930 max

murphco

Reaction
what is the max useable angle on an unprepped 930 cv?this will be used in a light car with low(40ish)horsepower.id like to get some real numbers from someone not 25-30 that ive seen in build threads here and on desertrides.

murphco

Reaction
let me add pbp that mark the owner of the car has the back drooped out with the axle at 26 degrees and you can spin the axle no problem.at one spot though it seems to have a hard spot,like it is binding but its not.the axle will still slide or plunge and has the same resistance as when it has 0 degrees.the droop stops have been cut off of the torsion housing and the spring plates are notched a bit.the rear has 14" foa's with the wrong rate but new springs are on the way.i just dont want him to go too far with the cvs and i dont have the buggy dork knowhow,thanks.

PT9Baja

Reaction
I have some dinged up boot flanges from running 27-28 degrees. I have it limiled to around 25 now and no problem. The cv was ok at 28 but the axles hit the flanges which came from Kartec. Is there a boot flange that is clearanced better?

Martin

Reaction
If you want them to last no more than 28.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Your going to have to run the over boots at that much angle.

I have run them at 28* plus steering on a 4X. Granted, they only lasted a couple of pre-runs, but that was on a heavy vehicle with a lot more power.

The tight spots will go away after they run for a little.