9" 3rd ?

cs_drums

RDC Crypto
My question is in requards to the rear end im building for my 94 Bronco 5000lb +/- few pounds with a stock for now 351w, 35" km2 likely to go to projects.

Here is what a have:

- Econoline 9" housing
- stock 84 31 spline 3rd
- Mark Williams Big Bearing Nod case
- 4.86 gears

So I am going to 35 spline axles my questions are:

1. I know Mark Williams spools aren't the same spline as most other makes. Can I use a more common spool in his 3rd with out any issues?

2. As far as pinion supports are concerned do I need to by any specific one to work in this application or can I use the stock one from the 84 3rd? If not recomendations please?

3. Opinions on best bang for you buck axle manufacture? i.e. Currie, moser, etc.

Thanks the help is always appreciated!

cs_drums

RDC Crypto
Soooo.....

Im getting a Mark Williams spool and I found out i can use the stock pinion support but its not recommended.

New questions/opinions-

1. What pinion support? Im most concerned with bang for buck. I would rather buy it once and be done but I don't need cool/overkill parts for my application.

2. Axles, what brand currie, moser, strange, etc.? Same as above bang for buck not just the cheapest.

Hopefully i get some replies this time. Just looking for some opinions/experiences/customer service(pet peeve of mine). Thanks DUDES

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
currie axles would suit you well for what your running IMO.

Tech Tim

RDC Crypto
So I am going to 35 spline axles my questions are: 1. I know Mark Williams spools aren't the same spline as most other makes. Can I use a more common spool in his 3rd with out any issues?

The most common 35 spline for most aftermarket builders is the 60* Dana spline pressure angle; Mark Williams uses a 45* spline pressure angle.

2. As far as pinion supports are concerned do I need to by any specific one to work in this application or can I use the stock one from the 84 3rd? If not recommendations please?

For pinion supports, you only need to worry about specialty pin supports if you are going to use 35 spline pro gears or are flipping the housing. For a standard forward rotation pin support you can go with a Daytona pin support, they use a larger pin bearing.

3. Opinions on best bang for you buck axle manufacture? i.e. Currie, moser, etc.

When it comes to low buck shafts most of the shaft manufacturers (Currie, Dutchman, Yukon etc.) do a decent job on their base level shafts.

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
I have some 35 spline Currie axles with 5/8" studs that may work for you.
Hey Ramsey, what year of Ford Econoline van rear axles are the best to use for a wider 9in rear axle. Also would it be a good idea to
convert it to a full floater and go to a 40 spline. I remember the problems the 35 spline semi floaters had with breaking under race conditions.

RDC Crypto
Hey Ramsey, what year of Ford Econoline van rear axles are the best to use for a wider 9in rear axle. Also would it be a good idea to
convert it to a full floater and go to a 40 spline. I remember the problems the 35 spline semi floaters had with breaking under race conditions.
Dave, I'll stop by in the next little while.