On Topic 7100 Xterra race truck build. #2

dragonX

Reaction
Hey guys. Thought I would start up a build thread for the Xterra we are building for the new BITD 7100 class
Truck is. 06 Xterra off road edition

Here she is a a couple years ago in her heyday
Got nailed and she got retired from my DD. Been wanting to have my own race truck for a long time and tired of codawgin so I figured the time was right!

Getting it stripped down!

Dropped truck off at BTF-fab to start laying pipe!

Got a new Titan width Curry 9" for it

Picked up some seats to mock up driver area

Next on the list is a set of 18" 3.0 Radflo to get the rear end and cage mocked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobsson

Reaction
Cool looking build, not too often you see an Xterra build. The guys at BTF had a great Frontier they did sitting in front of their place for awhile. I wonder if it's still there.

dragonX

Reaction
Cool looking build, not too often you see an Xterra build. The guys at BTF had a great Frontier they did sitting in front of their place for awhile. I wonder if it's still there.

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I decided to work with Brandon. He designed a great suspension for that frontier and we will be duplicating it mostly for my truck.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Awesome, I will be following this. I just purchased a 2016 Nissan Frontier two weeks ago, been looking up what parts I can get for it. Have come across BTF Fab a few times in my searches, looking forward to see what they can do.

Doug

dragonX

Reaction
Awesome, I will be following this. I just purchased a 2016 Nissan Frontier two weeks ago, been looking up what parts I can get for it. Have come across BTF Fab a few times in my searches, looking forward to see what they can do.

Doug

Hey Doug, I work for nissteclifts.com and xterraperformance.com.
Hit me up if you ever need anything. This is my DD.

bobsson

Reaction

Doug
I like their work it's pretty solid and the price is great. They did some spindle upgrades on a Ranger I used to own. Brandon is also really easy to talk to and communicate with. He's also very straightforward and honest about whether or not he can do something. I approached him about extended TTB beams on a truck and he directed me to someone who could have it quicker and cheaper.

spalind

Reaction

Same one I have on mine. 5 years in on stage rally racing with that setup and 1 NORRA event with it and zero complaints...great work.

dragonX

Reaction
A couple photos from my trip to BTF Fab yesterday. Not a lot to report. Rear Alcan leaf pack just shipped out and should be ready to mock up in a couple days. Once the leafs are in there should be lots of update pics because that's one of the last pieces of the puzzle for the rear.

New fuel cell is here. 30gal Jazz jeepspeed
Thanks to Nisstec

Huge shout out to Radflo for stepping up and helping me out with the shocks on this truck.
Rear shocks 3.0 18" Radflo

Laser cut pieces just came in for front lower arms.

J Prich

Reaction
Any ballpark on completion date? What are you shooting for?

dragonX

Reaction
So the project has been basically on hold for a while do to a loss of fun money. Just recently got a new race partner and the money is now flowing in again. Time to start making progress on the dream. Here are some pics of the most recent work. I should have more in the next few weeks with more progress.
Stock rear end out, Currie going in for mock up.
IMG_1151.JPG

Fuel cell mounting
50221974583__F83032F5-6B62-40C2-9C6F-418F4D799D93.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG

Roof cage.
IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

BTF Fab still has the truck and Brandon has been taking good care of me. Can’t wait to start making more progress on it and get it up and running!