'86.5 Nissan Hardbody Revamp

MobTech Photo

Reaction
In the fall of 1986 I was just a fetus, but my parents were in the market for a new mini pick up. They decided upon a long bed nissan hardbody. I have been driving it the last 7 years. Well after 315k miles the truck has seen better days. Earlier this summer the truck was in need of some tlc. My father and I decided to change out the vg30i V6 in favor of a newer vg30e V6. After starting the project ran across a used total chaos kit in the rdc classified area. (install in the suspension forum) At the moment the trucks interior is in the above condition. In the next couple weeks the new engine, which was taken out of a '93 pathfinder, will be installed. The grey interior is a combination of pathfinder and grey rattle canned hardbody parts. Along with the engine and interior it will be nice to FINALLY have air conditioning. Any questions just ask. It has been a fun build so far.

MobTech Photo

Reaction
The fuel tank has seen better days. I estimate the dents shrunk it from a 21.7 gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank. The biggest problem is the dent is right where the fuel pump goes in. That might explain the fuel gauge problems. Made brackets to lift the tank 2", seeing as I have a 2" body lift it should sit under the bed about where it did stock and be protected a little better.

California MiniTruck

Reaction
WOW! Those are some really clean interior parts! Every thing looks great so far, let us know if there is anything we can help you with. We have a good amount of parts for your truck including that fuel tank!:D:D:D

Nick Wehby
VP Racing Division
California Mini-Truck
4002 State St.
Montclair, CA 91763
phone 909-622-1381
fax 909-623-3240
calminitruck.com

Big Fish

Reaction
I have a tank out of my 95 Nissan Hardbody in great condition you can have. I will be putting a new fuel cell in my truck. It is complete with pump, filler hose, and a half a tank of gas. P.M. me if your interested.

MobTech Photo

Reaction
I have been working on the truck around my school and work schedule. Just finished building a different speaker box. I am hoping to have the truck back on the streets by christmas, but it is not looking to promising. I figure do it right the first time and hopefully have less repairs later. Got most of the hybrid hardbody/pathfinder exhaust back into the truck just need to make hangers for the muffler. Got the new fenders but have not put them on yet. The interior just needs a good vacuuming the seat to be put back in. Need to bleed the brakes and it will be ready for a trip around the block. Then the bed comes off and the rear suspension and spare tire mounts are next on the to do list.

MobTech Photo

Reaction
where did you get such a nice interior?? I have a 92 that i want to do the same treatment to. They are GREAT trucks.
I got luck and took most of it out of the pathfinder that was purchased to be a heart/engine transplanter. I painted the parts that were truck parts to match. I have been to quite a few pick-a-parts. You may be able to piece an interior together that way. I got super lucky and it looks really good. Thanks for the props. You have any pictures of your truck? pm me.