'96 Bronco body, no frame. . .keep or get rid of???

atomicjoe23

Reaction
So I have a '96 Bronco that I got to do a body swap on our 1949 Jeep Willy's pick-up. . .that project is taking everything except the body (frame, engine/transmission, axles, etc).

The hood and front fenders are no good, but the rest of the body is straight, rust free, and actually has good paint on it too. . .question is should I hang onto the body for a future Bronco project or get rid of it? With a pick-up that would be an easier question to answer because people tube frame those all the time. . .I just don't recall ever seeing a Bronco built without the stock frame.

Thanks for the help.

Bert is my name

Reaction
If you have the resources and motivation to build a tube chassis bronco keep it. If not sell it to fund another project. Or buy a rust bucket and swap the body.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
That's kinda what I was thinking on both fronts Bert. . .I picked it up for $700; the guy slid into the rear end of an F-350 at less than 30 MPH, but he crunched the hood and both front fenders.

Brand new rear end, new driveshaft, rebuilt transmission, new brakes and tires on all 4 corners and the interior doesn't even look all that worn out. . .it was a steal of a deal.

I have the ability and resources to do a tube frame although I'm thinking finding another Bronco with a terrible body, but cdecent chassis/drivetrain would be a LOT easier unless I decided to ditch 4WD and go to a centermount 2WD A-Arm set-up. That doesn't seem like the best idea for Western Washington though. . .I just need a place to stash it where it's not an eye sore (I already have a Bug in line in front of it that is an eyesore) until I finish up some other projects.

jon coleman

Reaction
keep it, put in front yard& cover w- big beautiful blue tarp fir neighbors to enjoy.thats what i used to do living in no.clairmont.really, build it.lottsa bronco projects for sale, parts ect.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Jon, Clairmont Mesa?

I used to live in Tierrasanta before moving to Washington state. . .

jon coleman

Reaction
no. clairmont by post office, duplex ville.before that next to hail jr jail tecolote

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I meant Clairmont Mesa. . .it was North of the football stadium; off of the 805 and Balboa Ave.

FunBike Center built there new GIGANTIC motorcycle dealership out there in like 2006 or so.

Bert is my name

Reaction
Yeah. I know exactly what you're talking about. One of the few areas of San Diego outside of east county that you see vehicles in various states of repair/disrepair that doesn't get too much harrassment for non moving vehicles.