cleartoy

Reaction
Nice work. Lots of hours on that one.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

farmboy

Reaction
There were some pics of this truck posted a few months ago where it was up on a lift. The post said it had 21" of travel and three degree camber change. I have been trying to decipher from the pics what kind of front suspension design this is and it is not the typical A-arms w/spindles. Does someone have any better pics or a detailed explaination of what this is? just curious, but it's been driving me nuts cause i can hardly see anything from the pics.

Boy, Farm

cleartoy

Reaction
Looks like Center mount J arms up top, and center mount lower A arms to me.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

singlehanded

Reaction
So what did the travel end up being front and back. Also what motor ard trans. are you using and how much hp and torque if you know curious?

local

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Looks like 3.4 Tacoma Motor to me.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
How tall is it? What is the angle difference between the uppers and lowers?(parallel being 0 degrees) Is it a prerunner or gonna be a race truck?

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

JP7

Reaction
it is relatively short for a 7 truck, the leanback is 3 degrees(caster), it is a 3.4 it is being custom build by LC engineering of Lake Havasu City Az, the trans is a 5 speed sequential shift clutchless unit by g force, hoping for a hp figure of around 400 and a bit more torque than hp, it will have a fully custom intake manifold and injection system with onboard adjustment and digital dash. It will also have a front steer Fortin rack. Front travel is limited to 19"and rear to 24", the truck will be a featherweight for the class at around 3600 lb. more pics and info tomorrow

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The angle I was referring to was the angle of the upper and lower with relation to one another...if you put an angle finder on the upper and then on the lower...what would the difference be?...10, 20...? Is this going to be a 7 open? If so, what series are you going to run?

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Those are some crazy looking J arms. Looks killer!

See ya in the dirt!

JP7

Reaction
some more pics yes it will be 7 open the angle diff i think you are looking for is 0 well at least the centerline of the pivot is, the spindle height and the dif between the upper and lower inner arms is the same as is the length of the upper arms and lower arms which gives us such a small amount of camber change

Attachments

martininsocal

Reaction
so let me see if I understand what you are saying...you have equal length parallel a-arms and the spindle has zero caster/camber built in? How about ackerman and roll center affects? lets us know when you test.

If your gonna go, go BIG