89-95 toyota spindles

Travisfab

Reaction
I heard a rumor that fabtech was going to begin building these, any news on that, anyone build them, looking for about 3 inches of lift

Tyson

Reaction
no idea on price but there are a picture of these on fabtechs website (not that I frequent that site often) but someone e-mailed me that they have just been realesed.

www.fabtechmotorsports.com

Travisfab

Reaction
I just found them, on the site (looked a little harder) It looks like they are getting 4" of lift for use with a 31x10.50 tire, part number is FTS4184-7 if anyone is interested. I am not very impressed with fabtechs suspension kits either, I am just looking for something to hold me over until I have the cash for long travel, If another company made spindles I would rather pick those up, anyone know of a shop that makes custom spindles?

gary

Reaction
not available for another 30-45 days, and no price set yet...

Tyson

Reaction
This would solve us not having to hack the front of your truck off like we had to with mine... LoL remember that day.

For those of you that don't here is a quicky.
Went to Garys to look into building an engine cage as we took off the glass hes on one side of the truck and I grabbed the sawzall and started cutting he runs over and gave me the look of you S O B then we built it that night and it came out great. - nothing beat the satisfaction of watching the whole OEM body from the cab forward fall to the ground.

awe ghetto fab I love it.

K sorry didnt mean to be a hijacker.

Travisfab

Reaction
just to confirm I received an email from fabtech this morning with the same info Gary stated above, will post some pics as soon as I get them, no I dont have long travel but this will hold me off

gary

Reaction
yeah, so much for you making it to ocotillo that weekend.....but it was a lot of fun, and went surprisingly well....
this spindle is possibly the answer to my yota prayers. i can hopefully finally ditch the body lift and still run 33's without having to make firewall modifications, relocate the clutch m/c, or totally cut out the inner fenderwells. all kinda tough on the daily driver, with limited time/ down time to do the work. i'd still hafta redo the shock hoop/engine cage up front, as it wont clear the master cylinder if(when) the body drops back down to the frame rails once again, but that's still less work than having to redo it and all the other stuff. and i still get to uncrank the torsions (for now, coilovers are still in the future) and gain some droop that i dont have...this just keeps getting more appealing in my head. anyone wanna rain on my parade and make me realize something i'm missing?
and let me be the first to say, that if it's painted blue, i know it'll get like twice as much travel as before!!!

cleartoy

Reaction
All i gotta say is where the hell were these a year and a half ago when i needed them! Now Im running a kit that comes with spindles......but back in the days of upper arms and 31s hittin, it would have been nice.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Gary, mount the 33's, leave the stock rubber bump out and jump it....hard....all your firewall clearance issues will be solved.....I speak from experiance...lol

cleartoy

Reaction
I should pic up a set and reconfigure them to run with my Chaos Uni kit. Can you say 35s, no body lift???????

cleartoy

Reaction
Yeah not to shabby for his 4wd suspension based rig.

Tyson

Reaction
Hey David I got 35's with no body lift

cleartoy

Reaction
Cool. My 33s hit the fenders up front now, if i trimed them a little theyd clear. 35s would rip them off.

I dont have any sheetmetal forward of the firewall so thats not an issue.

And although your arms are center mounted, how much longer than stock would you estimate your arms are than stock(from stock pivot point out)Tyson??

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Yup 35's with stock fender wells....I did the same thing Pat did. Put them on and jumped it a few times (wasent a pretty sound) but after a few times the sound went away. Good to go!

cleartoy

Reaction
In my case with fiberglass being the limiting factor(same front fenders your running Austin) I think it would be more of a snap\crackle pop with all the fiberglass dust goin in the air. Thats the only place it would hit on the front of my truck.

2 totally different frame setups.

Tyson

Reaction
Well we extended the wheelbase 4" as well so that helped. BUt before that happened I had to notch back the firewall to get them to fit. And Im not sure from stock (IE PIVOT POINTS) but, my truck is 6" wider then stock per side.

and Fish, you did so do some notching of your firewall. I remember the 3 grinding dicks that we went through.

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Anyone have a yota on 37"s? But not a skyhigh lifted piece, I'm talking long travel and squated. That would be sick.

The funniest picture I've seen, is a 35" baja sitting next to a stock 2wd toyota wheel bearing. I don't have it but if you see it you'll wonder "how the hell do they not break?" It blows my mind that they last!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Tyson you have been up to late again buddy. I have never taken a grinder to my fender wells lol. The foot wells are in the same place they have just been hammered back by the tires and a hammer.