934 CV boot and bolt questions

jpndave

Reaction
Which of the boots for a 934 (size 21) CV are the best choice for maximum travel? I am hoping for about 28 degrees after prep work on the joints. Cost is an issue but they need to work and last too.

What about bolts to attach the CV to the flanges? Do I need the dedicated specialty fasteners or is a properly sized high grade bolt ok?

I have done a lot of searching and haven't found the answers I need. If I missed something, please post a link.

Thanks!

Dave

Jess@HighAngle

Reaction
I am pretty sure kartek makes a dual boot set-up- As for the bolts try to get a good US grade -and if possible saftey wire drill them . Jess

Tipracer

Reaction
IMO 28 degrees is really pushing it...a little less will save you constant prep/worries. The boots will last a lot longer if you limit the travel, a good set of boots should last you a season. The bolts are very important..make sure you use the ones with the star head grade 8 or higher if possible, and when installing them just be sure there is ZERO grease on the threads. Safety wire the bolts if possible and you will never have to check for loose bolts during a race.....hopefully.

jpndave

Reaction
Thanks for responses. I realize that 28 degrees is pushing the limits. It would only ever hit that at full extension of the suspension, I guess I could limit it back a bit if necessary. Full compression will be more like 22 degrees. Normal ride height about 6 degrees. It sounds like the specialty fasteners aren't required, just the highest grade you can get and attention to detail in installing, safety wire, etc.

tmathews

Reaction
Hey jpndave,

Try contacting www.racereadyproducts.com

Maybe they can help