71 jeep Waggoner

retroblazer

Reaction
It looks like Autofab might have something, assuming a J10 and a waggy share the same hoods. It's listed at $500 I ran a search, but it pointed back to a post on RDC in 2011.

Slippery P

Reaction
Yes a waggy and J10 use the same hood.
Call mike at T&Js he maybe able to help you if you cannot get one through autofab.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
How much is a mold. Or to make some. I have a stock hood for a mold. Or a fiberglass hood. It needs work. I could use another hood.

retroblazer

Reaction
More than the cost of an Autofab one. There is a fair amount of work to build a mold.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

retroblazer

Reaction
I was in high school when I tried to copy my Land Cruiser hood by covering it with food wrap, then fiberglass and resin. I couldn't get the fiberglass to follow the contour of the hood. Now you would bag the thing and vacuum. So it might be worth a shot.

retroblazer

Reaction
Sweet build. Looks like you're ready for glass now. The Autofab glass is high quality and well made. I bought a hood for my Blazer from them. It takes a couple weeks to make.

retroblazer

Reaction
How much is a mold. Or to make some. I have a stock hood for a mold. Or a fiberglass hood. It needs work. I could use another hood.
I have a friend who worked in a glass shop for a few years then designed and built TT bodies for $25- $30,000. The client got the molds and a couple sets of glass. I'll see what he has to say.
I did find a set of J10 molds, but they aren't on the West Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
i seen this at the Jump champ.
That would be cool. Retro. There are a bunch of Honcho. Wagoneers coming out. I think it would be worth investing my time into it.
Thank you.
Keep those pics coming of the Wagoneer.
0513171036.jpg

retroblazer

Reaction
His reply:

Usually it's two to three times the cost of the hood because you make it at least 3 times thicker than the hood. For example if the cost of the hood is $200 times it by two or three to be in the ballpark. If you're only going to pull a couple hoods out of the mold then you can make it light Duty. If you're going to produce a lot of it then you would need to make it heavy duty.

retroblazer

Reaction
The price I read from Autofab was for a double wall, stock type hood. Usually the race version is lighter, and slightly cheaper, but needs hood pins to mount.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Cool. Thank you.

Gadzooks2

Reaction
Wow, small world! Would love to come by and see your project sometime. Maybe around Thanksgiving weekend?

Gadzooks2

Reaction
Hey Nino, You didn't happen to make two sets of everything when you built your suspension did you??:D