70s Era race car

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I was off a bit, It was cataloged in 1977 from Racemaster in El Monte California 98" wheelbase. Looks like yours has updated front beam clamps. Also, looks like it didn't come from Racemaster with the X or V between the A pillar and the beam area. I would put one in if I were you. This is from the 'VW High Performance and Accessory Guide' from Argus Publishing produced in Winter 1977. And don't sweat it Rory, I got your back buddy! If Rory or I can't figure it out, we know some guys.

Attachments

• Racemaster.pdf
    624.3 KB · Views: 65

Steve92307

Reaction
I was off a bit, It was cataloged in 1977 from Racemaster in El Monte California 98" wheelbase. Looks like yours has updated front beam clamps. Also, looks like it didn't come from Racemaster with the X or V between the A pillar and the beam area. I would put one in if I were you. This is from the 'VW High Performance and Accessory Guide' from Argus Publishing produced in Winter 1977. And don't sweat it Rory, I got your back buddy! If Rory or I can't figure it out, we know some guys.
Awesome!!! Maybe a dumb question but were they selling it as a race chassis?

Steve92307

Reaction
Nevermind, it clearly states it on the page

Steve92307

Reaction
I'am happy that I bought a racecar and not someone's homemade concoction. I'll add some of the tubing suggested and give her the love she needs.