94 F150 glass fenders

The_Hulk

Reaction
Have a pair of glass fenders that I want to mount on my 94 F-150 but I want to keep the inside of the steel fender on the truck and just put the glass on the outside. Any help or tricks to skin the stock fenders and mount the glass ones? Thanks for any help.

NORCALf150

Reaction
i did 4 inch flares on my 92 and i ditched all my inner fender,, to me it wouldnt have looked right and frankly it looked like it was too much work, i ended up makin a new support used some sheet metal to mount all my stuff under the hood, then i cut back some of the plastic fender well and then drapped plastic to the edgeof the new fender, took a while but turned out good

the faster i go the smother it is

motoxscott

Reaction
From what I remember, for you too keep the existing inner fender you would really have to cut it back and their wouldnt be much left of it. You're better off losing that, building your own core support and then making an inner fender yourself.

'92-'96 F-150's arent fiberglass friendly like ranger and the newer F-150's are. Glass doesnt just bolt on and off.

-Scott

In_the_works

Reaction
Listen to them, dude. I just finished mounting mine last weekend, and you really need to make new supports. It's not as difficult as it sounds, but you will probably have to do some welding if you want your airbox, fuse box, battery tray to be secure when you're romping. I'll post some pics of how I did it. And make sure you drill your holes in the right place (measure twice)

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

The_Hulk

Reaction
Yeah I thought about ditching the whole thing but was just wondering if there was an easy way to keep the inner fender well. I guess I'll make my own mounts, and if I anyone has pics I'd like to see them.