79 bronco chase build

Wild bill

Reaction
Here's the next project. The plan is to build a chase/recovery truck for the 1000. I don't plan on setting the world on fire with this build. Most of the parts are recycled off of a class 3 bronco that was retired. Here's the plan.......
1. rear end 9" 4.56 detroit locker, trussed, leaf spring, 2.5 kings 8". looking for 10" travel
2. front dana 44 4.56 true trac, 2.5 king coils 8" custom radius arms. looking for 12' travel

No plans to change the 408 motor or c-6.
Other plans are to add a roof rack, kenwood 790h, and engel freezer.
Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Ideas????? HMMMMM... I hate you..... LOL Just Kidding!

I would love to get a 79 Bronco or a 78 or 79 F100 wish I would have never got rid of the one I had!! Anyways as the process goes I may add some input, but you definitely have my attention right now!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Use Bilstien weld tops in the rear, they are much shorter compressed. You can get a 12" shock under the floor without to much trouble.

tcm glx

Reaction
Definitely check out Broncospeed.

As for the rear, with the right set of deavers, and a 12" shock, many of us FSB nuts are seeing between 12-16" of travel, so you should be able to get more than your planning. Keep us posted, looks like a cool build!

Wild bill

Reaction
Thanks partybarge. Any part # on the shocks? I have been fretting over the rear and that shock would allow more travel. Any input on over or under the axle for the leaf springs?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Spring under, stock front hanger and a flipped rear shackle. Makes for a much better wheel path through the travel.

I'd say PM Joel AKA Randomthoughtsracing for the P/N's on the shocks, but he doesn't seem to be checking them....... Either that or He's ignoring Me again. :D

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Ideas????? HMMMMM... I hate you..... LOL Just Kidding!

I would love to get a 79 Bronco or a 78 or 79 F100 wish I would have never got rid of the one I had!! Anyways as the process goes I may add some input, but you definitely have my attention right now!
HA! I got one!

Wild bill

Reaction
here's a few pics of the progress. Rearend is done. Ended up selling the 10" kings and buying 12" bilstein's for the rear. The rear travel ended up 11.5". Could of got more but the driveline would vibrate.

Attachments

BajaBronco13

Reaction
Nice build. Can you post a picture of the entire truck with the rack?

Wild bill

Reaction
I'll post more picks later this week, especially the entire truck. I got the new center console installed and the Engel cooler installed today.

Wild bill

Reaction
OK...I'm trying to post some more pics. For some reason, the "manage attachments" box is not showing up. WTF am I doing wrong?

Wild bill

Reaction
Ok, out of the blue the Manage attachment tab appears....WTF! anyway here's the pics.

Attachments

Wild bill

Reaction
Probably have'nt seen this Bronco since it has not left Oklahoma yet. I will post some pics of the bins I built for the rear to store parts and tools.