don't agree with you on much, but this statement has weight to it.

It seems like there would be quite a few older C1 cars out there with aftermarket electronics packages already fitted that would work with a spec motor. Would probably open up $20k-$30k a year in budget if the race motor was ditched for the crate motor. That money would go pretty far in updating the car (design wise) to make it work a little better overall.

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
Right now parts availability is a huge issue. Especially transaxle parts.
The 6200 that won Parker, blew its transmission at a race in December. Got it fixed and ready for a race in January. Maybe they have a better connection for parts vs everyone else?

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Or maybe they had the parts on the shelf before the supply chain issue hit??? Just spitballin'. I know transmission parts ARE a big issue for many teams right now. Remember when a lot of this stuff was simply Made in America?!!!#1

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
GOD! you guys spread rumors like wild fire, this is why I hate getting caught up in these forums with you people. we didn't blow our trans, we lost second gear.

9Rocky, we didn't try to run our ford motors in class 10, I don't know of anyone who ever even asked to do so. IN FACT we moved UP to class 6200, as 2400 was going nowhere. we haven't ran our "rental program" for over 4 years now. The other 6200 your thinking of, owns his own car and runs his own program, he is however a good friend of ours.

Has the class taken off yet...no, but it will, just give it some time. You guys are like little kids that NEED to see instant results.

Yes covid BS has screwed up our industry, we can't get parts, Iv had a 6 speed on order for moths and all I am told is sometime in 2022...

If you want class 1 to grow, find a way to beat the trucks. Ill never compete with the TT's, but I sure can compete with the 6100's. So I stay within my means. if that hurts your feelings or your investment I apologize. I am sorry class 1 is dying off, it's my favorite class and I don't want to see it happen, but don't blame 6200 for it. Every signal guy in the class would never and has never raced class 1. Benefit to not being to many of us I'v talked to all personally:) If you want to grow class 1 then find a way to help it. Scavenging 3 more guys will still only be 5 at parker (green army was in a truck with no fenders)

Our next race will be Battle at Primm and we will be racing as a 1, hopefully there's a good showing, even if your a different class, strap in and race it

*THIS poop IS FOR FUN*

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The 6200 that won Parker, blew its transmission at a race in December. Got it fixed and ready for a race in January. Maybe they have a better connection for parts vs everyone else?
Could have had the parts yes. Call weddle and see what they say.

9rocky

RDC Crypto
20% of this one too LOL.
6200 is adding to class 1 more then it's taking away
Strongly disagree. The thing you are creating, and you even mention it, is you have the option to race in either class. We do not. We built our latest car to try to up the game in the class and eventually challenge ourselves to see where we can compete with the trucks. We will continue to do so.

TJ_Gambino

RDC Crypto
20% of this one too LOL.
6200 is adding to class 1 more then it's taking away
So if a race organization doesn't have a designation for 6200 and requires them to run class 1 (making up the 20% you noted) why would any organization establish the class in its current race program? Again, going back to the original question that started this thread.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Strongly disagree. The thing you are creating, and you even mention it, is you have the option to race in either class. We do not. We built our latest car to try to up the game in the class and eventually challenge ourselves to see where we can compete with the trucks. We will continue to do so.
Up the game or price the competition out? And please don't take this as a slight, I get it, you guys took it to the next level, but that is exactly why 6100 got started and will be why 6200 grows. As long as 'Unlimited' means no limits, someone can always spend more to build the next level. I think it is one of the reasons Desert Racing has never made the big league of racing. Competition builds fan base, the closer the better. Money can make that go away. A few limits on some things, like spec motor or tire size, and competition can tighten up.

green flag

RDC Crypto
Any open wheel, independent rear suspension car can race in class 1. It does not matter engine size. A class 10, 1600 even a class 12 could race Class 1 if they wanted too. Class 6200 was supposed to bring out older Class 1 cars with spec motors...

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Up the game or price the competition out?
Believe me, that has been a conversation that has happened a few times in our camp. We won our first race and were competitive in the others. So up till now, it has not been a factor.

We believe that 6100 now has little differentiation from TT. It should have been left with original rules. These "new" classes are supposedly created to fill a void between classes. Now, 6100's are costing upwards of $400, and the latest one, in excess of $500k. There will be some that will look once again towards Class 1 because people are going to get priced out of 6100 and the "Truck factor" will lose its appeal as costs are now out of control on the initial purchase. We went with a BBC in our car. Slightly more initially, but after a year, it has proven WAY more reliable and way cheaper to maintain than the rung out LS motor.

The draw we often hear about 6100 is the car counts. Most racers are competitive people and strive for competition. Competition equals car count. What people are missing here is that they are already diluting a class that is currently down. Look at BITD and Legacy for example. As one entity, they were doing pretty well. Divided, they both suck. 6200 will never be what 6100 is because it is not a truck. The Eco boost class failed and this one will only be slightly more successful. The original "need" for this class, was to bring out older class 1's. What IMO it will do is drive another nail in class 1's coffin and we are not cool with that.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Up the game or price the competition out? And please don't take this as a slight, I get it, you guys took it to the next level, but that is exactly why 6100 got started and will be why 6200 grows. As long as 'Unlimited' means no limits, someone can always spend more to build the next level. I think it is one of the reasons Desert Racing has never made the big league of racing. Competition builds fan base, the closer the better. Money can make that go away. A few limits on some things, like spec motor or tire size, and competition can tighten up.
100% agreed!

Reece Pettersen

RDC Crypto
Some progress photos of the 6200 car at Alumicraft this morning. Really excited to start assembly once they finish fab and powder coat from ECP. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 6AA002FB-3BDF-4708-A663-D5D8CFE3A818.JPG
    6AA002FB-3BDF-4708-A663-D5D8CFE3A818.JPG