7241 Race report! / Team Story

Forty1Racing

Reaction
(IF YOU ONLY WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE TT250 SKIP TO THE SECOND PARAGRAPH! )

So, here's the deal on the 7241 Mason Motorsports truck. First off our racing team ( Forty1Racing ) are the owners of the 1941 rhino for anyone familiar with it. We raced for roughly 3 years in the Rhino before we invested in the 7200 truck and the name simply came from everyone calling us "41" since our team never had an official name. So I digress. We first saw the finished product of our truck New Years Day. The truck had to go back to Masons one more time after New Years Day to eliminate the little gremlins. But, we had from when we got it back from masons after the parker 425 prerun to the Parker 425 to learn how to drive, operate and prep a 7200 truck. With the little time on the truck and the 425 prerun being the first real time our drivers got legitimate seat time. We had to send the truck off once more from the Parker prerun to fix a torque converter on the TH400. ( Thank you Neal and Culhane Trans for fixing the issue promptly. )
So with very little time with our truck the Parker 425 was going to be a rough first initial shake down for the truck. Well to make a long story short Desert racing plus rain... SUCKS!! We didn't finish the 425 and were left with a EXTREMELY muddy, rusty truck. So with thousands of hours of wd-40 and scotch brite pads our truck was ready for the TT250...

( MY RIGHT SEAT RACE REPORT FROM TERRIBLE TOWN! :D)

Well so the Terrible town 250 was our real first shake down for the truck. I sat right seat for the length and it was an overal good time but I won't make the mistake of not wearing a cathy next time! :eek: So lets start from the first lap. We came off the line dead last, and the truck was not sounding very good. Yet, it cleared out and all was good after I hit the fan over ride. So our first lap was our fastest, It was the first time our driver Rory had driven and I am very proud of him. His line choices were good (except for one little 65MPH bump that launched us into the bushes ;) (( SHHH DONT TELL THE BLM!! )) ) and we made very good time. The only drama we had is that I could BARELY hear anything in my freshly wired helmet so I had to interpret and hope I was saying the right things because Rory could hear just fine. I would look for him waving at me or listen to a faint yelled series of expletives. So in our first time around we passed quite a few people never made it to the front runners but doing well. ( Congrats to Team Orbit on their victory! ) We came around the first time with no mechanical issues and headed on to our second. The second lap was an interesting one indeed. After pit 1 we lost our power steering and Rory decided to tough it out to pit two. Quite a few mile in after passing the comrade Mason truck ( Mr. Dave Caspino!) He pointed to us in dirt sign language "Your third" so we were pretty stoked but knew we were going to lose time in the pits. So we made it to pit two and the belt was fine and the pump was not leaking. So our driver Rory had to tough it out all the way to main. ( And special thanks to the guys at Ashcraft for jumping in! ) When we left pit two we saw the tragic sight of the burned down vehicle but when we returned to main we learned thankfully no one was hurt. When the cones of the finish line were seen by Rory his arms were thankful. Our main pit changed the power steering pump and re tightened our tie rods swiftly in about twenty minutes or so. Well we went out on our third lap and really started to notice the shock rebuild we planned for after the race was needed now! We went for as fast of a pace possible going slow in the areas our shocks were just to soft/ faded to handle. We could also definitely tell that the coarse was now pretty beat to $!@#. So with little adversity in most of the third lap other than now my bladder was to the extreme I'm about to pee in my suit on the next powerline road status! We came to roughly race mile 40-50 something ish. We were in some whoops and Rory said "steering is gone". My mind told me one of those tie rod bolts gave out and I was getting ready to get out when I looked over and my driver was holding the Wheel in his hands off the column entirely. ( keep in mind we are still at speed ) Thankfully, we came to a slow uneventful stop and I grabbed the channel locks and we headed for the #18 TNC truck and a BITD offical. The TNC truck drivers gladly fixed our wheel. ( Thanks a million guys we owe ya one!! )
In the process of this wheel fix I took and I kid you not a four minute pee!! ( sorry for the graphic detail but it was pretty amazing to me. ) With a fixed wheel and relieved co-driver we made it with ease to the finish and ended up sixth. This was the real first shake down for the truck and we were very pleased with our results.

Many thanks to the boys at Ashcraft!, The #18 TNC truck ! And everyone that came over and introduced themselves at the pits! Thanks team Jagged X, The BMW crew ( you know who you are )
I would like to make a Special thanks to everyone that supports us and comes out to the races. We truely couldn't do it with out you guys!

Thank you for your time!
- Carson Fisher
Forty1Racing

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Congrats on the finish - 6th place for the first real shakedown is pretty good - Best of luck at your next race...... which is when?

and yeah, TNC Fab is a bunch of top notch guys turning out top notch fab work....

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Congrats on the finish - 6th place for the first real shakedown is pretty good - Best of luck at your next race...... which is when?

and yeah, TNC Fab is a bunch of top notch guys turning out top notch fab work....
Yeah thanks man, Next race for the truck will be V2R :eek:
And yeah if the TNC guys ever need help we'll be there for sure.

J Prich

Reaction
Congrats on the eventful day! Sounds like a pretty entertaining ride. Didn't mess with the camera for more then five minutes but happened to catch you guys off the start and thought I'd share.

Attachments

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Congrats on the eventful day! Sounds like a pretty entertaining ride. Didn't mess with the camera for more then five minutes but happened to catch you guys off the start and thought I'd share.
Thanks I really appreciate it we didn't get that many photos!

mawtrophykart

Reaction
Good job guys , Tese trucks are going to rock when we get the bugs out.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Congradulations!

(BTW, before the "cathy's," our suits were always wet after a race.)

Torchmate

Reaction
I tried to get out of you guys way as quickly as I could on that third lap when I heard the siren. I was riding the left side because I had a broken driver side a-arm. Was trying to keep that tire on soft flat ground as much as possible just to keep the teeth in my head. I was afraid that if I darted across to the right I might rip the whole thing off in the bumps right there.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Good job guys , Tese trucks are going to rock when we get the bugs out.
Thanks,
Yeah, not to much longer I hope and we'll be able to say "Had no mechanical failure" in a race report!
Congradulations!

(BTW, before the "cathy's," our suits were always wet after a race.)
Thank you, And oh man you have no idea how close I was to just sayin screw it the suit is gonna be wet!
I tried to get out of you guys way as quickly as I could on that third lap when I heard the siren. I was riding the left side because I had a broken driver side a-arm. Was trying to keep that tire on soft flat ground as much as possible just to keep the teeth in my head. I was afraid that if I darted across to the right I might rip the whole thing off in the bumps right there.
Well, we don't have a siren but I do think we did pass your truck on the third. That's super sketchy though!! I'm glad to that the whole left didn't fall off.