64 Days until The Mexican 1000 who's going to make it?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
With only 64 day's left until the NORRA Mexican 1000, who plans on racing it? What class?

We are looking for host hotel information so we can book rooms as well as much other needed information on the race. Anybody have new information besides NORRA's website regarding this historical event?

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Reaction
With only 64 day's left until the NORRA Mexican 1000, who plans on racing it? What class?

We are looking for host hotel information so we can book rooms as well as much other needed information on the race. Anybody have new information besides NORRA's website regarding this historical event?

We were thinking about taking our old Manx down for the Norra race but think it might be too much to get ready this quick. Now I am thinking about going down and just helping out, run chase. How are you on chase vehicles/helpers? What are you racing? Maybe that isn't the right word, what are you driving? I am down here in Cabo right now remembering the 2000.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I plan on racing a vintage class 1,small block, winged ,sprint car looking. Built by Smokey Allerman and Nye Frank.

I am also looking for an old class 8 or something old.

Dana, check your PM's

racer56

Reaction
I plan on racing a vintage class 1,small block, winged ,sprint car looking. Built by Smokey Allerman and Nye Frank.

I am also looking for an old class 8 or something old.

Dana, check your PM's

Do you have pictures of it? Smokey was my crew chief when I ran USAC and I always enjoy pictures of his various creations.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Do you have pictures of it? Smokey was my crew chief when I ran USAC and I always enjoy pictures of his various creations.

I will take some pictures and post them. It was built in 79-80 and raced Parker, Baja 500 & Riverside in 81,The technology was way ahead of it's time.It was owned by Drag racer Jack Wyre, if anybody knows him,I would like to find out more about the car. It is a sister car to Mickey Thompsons winged car. Maybe Art from Trackside could post some pictures of it racing back in the day?

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Hey eveyone,

Don't know all the details because the NORRA folks are running the event, not myself. As you might expect, Dirt Sports will be involved in terms of coverage...and participating. Not to sound cheezy, but the next issue has the latest on what the magazine is doing.

I do know that interest is really picking up (based on the phone calls I am getting) and that the NORRA folks are going to start issuing a successive string of emails/press releases with the latest news starting later today. From what they are telling me, it will be a can't miss event and we are all very much looking forward to having fun in Baja later this year. My suggestion? If you have a pre-1989 car or motorcycle (or want to run a current vehicle on alternative fuel like E-85), take it out of the garage, dust it off and start prepping!

Marty

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Speek of the devils...I just got this in my email....

Attachments

• NORRA Press Release 7-15.pdf
    316.2 KB · Views: 156

El Ranas

Reaction
Thank you, which hotel is the host hotel at each stop?

Marty any more info as to the plans on this event????

Sorry for the late :eek:

In Mexicali the host hotel is Colonial, there is two hotels near this hotel, Posada del sol and Posada inn, both are nice and clean

Check the link to see the info/tel/rates

See you

BigBro

Reaction
I will take some pictures and post them. It was built in 79-80 and raced Parker, Baja 500 & Riverside in 81,The technology was way ahead of it's time.It was owned by Drag racer Jack Wyre, if anybody knows him,I would like to find out more about the car. It is a sister car to Mickey Thompsons winged car. Maybe Art from Trackside could post some pictures of it racing back in the day?

Pics from everyone racing would be cool ! :D