• Forum membership has its advantages....

97 F250 4x4 Diesel Build

RanchoPacific Motorsports

I have had this Truck for a couple of years, and have slowly been doing stuff to it. First while it was all stock I removed the bumper and trimmed the Front fenders so I could Clear 37's. then my turning radius was bad because the tires would hit on the Front leaf springs so I built radius arms and added Coilovers, it was a fun truck to drive but I wanted more. So now we are here...
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG

I was playing around offroad and slid into a large rut all 8,000 lbs of truck stopped by the left front tire and bent the radius arm, so since i needed to build new radius arms I thought it was also a good time to extend the TTB. i bought a extra set and started to work on them.
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG

How's your ttb extension going?? What are your plans for axles?
The truck is back on the coilovers, I extended the steering and will eventually build a single swing set steering for it.
For the axles I am using two sets to make 1 longer set. My father-in-law is a machinist so he is making a sleeve for them.
Eventually I want to go with RCV CV axles, they make a nice kit for the TTB but it is just under $2000 so I am holding off for a while.

71f1hundy

Nice..I used 2 axles aswell so u only need 1 cut and weld..my d44 axles fit inside a
188"wall 1.75" tube real tight..yours are probably bigger??

Chris Tobin

So far I have done the 6637 filter mod, and a turbo back 4" exhaust. I am going to order a TS performance 6 setting chip pretty soon.
The TS Performance Chips are great and there are a lot of tuners out there that write custom tunes for them... The guys at DP Tuner also offer a touchscreen controller/monitor/datalogger that you may want to consider and possibly use their tunes...

71f1hundy

I use jodi at dp tuner..I just had my pcm reflashed to run single shot injectors on top of jodi's 60 horse econo tune..if u haven't read up on swamps idm upgrade you should!!!

Chris Tobin

I do a lot of stuff with both DP and Swamps... I do not own a Ford, 7.3L or otherwise, but if I did they are who I would go to for sure!!! I am the Editor of Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine and I regularly contribute to Diesel World magazine and I do articles and stuff with both shops on a somewhat regular basis...

The TS Performance Chips are great and there are a lot of tuners out there that write custom tunes for them... The guys at DP Tuner also offer a touchscreen controller/monitor/datalogger that you may want to consider and possibly use their tunes...
That is one of the main reasons why I like the TS chip so that after I do new injectors and other parts I can get custom tunes on the chip.
I also have a AeroForce Interceptor Gauge but have not installed it yet. It can record data but only 60 seconds at a time.

I started work on my 10.25 dually rear end, this will make it 3" wider per side and only 1.5" per side narrower than the front. Also I scored a set of 39" BFG race tires, I still need to get some 17" beadlocks.20170506_151536.jpg 20170506_151555.jpg 20170507_144630.jpg 20170507_144659.jpg 20170507_144711.jpg