7s rear axle

farmboy

Reaction
tried to find the answer but lost my rulebook, would a ford 9 inch on a toyota 7s be legal for score?

the faster you go the smoother it is

JCA

Reaction
This is out of the BITD rule book online. They run basically the same rules as SCORE (other than motor rules).

SCR26: Transmission

Any transmission that is listed and delivered by the manufacturer may be used.

Any shifter may be used.

Differential
Front differential must remain original stock, with the exception of gear ratios, as delivered by the manufacturer. Materials may be added for strengthening purposes only. Front differentials, including traction beam type, may be reinforced.

Rear axle assembly must use standard concept automotive production housing and third member. Gear ratios, carriers, axles and floating hubs are optional. Must retain stock track width plus or minus 2 inches.

Knock-off hubs are not permitted.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

J_Dog

Reaction
I pretty sure the 9" is legal in 7s. I think Fire Guys Racing runs a 9" in their Toyota and have been pretty happy with it (I think I read that in another post on here). You might contact them and ask. Jason Hutter (Fire Guys Racing) is usually pretty active on the site and will probably help you out with any questions.

Jeff

Ahles

Reaction
Yes, a 9-inch is legal, I run one in my truck, however the width is limited to +2" over stock.
How about that 13 second victory in the CODE Class 7s! The side by side racing the last 30 miles doesn't get any better.

Dave
Makena Motorsports

martininsocal

Reaction
yes-you can run the ford 9" in 7s, but you can also stick with a toy 8" and be just as happy. the axles of the 8" are actually beefier than a stock 31 spline 9" and you won't have to have it custom made to meet rules width. parts are easy to get and it uses a drop out center section just like a 9". you won't be sorry.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I use to break toyota rearends the one ton ones at that.Then I switched to a Currie 9 inch and no more problems.Over four years of racing and flying with no problems.Well worth the money tell Ray I sent you.

farmboy

Reaction
thanks for the info, i already bumped up from a 79-85 housing to a 86 to get a little more width. i haven't had a problem with it yet but a few of my buddies have bent and broken yota housings. belive it or not i found a complete 9", drum to drum third member and everything, 31 spline on the side of the road. they were doin a neighborhood cleanup in south sacramento and it was in the pile goin to the county dump and i snagged it. so now i'm debating whether or not to put it in when i get back to the "world".

drtdevil93

Reaction
ya i broke 2 toyota rearend. i definitely abuse them. the 9" has refused to break no matter how hard i try. i just need to gusset up the whole thing now.

erik

farmboy

Reaction
yeah there is a ready to go weld on truss for a 9" on www.bajaconcepts.com. i think currie or somebody actually makes it but it's only $80 and would save a lot of time. if i decide to put that axle in i'll probably put that truss on first.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
farm biy kicks ass, both his trucks rule, farmmy did u know mikes gonna put one on his 7 truck, hows the outside world doin
bj

farmboy

Reaction
actually i didn't know he was gonna put one in, how's the car doin so far this season? to say the least, this place sucks and i can't wait to get the f$%! outta here. the liquor his pretty good though, and the russian girls are gorgeous! i might end up married before i leave.

firedog

Reaction
Yes, the 9" is legal as long as you stay within the width rules. We run a 9" and haven't had any problems with it. 5.43 gear ratio, 31 spline currie axle shafts, spool, nodular 3rd member, wilwood disc brakes.