'86.5 Nissan Hardbody Revamp

MobTech Photo

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Still working on the rear. Most of the fabrication is done with the suspension and dd spare tire mount. Still need to build bumper and refurbish the bed before the bed gets put back on.
100_4984.jpg

100_4985.jpg

nismogizmo

Reaction
pretty cool, i'm getting ready to throw the cage in my 87, and building the frontier sc engine for it. Very nicely done with everything, super clean and practical. 2 thumbs up

MobTech Photo

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Update: I had a problem with my registration. Apparently the DMV does not like it when you take your insurance off a car before you non-op it. So I waiting on that in the mean time it is sitting in the garage. Will it is sitting I decided to fix the broken manifold stud. Problem came when I broke the easy-out, when broke a carbide drill bit in the easy out. So now I have a broken bit in a easy-put which is in broken stud. On top of that I when to get dinner and came back with a Fix-it ticket for my commuter car. Hopefully next week will be a better vehicle week though.

squirelmurphy

Reaction
Just read this thread again. Cool truck, cool project. I remember when these trucks came out, they looked so different from all the other trucks at the time. You've made some nice upgrades while keeping the truck largely "stock". I like the front bumper guard, also.

Last edited:

tpatkins

Reaction
Turned out very nice! I hope to see more upgrades in the future.