9" housings

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
We also have our new rearend housings and full floating hubs available.

Housing is 3/16 center section, 3/8" faceplate, 3.5" x .250 wall tubes. $995.00 including the rear truss. The top truss and lower skidplate/bashplate is an extra $150.00.

We will also have these new rearends with 3 link and 4 link mounts and the top truss will be incorporated into the top mounts.... I will post pictures in a few of this....

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Reaction
I am thinking of replacing my 8.8 with a 9.

Would like some opinions on these rear 9" housings.

http://www.spidertrax.com/Spider9-Housing-65C35

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=385

LT 96 F150 4WD TTB
Will be running a Detroit Locker
Will be running 33" tires
Dual purpose desert truck with trail riding.
I run spring over for max ground clearance
Depending on what your current plans are and if you look forward to any upgrades later, will determine what housing and component package you go with. We cant forget about budget either.
Are you planning on running flanged ends or floater ends? What sort of price range are you trying to stick to for a complete rear end? Brake set up? Engine size (horse power)?
Those are all important things to consider when setting your budget, buying parts, and deciding who to go with.
Here are some links to our housing and hubs that we offer.

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=housings_all

http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/products.asp?section=hubs_rear_2_5_floater

f1sleepy

Reaction
A question for Camburg and Blitz: Do either of you include vent, fill or drain bungs for that price? Or are those all add ons?

James

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Reaction
A question for Camburg and Blitz: Do either of you include vent, fill or drain bungs for that price? Or are those all add ons?

James
Those are additional. There are many variations and preferences when buying a housing, so we usually just leave it separate.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction

James
Yes we include a drain, vent and filler.

f1sleepy

Reaction
Thanks for answering guys.

Jerry, I'm actually quite surprised you guys include those in the price as that was something no one included when I bought my housing. Props. I think you guys definitely have a high quality product for the price range.

James

5.3Ranger

Reaction
Do either of you guys(Burg& Blitz) have a prerunner type fabricated rear endm set up similar to a what currie offers? I'm looking for something in the 2500 -3000 range that would include a spool. nodular case, 35 spline semi-floating axlew, & basic brake mounts(would like to use explorer brakes i have)? I'd love to go full floater with wilwoods but I know that usually puts you in the 5k range. Looking to run this in a 350hp small block ranger with 35's and wanted to see if currie was the only option at that price

Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Reaction
Do either of you guys(Burg& Blitz) have a prerunner type fabricated rear endm set up similar to a what currie offers? I'm looking for something in the 2500 -3000 range that would include a spool. nodular case, 35 spline semi-floating axlew, & basic brake mounts(would like to use explorer brakes i have)? I'd love to go full floater with wilwoods but I know that usually puts you in the 5k range. Looking to run this in a 350hp small block ranger with 35's and wanted to see if currie was the only option at that price
PM Sent

Thank-you for all the information, pictures, links, etc.
No problem. Any time...

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
To be honest I would not run a 350 hp small block without a floater. I would save up and do it right the first time. Yes it is a bit more but in the long run look at what you are getting. I would like to invite you to come check out our shop and the parts we are making. I will show you all the parts and why they cost what they cost and how much more you will be getting in the long run.

jgbjgb

Reaction

James
There is a question I would never have thought of asking, but due to the answers:

Those are additional. There are many variations and preferences when buying a housing, so we usually just leave it separate.
And

Yes we include a drain, vent and filler.

I must ask this question.

In all the pictures on all the sites, the housings are shown in their "rough form". I am guessing to show of their construction and welds.

So, do these housings come painted, powder coated?

OR, is this an option, extra?

motoxscott

Reaction
So, do these housings come painted, powder coated?
They come raw, but powdercoating them can be an option if it's complete and ready to go.

I'm thinking about putting tool black on mine instead of powdercoating it. That way it can be touched up easily.

- Scott @ Camburg

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
yes, we can build it super small or sick wide. you give us your desired WMS-WMS number and we do the rest.

motoxscott

Reaction
Burg and Blitz,

Do you offer custom widths?

Chris
Really for the most part they are all custom built for the customer. Their are so many different variables with , hubs, axles, 3rd members, brakes, width's etc. We can build something for everyone.

- Scott @ Camburg

5.3Ranger

Reaction
Thanks everyone for your help! I definitely gained some insight on some products for what I'm trying to build.

Ziggy

Reaction
Whats the width from flange to flange on both of these choices.
I have a 35 spline Summers center section.Will I be able to use this in either application?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Whats the width from flange to flange on both of these choices.
I have a 35 spline Summers center section.Will I be able to use this in either application?
Yes and we can make it any width!