73-87 COIL SPRINGS

Racing5150Guy

Reaction
ok i got a question or two for all you fab guys. i got a 77 1/2ton shortbed chevy truck. first off i made 4 inch longer arms for it with giant uni-balls. very beefy. i had fabtech lift springs in it before with stock arms and they sucked. so my question is if i put longer coil springs in it i can get the same lift height i had before but a better spring rate. i will make the taller coil buckets with adjusters so i just have to get close with the spring rate for the desired ride height. my second question is how much taller should i make the buckets overall or does it even matter. i plan on getting custom dual rate coils for it anyways. you help is appreciated.

K5Blazer

Reaction
Why not just run a set of coil-overs? I would think it would work better than having to find coils for that year truck, I would also think it would be cheaper than having a set of custom coils made.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Custom coils...$2-300 bucks. Coilovers...$1000 bucks and thats a steal.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

michael

Reaction
I don't have any help for ya, but I sure would like some plans, pics or whatever for your arms. I'm in bad need of some for my '74 2WD Blazer....please!

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mkparker.com/goose>mkparker.com/goose</A>