#80, TT, Who is this guy!!!

MALABANAN

Reaction
This was at the 2009 KOTD. Lap 1, mile 29. WHAT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NIKAL

Reaction
Robert Wagner owns that truck. He built it many, many years ago and Tim @ TLR had helped Robert update the truck several years back. It was good to see it out racing again.

D. Freeman

Reaction
He attemped to enter it in class 8 but they wouldnt let him due to the fact it is a ford body and frame with a chevy powerplant. So Wagner went home kinda upset ripped a 0 off the side and came back and said put me in trophy truck class, oh and dont trophy trucks start first so thanks ill be the first guy off the line then. Wagner is an excellent driver and a real cool guy I had the opportunity to meet him a couple weeks ago.

Danny Alcala

Reaction
so what ended up happening? i never saw him come by pit row agian. i think i heard something about him loosing a belt?

Allen Roben

Reaction
From what I was told Robert had belt issues and may have lost a water pump. The motor started running hot so he shut it down. Dont worry though with a few changes he will be back and ready to go!

NIKAL

Reaction
Even though Robert only completed one lap before he lost the belts or water pump. His time on lap 1 was only a minute & a half slower then both McMillin and McCallum. Not bad for an older I beam TT.

m80ondirt

Reaction
So if he stuck a ford engine in he would be good for class8? He was hauling **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** in that truck!!

Woody1200

Reaction
Robert is a class A guy and a damn good driver. Give him a vehicle and he'll give you a win.

He is a very nice guy always willing to help. he will be back in the Night race he said to run TT again

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Robert truck is the old Budwiaser truck that raced FUD back in the days. it was a single seater.

BLUEBAJA

Reaction
All that speed came from the Bow Tie Powerplant. If it was a ford motor in it, it wouldn't of been as fast :)

BGRANT

Reaction
Robert truck is the old Budwiaser truck that raced FUD back in the days. it was a single seater.

FUD used to call it the "Budweiser Funny Truck". Either Robert or Craig Corda was pulled over on Evan Hewes Highway late one night heading out to a race. They worked on it so late they "shook it down" on the way to the race. (without a trailer) I think the tow truck driver dropped it off at the pits for them while they sorted things out with the fuzz.

TNT race photo

Reaction
It was the belt, the thing was dumpin buckets when he stoped

MALABANAN

Reaction
I talked with Tim Lawrence of TLR, and he shared some positive stories about the truck.

stokessdca

Reaction
truck pics

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 332
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 340

danzar

Reaction
It was Robert who got pulled over on the hwy. The cops were at the 4 way stop and they said they could hear him coming from a mile away. I used to work for Johnnie Johnson & we did a lot of work on that truck at his shop, that had to be early 90's. Tim should remember.