7S motor rule

bpthirteen

Reaction
This is straight from Bill Savage. Score is going to change the motor rule for 7S. The new rule is 2.5 liter maximum 4 cylinder motors. Stock blocks only. Stock heads only. No V-6 motors.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ummm when did you hear this? And how do you know its not just a rumor. No v-6's dosent make sence at all.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
When does this rule take effect?

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

bpthirteen

Reaction
We called Score today for two reasons. Jamie cooked his motor at Henderson and needs to build a new motor. Jake and I are building a brand new 7S. We called to find out what motor we should build for both trucks. We were told 2.5 liter 4 cylinder.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I still do not understand why it is not stock as deliverd from factory V6 motors. Cheap, reliable and competitive. Toyota vrs Ford vrs Chevy etc... Bring in the factory.

Now a question I have is does stock block and heads = esslinger still?

Tomack

Reaction
See that's what all the bitchin got everybody. If would have just left well enough alone, we would not be going through this stuff. We should have never changed our motor. I think that everybody should run a 4 cylinder(esslinger) no tall block. Maybe make it a 2.8 limit. Score just lost the 7s class.

My .02 cents................ What do you think Bruce

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Ouch boys...BITD looks better every race doesnt it. 7S guys should have never let it bee changed...and the ones who hyped up the motor change the most wont even be ruinning next year I hear.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

punkassslacker

Reaction
What is going on with all the motor changes in 7s. First they let the 4.OL in then they want to limit it to 4banger. It makes no sence. At first I wanted to race 7s, then they let the 4.0L in and I said screw it I'll get killed by the 4.0L, now 7s is sounding good again. But who know, maybe the class rules will reduce 7s to a foot race in a year or two.

To do the impossible is doable, to do a miracle it takes a couple minutes longer

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I see it this way

4.3 motor rule...chevy wins! hands down Look at this year..S&S, Hardin
3.0 motor rule...pretty level field unless somebody drops HUGE cash 20 k
4 Cylinder motor rule....ford wins! Esslinger.

Yeah Bruce I know you have your 4.2 on the way but that never came in a Ranger...if I recall you won the SCORE championships with the 3.0 motor rule.

I think BITD was smart in not changing the rule. Casey puts on good races and I am glad to be a part of BITD. Bring SCORE back to Barstow and I will change my mind!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

JCA

Reaction
In all fareness, not many people were happy with the 4.3 rule and Bill with SCORE are working on a rule to appease all. I wish it would have never changed from below 3.0! But it did ! The 3.0 rule was a rule that was comon to all the promoters now BITD runs a 3.0 rule ands SCORE????Rule and MDR is yet to be talked about. As far as other sationing bodies I am not sure what their rules are but I will say that going back to the old rule would be the best course of action in my opion. If they go 2.5 it will kill the class more than the 4.3 rule did and it killed it pretty good.. If you want to race with a certian santioning body then let you thoughts be known but understand that the final decision rest with them. If they want to kill a class then that is their decession!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
The racers in class 7s blew it BIG time when we had a chance. If we would have all agreeed to the pump gas rule and stayed with the 4.3 engine size we could have had a great class. Low octane fuel would have made a 4.0 and a 4.3 near the same output. Engines would have cost less and lasted longer. Transmissions also. 76 would have put up money, fuel, and a year end cash prize. Yes the 2.5 will kill the class. However, the short sighted racers killed what could have been a great class before this stupid 2.5 rule. I tried to get all the guys with 7s trucks to listen. Now look...

Bill Savage, Sal Fish listen up: Nobody will want to change to a smaller engine. Nobody will want to build a brand new 50 - 80 K race truck with a 2.5 engine. It is just stupid to spend that much and have no power. Trucks will get stuck and overheat with a 2.5. You will alienate your customers and they will race with BitD or MDR. Do the right thing and make the class run pump gas. NO 2.5 ENGINE RULE!

THROTTLE DOWN

JCA

Reaction
I just talked with Sal and Bill. No decission has been made yet. They (Bill) might be leaning one way but the final decission has not been made. Bill and Sal are meeting next week to discuss this and Sal said he hopes to have a rule setteled on around Sept. As far as the Esslinger being the motor to have- The rule if it does go to 2.5 will be stock block and head, so Esslingere's will be a no no.

Bruce as stated before a fuel rule is a logistics nightmare and not really doable. But a compression rule with it being checked like the Pro Trucks might be. When it comes down to it the motor rule should have never been changed in the first place. You are correct though that all the 7s guys cant even come up with a solution that everyone can agree on so I would not think the new rule will make everyone a happy camper either.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Donahoe

Reaction
Ya know You guys need to do a Class meeting. Doug, Cory, Bruce, JC, Jamie, the Hardins, all need to sit down together and Come up with a comprimise that will work for everyone. 7s is the BEST truck class out there and has been for years. Its affordable and you can get some great level playing feild racing. It would be a shame to see that class suffer becuse ONE team wants it there way. Keep in mind boys this is the WHOLE class. Not one team. Get together make a date. Your more then welcome to meet at my shop and I can play moderator. Just a thought. Then go to Score with your chioce of motor rules.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Big_Matt

T.A.B.
Reaction
Kreg, you have a good ideas. But like mentioned before, a lot of the heavy hitters are working on moving up to different classes. Dan Fresh, the current points leader, has his new ride for next year. Hardin's plan on running a different class. Bruce, working on moving up. S&S, working on moving up. So would it be fair for us, multiple year SCORE 7S racers, but on our way out, have input. I dunno. We can share our opinions and would more then happy to, but this is a chance for the newer 7S racers to step forward and set the class up as they want.

Class 8, 7 open and class 10 have all had changes in the rules over the last 5 years and seemed to make the classes more competitive, 7S just wasn't ready for a change.

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
JC. Pump gas rule is doable. You have a mandatory fuel stop and the gas is checked by 76. You cheat, you get caught, you get DQed. Ask Bill. The fuel stop is his idea.

You would have to upgrade your truck to a 4 liter. However, these are easy to come by. My 4.2 would not able to run either so I would have to get a 4 liter also. Lots or trucks would have to change to be competitive. HOWEVER, we would have much better parity, a sponsor, cash prizes, and a future for the class.

I dare all class 7s racers to get together. I'll buy the beer.

Bruce Landfield

THROTTLE DOWN

StandOnTheGas

Reaction
Matt,

I currently do not have the time or money to build a 7 open truck. Yes I would like to. I don't think I can. Not at least until 2004 or later. I had hopes to get a truck together. However, I do not believe at this point I can make it happen.

THROTTLE DOWN

JCA

Reaction
I am in for a non race weekend meeting. I am off thur, fri and sat. Eves work best for me.

Bruce when I talked with Sal and Bill in the past they were the ones saying logistics would be a nightmare for the fuel stop and it was also said that the Pro Trucks tried it with little sucess (Scott??).

I have a 4.0 lined up but have been waiting to find out what is going to happen.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Tomack

Reaction
Stick with the old rules and nobody will go wrong. I think that 3.0l is the way for the class. I really dont mind it. We were doing good with the 3.0l and were crazy enough to change it. I think that the 2.9 v6's and the 4 cylinders are the best to prep lots of room, with the 4.2 we are having all kinds of space problems, and we can not keep the darn thing together, but it sure is nice having the power to get around people and get out of trouble except" Big freakin rocks" right Bruce. I think that everybody should get together with sal and Bill,and discuss the stupid 2.5 rule.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"