97 f150 camburg 6.5

nick9

Ive been looking into making my dd a bit more fun to drive. Not planning on playin tt with the thing just something I could take to the dunes and dezert and get through the whoops without rollin every one and bouncing my head off the roof. I have been checking out the camburg 6.5 kit, and now have the money to do it? Does anybody have any experience with this kit or another kit (already saw the cst kit looks like rc car parts).

tool46n2

Hey nick, the camburg kit is a really nice kit. I got that 6.5 kit for my silverado and have had no problems with the kit what so ever. And its also a kit you could install right in your drive way. What plans do you have for the rear of your truck?

nick9

Was just gonna add a leaf with a ected locker and regear. Did you notice a difference off road with it, what did you do to your rear end? thanks for the info.

tool46n2

I had the fabtech 6 inch upper control arm lift kit that came with a lift spindal, coil. I changed to the camburg kit cause of the problems i was having. After putting on the camburg kit I noticed thats the suspension felt more fluid in motion and more travel. With the camburg kit I know I can go out and beat it up in the dirt and drive back home when Im done. As for the back I got deavers With Bilstein 5100 shocks and blitzkrieg motorsports shackles.