7s Ranger

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I was looking at the new Off-Road magazine and I noticed that the Baja Shop 7s ranger has a 3 link rear suspension design with springs. I thought that the suspension had to be the stock set up? How come more trucks don't run this set up? I can't think of any others that do. Furthermore, the radius arms are heimed. I didn't know that was legal as well. I was curious why more trucks don't run that type of set up as obviously it works well or better than stock.

See ya in the dirt!

JasonHutter

Reaction
The 3-link set-up that you are referring to is only there for traction. It is a traction bar per say. All of the 7s trucks are running about the same thing. They are however mounted in different places and in different lengths because all the different trucks have different frames etc. The rules state that you can have this traction device, but is is suppose to be two separate bars and four mounting points. You can shape it in a "V" shape though, so there really isn't much of a difference to what they have done and the exact wording of the rules. Like I said, at least 2/3's of the field that is out there has the same thing.

Jason

Here is ours.

Attachments

• 5-24451-track4.jpg
    5-24451-track4.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 156

JasonHutter

Reaction
one more

Attachments

• 5-24452-track7.jpg
    5-24452-track7.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 172

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Heims in the radius arms are fine as long as the arms are stock length. IT is a grey area in the rule book. The V-bar is common..we run it. Keeps the rear end under the truck..provides lateral support. The deavers take care of the traction although the V-bar helps out there too.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

martininsocal

Reaction
i know the heims are legal as long as the mounting point centerline is the same as if they had run the sandwich bushings. what i don't think is legal is the bent/cut.modifies radius arms to allow a better turning radius for the bigger diameter tires. the rule is very specific about not modifying parts in certain ways and i don't believe that bending or cutting and re welding the radius arm is legal. it also specifically states that I-beams can't be bent, cut and rewelded, or v-notched and rewelded, but plenty of trucks are running bent beams. savage won't enforce a rule unless someone either puts up one hell of a fuss or you pay for the protest. i don't know how they ever interpreted a heim joint to be the same as a bushing...

If your gonna go, go BIG

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
How come none of the Stock Full trucks run the same thing? Neither of Dave's old trucks ran a traction device like that and I can't remember seeing anybody else in that class running one. I could be wrong however....and probably am!

See ya in the dirt!

Jimmy8

Reaction
The stock full class is comparable to the stock mini class, and neither of those run the traction bars. Class 7s has no other full size class to be compared to. Class 7 and 8 are counterparts as stock full and stock mini are.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thanks for clearing that up for me! It makes sense now.

See ya in the dirt!

DougM

Reaction
I also noticed in the photos of the Baja Shop 7s that they have welded a piece of tubing from the radius arm to the I-Beam, almost like a J-arm? Is this too keep the alignment straight, as well as give the radius arm strength?

inquiring minds want to know..

Attachments

• 5-24623-radiusarm.jpg
    5-24623-radiusarm.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 167

martininsocal

Reaction
i was wondering if that was LEGAL!? seems to me making a 2 piece part a one piece part in a class that says "strengthening purposes only" seems a bit outside the box...

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
They have to keep the transmission alive before somebody protests them for a J arm.

Kris

Tomack

Reaction
I think somebody should protest them. Cry babbies... But wait that would stoop down to there crying leval. I am out there to race and have fun. Crying is not in my vocabulary... But, it is in theres.... They are lucky I am a nice guy are they would have a rear cage problem too.......They have a nice clean truck, but it is to bad, oh never mind.....

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

WFODAN

Reaction
Well to answer the question about the bar between the radius arm and the beam , it is simply for strength . Nothing more . However I do find it funny that every month people get there new copy of Off Road Mag. and look for something to rip on . I think it is truly sad , but that is the mentality of the average poster . Not all , but the vast majority . As for your comment about the transmission Kritter ....... I bet you would have thought it was funny if someone would have lost a leg when the flywheel came through the floor , wouldn't you ? Stupid comments are like A-holes ....... Everyone has one . Your signature fits you well .
Tomack ..... You can protest whenever you'd like . We'll drink beer with your money . Why don't you stop by our pit at the next race ? You can check over the truck until your heart is content . Oh , and all nerfs are welcome !! Both given and taken " Nice Guy " . After reading your post , all I needed was your picture at the top to complete my definition of a crybaby . Now just take a deep breathe and blow in your tissue .

Dan Vance

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Hey Dan I was statin facts...not baggin on anybody. Who is going to protest a truck that doesnt cross the line? I never like to hear of anybody getting hurt...if projectiles are such a problem from the explosion...think about a scattershield or plating the bottom of the cab in the critical areas. As for your offroad mag comment...I dont read it so I do not know what you are referring to. Oh yeah Dan, my signature fits everybody at one time or antoher...

Dan, what is your mentalilty since you are the ABOVE average poster, or at least inferring it?

Kris

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
This is exactly the kind of nonsense that we need to eliminate if we are going to clean up/change this site. It does no good for this site nor our sport. I posted this topic as I had question about the design of a truck and I'm sorry it got off subject.

See ya in the dirt!

frankh

Reaction
Everthing is legal till the tech gods make a ruling.
They are the ones to make a ruling not us.

WFODAN

Reaction
JrSyko ,

I agree 100% about the nonsence . I was origionally going to post in reply to your first question until I saw that it had already been answered . Actually everything that was asked on this post was a good question . I'm all up for good reading and info , but when ignorant people start making ignorant comments about my team and they aren't here to defend themselves , I feel I need to set the record straight . Thanks for your questions JrSyko . If you read my post again , you will see it was an answer , not an attack on anyone .

Kritter ,

As for my mentallity ........ I believe that if you want to talk smack about someone or something in you own home , go for it . I don't care . Now , if you do it in a public forum such as a this , then I think that you are a fool . As you know I hardly ever post on anything here . I mostly just read , because I don't get online much , so by the time I do most of the good questions have already been answered . I don't like to waste everyones time to have to look at my opinion on every subject . To tell you the truth , usually when I see your reply on just about every post , I just skip over it and go on to the next reply . I don't need to read anything that is just trash talking without any subject base . If you would like to talk further with me about this P.M. me or get my number from JB . Let's not waste anyone elses time on this .
Oh and as for the scatter shield . It was put in right after the transmission came apart at Laughlin ( the first time it broke ) . It was a definate oversight , but you wouldn't think that a stock motor and trans combo would grenade like that . Live and Learn .

Dan Vance

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
From previous post
"Hey Dan I was statin facts...not baggin on anybody."

Also I was asking a question in response to your comment not talkin down or trash talkin.

Kris

Skyler

Reaction
Hey Kritter, why are you such an [censored]? I mean why do you have to be so negative? Geeez! The M-5 is a bulletproof transmission right you have one in your truck right? That thing is sweet! GO LAKERS- they brought out the broom tonight! 4-peat anybody?