87 F-150 beams????

mcne

Reaction
There is a possibility I have one six inch bent beam and one four inch bent beam on my truck with six inch coils. I bought the beams used and took the guys word they were both bent six inches. My question is, is it possible to have my truck still sit level after having the alignment shop install the proper alignment cams even though they are different? I have had it aligned and my alignment is perfect, yet my truck passenger side is a few inches lower than my drivers. The springs are also used. Could it be that the one side is sagging or do I have a bigger problem? I thought about swapping springs to see if there is a difference but want get everyones opinion. The beams were originally from Camburg if it matters. I was told that if I did have miss matched beams it shouldn't matter as long as I have six inch springs but might have trouble adjusting the camber. Maybe Jerry could shed some knowledge?

Brian.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
I would swap the spring sides and see if anything changes. As far as I know (could easily be wrong) there is not much difference (if any at all) in the bend in a beam for a 4 or 6" coil. I believe the bend is the same, just different coil (obviously) are used, and then alignment cams for the proper adjusability. So, swap the coils and see what happens. The driver side should be slightly higher anyways, so the truck levels when you the driver) sits in it. Steve

1992f150

Reaction
That is correct about the mismatched beams, the bend should only affect alignment, not how much lift you have, so Id look at your springs. Spring gives the lift, beam bend gives the ballpark correct camber (then use the adjuster shims to get it perfect)

Azusa: shame of the foothills

In_the_works

Reaction
I had a similar problem, pass. side sitting a couple inches lower, so I picked up some Autofab springs to replace the cheapies I had, and now it sits just fine.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma