7S 4.0lt engine

sean (yt)

Reaction
I need some information on the 4.0 Ford v6 engines. I want to run one in a 7s truck. what are the most sought after years for these motors. what is the application that I should look for? I assume a donor motor, wiring, and ecm is the best way to go, does anyone have a suggestion on where to find one? I looked at turnkeys website and I didn’t see anything like that. thanks for any help!

Wahl_7s

Reaction
IMO this is the easiest way to accomplish what you want to do. I don't know your budget. Call around junk yards find a 4.0L SOHC (03 2wd exploder if possible IMO) as complete as possible. 600 to 900 bucks, PCM,engine harness(you may have to pay extra for the PCM).send PCM and harness to Juanco! He will return it ready to go and eliminate crap you don't need. find a C4 Culhane makes a billet flexplate and bellhousing to bolt C4 to the SOHC engine.Good luck and have fun:D

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Look around in the RDC classified section, I found a complete engine/transmission with ALL the accesories including ECU and wiring harness for what you would pay the junkyard for just the engine.

Keep in mind, the 1997 to mid 99 engines had a return style EFI system, the later engines went to a returnless system. The earlier EFI sytems operate at 42 PSI where the returnless system is at around 60 PSI and requires an inline fuel pressure regulator.

Things to look for, try to find the steel fuel rail instead of plastic and upgrade the alternator to a 140 amp model. If you can find one, look for an ECU with the ID code TTB4. It's plug and play and is easily modified.

X2 for Juanco and the Culhane billet bellhousing. Juanco can also build you a C-4 transmission if you decide to go that route.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
I can't argue with Cliff this guy knows his sheeat!:D IMO I have a non return system on my truck and a reg.,with hella pump(or what ever they're calling them these days kar tek) steel injector rail, it will take 100psi fuel pressure,that's about what a kar tek pump puts out.The reason I said '03 it has the preferred intake plenum.Get the basics and post back w/?'s we'll get you going:)

Mike

sean (yt)

Reaction
awsome guys. thanks for all the info. i will start looking and keep you guys posted!

Brock_Beeson

Reaction
go return system. v2r fun run was vapor locking our prerunners what were a non return system. re worked them to return and problem was gone.