7s at MDR this weekend

JasonHutter

Reaction
I just got off the phone with Patricia at MDR letting her know that we are going to be there this weekend and she said that she has almost lost count, but she thinks there are going to be about 14 or 15 trucks out there in 7s. Should be a fun race!

Jason

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Re: 7s at MDR this weekend - Group Photo Time

Since this will be big, why not do a group photo of all the trucks in the class.

Byrdman

Asked to be removed
Reaction

Man I wish I could be there racing against you guys, (broken truck blues) See you guys next year, Roger Byrd #755

Byrdman

Asked to be removed
Reaction

Question, Did someone put up extra $ for 7s? Or whats with the large turn-out. I hope this continues for next season,Can't wait to battle it out with you guys!

JCA

Reaction

The 7s class at MDR has been pulling good truck counts all year. Now there are a few other new trucks that have come out and a few that are running just this race (Fireguys). The truck count would be even better if a couple of us that are missing races right now would show up (sorry guys hopefully sometime soon). I think there were 12 trucks last race.

SuperDave

Reaction

"Since this will be big, why not do a group photo of all the trucks in the class."

If you want, if all the 7s trucks can get to lineup 10 minutes early I could take a few photos of the class. That would be kind of cool seeing 15 trucks lined up side by side with the drivers and co-drivers standing next to their truck. Maybe gather at the edge of the lakebed where it's open and flat.

martininsocal

Reaction

Good truck turnout, but whathappened to the 7s shootout at Primm? Only 3 showed up there. I think costs are a big factor right now. You are racing for the same payback whether you pay 360,395, ot 900 bucks, so why not go where there are the most trucks. Unless you are chasing that brass ring at SCORE or you drive a Ford at BITD, MDR is the place to run in 7s this year.

WFODAN

Reaction

MDR is totally the place to run your 7s truck this year (and for years to come ) . They are the only series that didn't change the motor rule again . The numbers clearly show it . After SCORE bumped up to 4.3 ltr , the racers stepped their motors up . Then SCORE back peddled as usual and threw a wrench in the class . This was even after the the 7s class got together on their own time and had a meeting to decide what they wanted the rule to be as a class . SCORE must be sooo proud to see their three or four entries per race these days in 7s .

The trucks wanted a place to race and MDR is the series that welcomed them with the big motors . I believe there have been more than ten entries in 7s for each race this year . That is AWESOME !! I look forward to a great race this weekend . See you there .

Byrdman

Asked to be removed
Reaction

I couldn't agree with you more, why pay more to race against 2 or 3 trucks when you can race against 10 or so and have less invested in travel costs and entry fees? The coarses are rough enough to where engine displacement isn't as important as how well you drive and how well the thing works. M.D.R was smart in not splitting up the class.