94 ranger street legal engine

singlehanded

Reaction
I have a 94 ranger with around 140,00 miles on it. I am thinking about my options on a new or rebuilt engine for it that is street legal. Right now I have a 4.0. Is it worth rebuilding my engine or putting a newer one in or something else? I would also like to have around 250 horses. Any ideas or a name of a shop near brea,placentia anehiem?
thanks

local

SDranger

Reaction
Perry McNeil can swap in a SOHC 4.0l which would be street legal and they have 210 hp stock, so 250 doesn't seem to far off. You can swap in a 5.0, but i think they require too much work to move them back enough. also, check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.vanirtech.com>http://www.vanirtech.com</A> they have 4.0ohv and 4.0sohc performance parts.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

Greg

Reaction
I recently rode in a sohc 4.0 and was not impressed. It was an auto but i thought the 50hp difference from the ohv 4.0 whould be huge, it was barely noticable. We have had 2 rangers with 5.0 swaps that were truely smog legal and regestered at the meetings, about 10 that had 5.0 swaps that weren't legal though.

Greg

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Rebuild with some head work and and a cam and you will be happy. I know competition makes a cam for it. My girl has the 4.0 SOHC and it is nothing to brag about. If you wnat teh 4.0 SOHC I can get you one with complete wiring and computer for around $1200-1500.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

singlehanded

Reaction
Ya I'll probably just rebuild it and build it up a little. Anybody know some good shops in north o.c. Also anybody know where I can get a dual friction centerforce clutch and install for a reasonable price. I got a gibson muffler today at 4wheel parts and they quoted around $850 installed (ouch).

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Take that muffler back and get a flowmaster, borla, or spintech...lots cheaper. Check out Hammes Bros. they do our race motor.

Kris

gary

Reaction
for exhaust work, try fantasy muffler, in buena park...prices are good, and they're cool with prerunner trucks...on western and commonwealth/manchester

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
steve at fantasy muffler can build you a real nice system for a good price. 714-522-3110 pete

race trash wiring

singlehanded

Reaction
I guess I worded that a little wrong $850 installed was for the centeforce dual frition cluch. I paid 80 for the muffler and know a shop that will put it on for 30 bucks. So only cost me about 120 for ehaust. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get that clutch for a decent price installed?

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
thats 400 bucks for the install. Buy the clutch and find a local shop to install it for a couple hundred. Also change the slave while they are in there.

Kris