66 Ford F100 NORRA build to support the Navy Seal Foundation

Baja535

Reaction
Man I wish I knew what I was doing. I had one motor in my Bronco that I couldn't keep cool and now I'm working this one. I have several items checked off the list, but no flush. The radiator is brand new but probably small and lacking fans since it is not a high dollar one and I bought if from Speedway. I've filled and drained several times, tried different thermostats and caps, built cardboard setups to direct air only to the radiator, and no difference. It runs at 210. I haven't flushed it but it was a fresh rebuild that sat dry. I ran it without the cap and with the 180 thermostat turns on and off at idle and water flows. Is the flow rate right? Who knows. Is the water pump working right? I don't know how to tell except that it moves water and isn't leaking. The radiator spits water into the overflow and then settles in at the head space it likes I guess. The only next step I can think of without any real data is a higher capacity radiator with a couple heavy flow fans. If it doesn't run cool next Saturday, there will be no NORRA 500 this year and that would suck.

jon coleman

Reaction
expansion tank is most important, hi up too, air go's up, 2- 3 quart.20 psi cap.try different size restrictors instead of thermostat, and yes, correct pump.v belt vs reverse serpentine.a fellow jeepspeeder did that one.210 all day?, or ideling?, sand wash?, were are u mesuring 210?, at thermo housing out flow from eng?, because 210 in a LONG sand wash is about right

Baja535

Reaction
Well, I put in a new water pump and Ron Davis radiator and went to the NORRA 500 with low expectations. Billy Rounds at vector fixed up my leaf springs after a short test in Plater City and we headed south. Some problems with the rear end left me working on the truck until 4:30 AM Friday night/Saturday morning and then we killed it on day 2. Ended up with the Pioneer Class win, Pioneer Era win, and Mike's King of the Mountain Plaque. Not a bad run for a guy working out of his garage if I do say so myself. Thanks to all my supporters including Molten Metal Equipment Innovations, Desert Pacific Advisors, My Brother In law John Volkman, and my family who pitted for me during the race. Good times. Now we'll really start marketing the Navy Seal Foundation and the effort. And, thanks for those who offered advice... Jon Coleman, Mark Stahl, and the rest.

jon coleman

Reaction
winna winna, good job!, bob wright's sRx7 #3 was one of my cars i used to work on &was at the front all the time, its a good feeling helping fellow racer win.thanx:D

LantanaTX

Reaction
Well, I put in a new water pump and Ron Davis radiator and went to the NORRA 500 with low expectations. Billy Rounds at vector fixed up my leaf springs after a short test in Plater City and we headed south. Some problems with the rear end left me working on the truck until 4:30 AM Friday night/Saturday morning and then we killed it on day 2. Ended up with the Pioneer Class win, Pioneer Era win, and Mike's King of the Mountain Plaque. Not a bad run for a guy working out of his garage if I do say so myself. Thanks to all my supporters including Molten Metal Equipment Innovations, Desert Pacific Advisors, My Brother In law John Volkman, and my family who pitted for me during the race. Good times. Now we'll really start marketing the Navy Seal Foundation and the effort. And, thanks for those who offered advice... Jon Coleman, Mark Stahl, and the rest.

A class win, a King of the mountain win, and the Era overall! Not a bad debut! I thought you the coolest truck there and was of the many who said don't paint it. Congratulations!!

Baja535

Reaction
I know it looks original without paint and I like it too. The funny thing is I had a guy offer to sponsor a paint job as soon as I got back. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I guess you'll see at the 1000.

LantanaTX

Reaction
I know it looks original without paint and I like it too. The funny thing is I had a guy offer to sponsor a paint job as soon as I got back. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I guess you'll see at the 1000.

Ok, that changes things. I wouldn’t turn down a sponsorship and that sponsorship could lead to others. Our paint job is toast after 6 races and I need to get a hold my my paint sponsor.

Baja535

Reaction
I have a way to support the Navy Seal Foundation without spending any extra money. If you're like me and buy parts on Amazon, you can go to smile.amazon.com and select the foundation as your charity. For most purchases, Amazon will donate something to the Navy Seal Foundation. From people doing this they have raised over $21k. Please try it out.

Baja535

Reaction
IMG_20191013_125101254.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_231145176.jpg
    IMG_20191012_231145176.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20191012_230003184.jpg
    IMG_20191012_230003184.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20191011_223245468.jpg
    IMG_20191011_223245468.jpg