9.25" ifs front diff swap on OBS half ton Silverado questions

Brian Powell

Reaction
So I was reading a couple of threads on different forums and have a few questions about swapping a 9.25" front diff in to where the 8.25" diff lives on my truck, its an OBS ecsb 1500, and a question about control arms. My first question is that I've read that you have to cut the front mount down (at least on NBS trucks) to clear the steering assembly. If you were to move the steering assembly forward though would it make any difference or would it require as much fab work as cutting the mount down would?

Then my second question is I'm going to be using a Rough Country 4" lift and it uses uca drop brackets and the lca mounts to the drop crossmembers. However, I want to upgrade to 8 lug up front that way I can match a factory ff14 bolt that way I only have to buy one set of new wheels. I'm going to be using a kit from Baja Kits long travel kit for 07 to 13 3/4 ton, won't be purchasing the shocks or tie rods that are an option and instead I will use a set of dual rate King remote reservoir coilovers with shock towers with frame cutouts from Artec Industries if the shock ends up being too tall for the factory tower. My question is will the mounts be too narrow on the drop bracket to get the uca into position? I've read that 3/4 ton lca's will bolt into 1/2 ton mounts, but I also wonder if the geometry is different between the 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton? I'm also going to swap in a 4l80 with ORD's Magnum box bolted to a driver side drop NP205 t-case so will I need to change the driveshaft length or will it be fine?

Thanks in advance for your help, I look forward to getting the answers to my questions

Brian Powell

Reaction
I just remembered, I'm also thinking of installing factory dually extensions for a wider track width to the hubs which will be Timken O.E. replacement ones for a 2010 3/4 ton and will be using custom length RCV shafts, so do the half shafts bolt through the dually extensions or do they simply go to the hubs and the extension bolts on after the halfshafts has been bolted in place on the hub?