7sx.....? well?????

Big_Rich

Reaction
Here we go.....

I've read the other post on General about the 7sx class and motors, where shoud we, VORRA stand. We now will race with any class that "shows", but do we water down our 7s for the "bigger" moter sub class, or just run it all together.

I want input on what we should do.....have we decided on a class rep. for 7's. I would like to know how you feel VORRA should go.

Rich
If you'd rather talk than write, please call.
530-622-0370

www.vorra.com

martininsocal

Reaction
Rich- Since Vorra is a smaller organization, I think you should look more along the lines of what Fud does, Big truck and small truck. If the truck doesn't meet the rules for any of the classes that could fall into those categories, then they run in an open class.
As to your new minitruck class, why such a small tire? If you plan on allowing them to run in the desert, it will never happen with that small a tire.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Big_Rich

Reaction
Stock mini's would only be for the short course event's and Praire City. It a trophy only class, for fun and beginners.

Rich

www.vorra.com

billymanfroy

Reaction
Boy oh boy. This is a really tough subject. I'm starting to think maybe every single entrant should have his/her own class and rules so then everyone can be happy. The new class is not necessary, but the guys who insist on running big motors don't want to go back, and the guys who run the smaller motors don't want to get beat by guys who made the effort to "step up" to a bigger - albeit usually stock - motor.

Rich, if you stick to the letter of the law, then you'll have to split the class, which is counter to everything that makes sense from a promoter's viewpoint. I can foresee races where you'd have 1-2 7s and 1-2 7sx trucks. There are not enough trucks to support 4 classes (Stock Mini, 7s, 7sx, 7 Open). You'd have to carefully police who's got which motor before EVERY race. I know you're new, but there hasn't been much in the way of rules enforcement up to now. Do you know the difference between a 2.8, 2.9, 3.8, 4.0, 4.2, (that's just ford) by looking? I don't, and I've run fords for years! I say put all the trucks that are now illegal in 7s into 7 open. Keep the classes as big as possible. What do they have to fear? A cripple and a woman? Sheesh!

If you do nothing and keep the big and small motors together as it has been, then you may or may not lose some of the guys with smaller motors. This will also tend to drive them out, or force them to step up to get competitive. This is the status quo, and ignores the new rule change. VORRA has always used SCORE rules as a guidline, making changes or addendums at its own discretion.

Don't forget, there was no 7 Open in VORRA until 2000 when Ed moved me up (in my stock 2.3 with stock suspension) so that Kevin Huseman would have someone's purse money to take in his Pro Lite truck. My competitive advantage which warranted such a move? Fiberglass doors! Really! Even though we all still have to weigh 3000lbs. Patty also joined in because she was tired of being hassled for their illegal front arms. There are now other people joining in, and 7 open is getting bigger and bigger every race.

OK everyone, DOGPILE!!!

curt

Reaction
OOOHHHH what you said " a cripple and a woman" I'm tellin Patty, she'll probably let the air out of your chairs tires when you're not looking ;)

It doesn't matter how many classes we have as long as there's enough vehicles per class. I'd put it out that for a new sub class to be created there should be a minimum amount of vehicles in the main class. 7s and open should be the only classes we have until they reach say 6 trucks consistently then if people wish, you open a new sub class called SX or mini or pre runner or whatever is appropriate and let that class spin off. I like the idea of 3 or 4 mini truck classes, but only if the vehicles show up consistantly. It's easy to race once or twice a season but it takes dedication and financial stability to make it a whole season. We also need to balance the need to keep the classes full with the ability to grow, right now growth is more important. If I was making the call I'd tell whomever to bring what you've got, we'll fit it in and if your doing a build or spending money on a rebuild stick to the rule book for the 3 classes we have since there are no guarantee's as to what classes we will be able to run long term.

But we do really need to get some of these issues worked out so people can plan........

Curt

VORRA Class 7

Big_Rich

Reaction
I believe both billy and curt are saying the same thing, correct. I don't like the idea of spinning off another class, I also feel that if someone wants to run a bigger motor, as long as it was "offered" that should be ok. Hey where are the class reps. Patty? Curt?

Lets decide as a group "VORRA" only;

what is a 7 open

what is a 7s

Rich

www.vorra.com